December 18, 2014 | 848 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Remington - T-Studio Pearl Curling Wand

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by vuvie

I have the REMINGTON CI95 PEARL WAND . I love this wand. It curls nicely without singeing the hair even when I do not apply any heat protector.

I love how the curls look after. So pretty and holds the whole day.

Be careful as it is hot and could cause burning on the skin. Use with the glove provided.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by triste3030

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this curling wand! I discovered it through a YouTube tutorial and was curious to try it out myself. Normally when I curl my hair the curls don't last but with the T-Studio they last all day and without any hair spray! I even sleep on my curls and the next morning my hair's as bouncy as can be. It also leaves your hair nice and shiny. Just be careful because the wand gets very hot and the glove that comes with it does not protect your hand at all. It can also be hard to find, they sell it at Target but it's always sold out so I had to buy it online. And at $20 it's a steal! It does what $100 curling wands do: give you very shiny, long lasting curls. I get complements all day long!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by lemontea128

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have always hated curling my hair cause I have hair that wouldn't hold curls. Yes, unfortunately, I'm one of those unlucky ones. But that didn't stop me. I bought a Hot Tools curling iron and a bottle of Paul Mitchell Hot Off The Press spray which really helped keep my curls. But after seeing all those videos on YouTube about curling wands, I really wanted to get one for myself. But there were soo many out there that I didn't know which one to get. Luckily I was given a Amazon gift card and saw that this Remington curling wand was the best seller on their site and that it's made from crushed purls and the most important thing that made me buy it was that I saw a youtuber claim that after using this wand, her curls held for at least 2 days or until she washed it. There are two sizes so far. I got the smaller one..the 1" to 1/2" but I also bought the bigger sized one.. 1 1/2" to 1/" one for my sister cause she had wanted a curling wand too. Omg!! You wouldn't believe the results I got with this wand. I used this yesterday and I applied no hairspray and not even the Paul Mitchell spray on my hair. And guess what!! My curls held the next morning too and is still holding while I'm am typing this review. Never in my life has my hair held any curls at all with any help and my hair is picky about certain hairsprays too. No hairspray has ever held any curls for me except for the Paul Mitchell spray. But this Remington curling wand, it gave me curls that held for 2 days without any use of hairspray. I am a true believer now. And if I ever need to buy a replacement, I will definitely get this again. And I think I'm gonna get the other size too but I'm gonna try the one I'm giving to my sis first to see if I really want the bigger sized one. But this is my holy grail curling wand. I originally bought another curling wand from Ross but returned it without even trying it out cause this one was soooo good and that wand was cheaper too. The only thing I wish they could've done was to make the part that curls your hair longer cause my hair is fairly long and I kinda had to squeeze all my hair onto that section of the wand and maybe come out with ones that has the same size wand throughout. All in all, I would definitely recommend people try this out and will definitely purchase this again if needed.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by madeincolombia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is simply amazing. There is no need for you to go to a salon to curl your hair if you have this. I love it so much I bought it 2x! Depending on how you position this curler you can get all different types of curls. My fav type is a wavy mermaid look. I have been using this product for about 1 year! its great I always get tons of compliements! thanks to me all my friends all now own this wand! xoxo

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Raeshelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I was so happy when i got this!! i know so many people who have it and their curls are gorgeous. So i tried it and its the only wand i use now. Love that it comes with a glove. Unless your like me, and feel that your too good for a glove and end up getting a permanant burn on your hand. Putting that aside, this curling wand gives u such pretty spirals!!! wish there was a wider range for the heat settings, but i need it on full heat anyway so it doesnt matter :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My friend bought me this wand for my birthday and I was super exited to try this. When I finally tried it, I was not happy. I tried different ways to make this work and I couldn't. I have a lot of layers and it makes it extremely tedious to use this. The shape is just awful It's not just one solid size which made my hair keep slipping off the wand. The protective glove ripped although I only used it twice. I don't recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Beachsugar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

One of my favorite wands as I do have a few. Simple, easy to use and you can get several different looks. Put the smaller side near the top of the hair for tighter top curl or near the bottom for loose curl at the top. Twist the hair then wrap around the wand for a totally different look.

Never makes my hair frizzy but I do dislike using the glove. I still use but I wish they made ones there didn't mess up the hair. Like satin heat resistant ones if that is even possible.

Keep the temp right for your hair and don't be like the girl on Youtube that had too high of a heat.
Use heat protection. I like Redken heat glide.

I section my hair with clips to make this easier to use. Once I got the hang of it I could curl my hair same speed as a iron with a clip.

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by Yvonneay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I curled my hair with this wand for the first time today after being too scared to use it. I usually do absolutely NOTHING to my hair, no products, no anything. My bangs, I just flat iron them off to the side, and that's it. (I did use heat protectant before using this wand, don't worry! :P)

That being said, this curling wand, because it is tapered, was very hard to use. I found myself trying to keep the hair on the wand by angling the wand in all different directions. I also got the 1/2"-1" wand thinking it was going to be the right thickness. This made it harder to wrap my long hair around it as well.

But in the end, I came out with a very nice, soft, bouncy curl for each section. It took me, someone who has basically NEVER done this, ~45 minutes to do. I think that's great!

Heat settings are great, can choose from a few preset temperatures. I used a hot medium, but midway doing my hair I decided to cool it down more to prevent the curls from becoming very very tight. The box also includes a glove which I used for a bit, then decided I didn't need it since it was bothersome. This glove CAN be used for both hands which was very nice.

After I curled my hair, I didn't spray any hairspray or anything, but I made the mistake of using a comb to "separate the curls" for the bottom layer only, after I realized the comb was too fine. Oops! So my hair was a little "frizzier" than I would like it, but my roommate still complimented my hair and my boyfriend thought it looked great as well. Both, though, said I needed practice! Haha! The curls stayed for me all day and I'm getting ready to head to bed and hopefully be amazed in the morning!

Overall a great product, ESPECIALLY for the price! I am glad I got this and I shall keep practicing!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by svang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have owned one for almost two years now. It still works good, but takes longer to heat up. I curl my hair a few times a week. I have long, thick, wavy, heavy Asian hair, and it works well. I think a previous reviewer stated that she didn't like the curls that this wand produces, but it all depends on HOW you curl it. I typically like more sleek, loose waves, so I don't wrap the hair as tightly nor as long. It looks very natural and very pretty! But if you wanted "Taylor Swift-esque" hair, then you need to wrap your hair tightly around the barrel. I particularly like how the barrel tapers at the end of the wand-- it allows the ends of your hair to hang in a way that is natural and soft. Think of it as controlled, non-frizzy beach waves! I've used a friend's expensive barrel that didn't taper, and the ends of my hair were flying every which way! So its safe to say that I prefer this cheapo depo wand. My hair is quite long now though, and I would like to find a bigger wand, but haven't had such luck! Until then, the Pearl will have to do.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Angelhead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Can't even express how much I love this curling wand! Great price, nice design, and gives the most amazing curls.

I love how it can create very different curls/waves based on how much hair you curl at a time, and how long you hold the hair on the wand. For an express, wavy look I split my hair into just 10 sections, and hold each section on the wand for less than 10 seconds. It takes between 5 and 10 minutes even for my thick, long hair. If I want more defined curls I just use smaller sections, and hold the hair on the wand a little longer. The curls hold up great, I just spray with some Elnett, and they're usually even good to go the next day.

I've owned several traditional curling irons before, but I hated the clamp thing that would always leave ugly "clamp marks" on my hair, no matter how I tried to curl it. It also took forever, and never really looked very natural. Would use them maybe twice a year. I got my Pearl Wand two weeks ago, and have already used it loads. I did find it a little difficult the first time I used it, as the hair tended to slide down the barrel towards the more narrow end, leaving me with too little space to wrap all my hair around it since my hair is quite long. However, I soon figured out that the key is to use the glove so that you can wrap the hair tightly around the wand without burning your hand.

The only thing I wish I could change about this is the pouch it came with, it's really not big enough for both the wand and the cord. But that a small issue really, I would definitely buy it again!