April 20, 2014 | 941 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Remington - T-Studio Pearl Curling Wand

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Raeshelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I was so happy when i got this!! i know so many people who have it and their curls are gorgeous. So i tried it and its the only wand i use now. Love that it comes with a glove. Unless your like me, and feel that your too good for a glove and end up getting a permanant burn on your hand. Putting that aside, this curling wand gives u such pretty spirals!!! wish there was a wider range for the heat settings, but i need it on full heat anyway so it doesnt matter :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My friend bought me this wand for my birthday and I was super exited to try this. When I finally tried it, I was not happy. I tried different ways to make this work and I couldn't. I have a lot of layers and it makes it extremely tedious to use this. The shape is just awful It's not just one solid size which made my hair keep slipping off the wand. The protective glove ripped although I only used it twice. I don't recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Beachsugar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

One of my favorite wands as I do have a few. Simple, easy to use and you can get several different looks. Put the smaller side near the top of the hair for tighter top curl or near the bottom for loose curl at the top. Twist the hair then wrap around the wand for a totally different look.

Never makes my hair frizzy but I do dislike using the glove. I still use but I wish they made ones there didn't mess up the hair. Like satin heat resistant ones if that is even possible.

Keep the temp right for your hair and don't be like the girl on Youtube that had too high of a heat.
Use heat protection. I like Redken heat glide.

I section my hair with clips to make this easier to use. Once I got the hang of it I could curl my hair same speed as a iron with a clip.

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by Yvonneay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I curled my hair with this wand for the first time today after being too scared to use it. I usually do absolutely NOTHING to my hair, no products, no anything. My bangs, I just flat iron them off to the side, and that's it. (I did use heat protectant before using this wand, don't worry! :P)

That being said, this curling wand, because it is tapered, was very hard to use. I found myself trying to keep the hair on the wand by angling the wand in all different directions. I also got the 1/2"-1" wand thinking it was going to be the right thickness. This made it harder to wrap my long hair around it as well.

But in the end, I came out with a very nice, soft, bouncy curl for each section. It took me, someone who has basically NEVER done this, ~45 minutes to do. I think that's great!

Heat settings are great, can choose from a few preset temperatures. I used a hot medium, but midway doing my hair I decided to cool it down more to prevent the curls from becoming very very tight. The box also includes a glove which I used for a bit, then decided I didn't need it since it was bothersome. This glove CAN be used for both hands which was very nice.

After I curled my hair, I didn't spray any hairspray or anything, but I made the mistake of using a comb to "separate the curls" for the bottom layer only, after I realized the comb was too fine. Oops! So my hair was a little "frizzier" than I would like it, but my roommate still complimented my hair and my boyfriend thought it looked great as well. Both, though, said I needed practice! Haha! The curls stayed for me all day and I'm getting ready to head to bed and hopefully be amazed in the morning!

Overall a great product, ESPECIALLY for the price! I am glad I got this and I shall keep practicing!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by svang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have owned one for almost two years now. It still works good, but takes longer to heat up. I curl my hair a few times a week. I have long, thick, wavy, heavy Asian hair, and it works well. I think a previous reviewer stated that she didn't like the curls that this wand produces, but it all depends on HOW you curl it. I typically like more sleek, loose waves, so I don't wrap the hair as tightly nor as long. It looks very natural and very pretty! But if you wanted "Taylor Swift-esque" hair, then you need to wrap your hair tightly around the barrel. I particularly like how the barrel tapers at the end of the wand-- it allows the ends of your hair to hang in a way that is natural and soft. Think of it as controlled, non-frizzy beach waves! I've used a friend's expensive barrel that didn't taper, and the ends of my hair were flying every which way! So its safe to say that I prefer this cheapo depo wand. My hair is quite long now though, and I would like to find a bigger wand, but haven't had such luck! Until then, the Pearl will have to do.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Angelhead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Can't even express how much I love this curling wand! Great price, nice design, and gives the most amazing curls.

I love how it can create very different curls/waves based on how much hair you curl at a time, and how long you hold the hair on the wand. For an express, wavy look I split my hair into just 10 sections, and hold each section on the wand for less than 10 seconds. It takes between 5 and 10 minutes even for my thick, long hair. If I want more defined curls I just use smaller sections, and hold the hair on the wand a little longer. The curls hold up great, I just spray with some Elnett, and they're usually even good to go the next day.

I've owned several traditional curling irons before, but I hated the clamp thing that would always leave ugly "clamp marks" on my hair, no matter how I tried to curl it. It also took forever, and never really looked very natural. Would use them maybe twice a year. I got my Pearl Wand two weeks ago, and have already used it loads. I did find it a little difficult the first time I used it, as the hair tended to slide down the barrel towards the more narrow end, leaving me with too little space to wrap all my hair around it since my hair is quite long. However, I soon figured out that the key is to use the glove so that you can wrap the hair tightly around the wand without burning your hand.

The only thing I wish I could change about this is the pouch it came with, it's really not big enough for both the wand and the cord. But that a small issue really, I would definitely buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by yoshiii

Make sure to buy on Amazon; usually cheaper than in-store -- I found this for $15 on Amazon vs $39(!!) at Walgreens.
It's great for either tight curls or wavier curls. The curls last all day, even without hairspray. It takes me about 20 mins to do my shoulder-length hair, and I have thicker straight hair that usually doesn't hold curls. I use it at 375 degrees.
I have admittedly burned my hand a couple of times bc I didn't like using the glove at first. However, I STRONGLY suggest using the glove. You'll get used to wearing it.
If you do burn yourself, remember to ice the burn and apply Vitamin E oil to prevent scarring and keep doing so in the days after (it really works!). Also apply petroleum jelly or Neosporin to protect the skin.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 2:23:00 AM More reviews by TayEmAubLy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

You can have so many different looks w/ this wand. I can get waves or super tight curls. It only took a half an hour for my whole head. Great variety of heat settings and heats up quick. My curls lasted 48 hours, without falling. This curling wand is truly amazing

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by princessashe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great styling tool and makes great curls in fast time and is worth the price

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by anjamanninen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used numerous curling irons in my day. My 3/4 inch from Conair makes it take 2 hours for me to curl my slick straight and long hair. My hair won't hold a curl with anything over an inch. However, this curling wand makes styling a breeze. It takes me 20-30 minutes to curl my entire head (My hair is SUPER thick.) and it lasts all day. I can even wake up the next morning with beautiful beachy waves. Even though it is super cheap, it is super amazing. The glove, however, is NOT fully heat protective. It even says so on the instructions. It is just one layer of cotton. It will only protect you from burns for about 2 seconds. I personally don't use the glove because I find it harder to hold my hair, plus it gets static-y if i use the glove a lot. I burn myself maybe twice every time I curl my hair, but it heals within a day or two, and they're only the size of a water droplet. So it's no big deal. I definitely recommend this wand, you will LOVE it!