Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm - Tiger Lily

3.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/20/2011 10:54:00 PM

I really wanted to love this, but I don't. I like the color and it flatters my skin (fair with pink undertones), but the texture is off for me. I have to put on a lot of it to get the moisture effect, but when I do that it looks like I've caked on a bright peachy nude lip stick. The color stains my lips if I wear it, leaving them looking a brighter, unnatural looking pink when it wears off. I do not care for the smell of the product, and $7 is high for a tinted lip balm. IF I wear the product, I have to wear a moisturizing balm under it so that it 1) doesn't cake and settle in the lines of my dried-out lips and 2) gives a more natural color (because I don't have to cake on) and not stain my lips when it wears off. That's a lot of effort for a product that I did not want to have to use a mirror to apply. Packaging was cute and I like having a clear ingredient label that I don't have to search for, but the packaging did lead me to believe that the product was going to be bigger than an average sized lip balm. Also, $7 is a lot to pay for the extra fancy cardboard tube packaging - won't be buying again.

EDIT - So I pulled this out of my makeup drawer the other day and I do actually like it. But I do have to wear a moisturizing lip balm under it so that it doesn't settle into my lines and so that I don't have to cake it on. The color is very very light, but it's flattering on my skin and has a beautiful subtle shine. I will say that this product is not for someone who's looking for more color, it's really a nude lip color.

on 10/16/2011 12:07:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this lipbalm! I think others who aren't satisfied with the color may have skintones that are too dark to be flattered by the color of the balm- a very light peachy-pink. I have very pale skin and this is a great everyday color for me- just a hint of very natural looking color that I like to wear with a darker eye look or just an overall natural look. The balm itself performs well- it moisturizes very well and lasts a couple hours, tops, like every other balm. Very much worth having to me.

on 9/18/2011 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I like everything about this product other than the color. It looks nice in the tube and I was hoping for a light brown color. My lips are larger and can be kind of dry and flaky. This product exaggerated all of the lines on my lips I think because the color is too light. It just looks kind of cakey on me. Pink blossom is a much better color for me.

on 7/29/2011 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really really like this product. I wear it over lipliner (no 7-Boots nude) and the colour payoff is completely appropriate for anytime. I thought the packaging was odd, but I wasn't upset. Very moisturizing and does pill up on my lips ( you know what I'm taking about!). Most definitely will buy again.

on 7/13/2011 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Unlike the Rose, from the same collection, this has no color payoff for me. It was just a slick chapstick. I did want some color, especially because the Rose fit me so perfectly. The best my lips but better look with that one.

This is banished to nighttime beauty treatments.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I was very excited when I bought this product because I though it would be a huge lip balm but it turned out to be the same size as the regular Burt's Bees beeswax lip balms in like three cardboard compartment things. Plus, it was $7 for the tiny little lip balm which I don't even like, when the original one is only $2.99! The color looks very weird on my lips with my NW30 skin tone. Also, I didn't find it moisturizing at all. I love the original Burt's Bees lip balms, but I am not a fan of this one.

on 6/18/2011 1:32:00 PM

AMAZING PRODUCT - I would just like to say this is an amazing dupe for the Chanel rouge coco shine (Which i also own in 48 Evasion) - Seriously ? People are saying this is expensive , Which it kind of is but when i pay 22.00 for Chanel this is a really good deal at 6.00 - The colour of tiger lily is a really lovely orange/coral shade and it does have a very nice tint. It's quite oily i suppose but not in a bad way .. It really does feel like it's doing amazing things to your lips. I love wearing it !! - The only slight problem might be the smell .. my bf said it smells like iron brew lol !!! :)

on 6/14/2011 1:11:00 AM

I like the color but do not care for the smell and taste and found out that is really oily to use during summer. It is not moisturizing enough to use during winter either.
I would' not repurchase, even though is cheap.

on 6/8/2011 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the beeswax lip balm so I gave this a try. Yes, it's moisturizing, but the color was too peachy/coral for my light pigmented lips since I wanted a MLBB look.

on 6/1/2011 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Very light colored muted peach. Adds a nice sheer tint to my lips. I also love the scent as it reminds me of Aveda and Abba shampoos. The texture is very silky and smooth, like butter. Pricier than other balms, but the scent, texture and color and worth it.

Popular Lip Treatments