April 18, 2014 | 752 users online

Palettes - Too Faced - Romantic Eye

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by xosugar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't understand what is going in with too faced palettes lately. I tried the naked eye kit and it was really dry and chalky and I couldn't get it to show up at all. Now I have the romantic eye kit and although the pigmentation is better, it's a chalky mess and the fallout is unbelievable. I can't do my foundation before applying these because of all the fallout I have to clean up. My neutral eye and smokey eye palettes by too faced were nothing like these two. They were great quality and I can't beleve they were even made by the same company.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by snowpaum

I'm a college student who prefers not too natural, but barely done makeup looks. My aunt gave me this palette for gift. So far I love it!! First of all, the colors are divided into three sections for separate looks. For a beginner like me, this division helped me choose colors wisely. I use Fashion section for going out because the yellow and greenish eyeshadow really stand out in my opinion. It doesn't look cakey. Rather, it helps me blend the colors easily because of soft texture. I was surprised that this shadow goes on really smoothly on my eyes. I use the Day and Classic for daily looks. This eyeshadow is a perfect mix of shimmer and matte colors. If applied with an eyeshadow primer, it even lasts longer. I strongly recommend this to all the women who want something in between no-makeup makeup and all-out party night makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by zaynaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is a nice palette, with a few reservations, the highlight shades are all probably too light for me (even as highlights), and they are the largest shades in the palette. My skin is quite pale and even I think I'd have trouble making them look flattering. The other shades are in much smaller pans, but are all more to my taste at least, the metallic shades in the bottom row of the palette are the ones I have used the most. There is no brush or applicator included, but the ones that come with palettes tend to be pretty useless anyway. My real problem with this palette is the packaging. It just looks really cheap. The overall design is okay, if a bit too pink and cutesy, but the box itself isn't that well made, it doesn't close entirely, and when it first arrived in the mail I assumed it was a knockoff (I got mine on eBay, they don't sell this brand in my country), but I've seen other examples and they all look like that. I just doesn't seem good enough for the price this retails for.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by sj3663

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm enjoying the colors in this palette! Well, the Day and Classic looks are what I'm using. I don't know that the other is for me...not fitting into my lifestyle currently, at any rate. There is a good bit of fallout from these shadows, so I'm applying before my other makeup, so I can clean up under my eyes. I don't usually use e/s as liner, but this is working just fine! I am pleased with the "staying power"...just took a nap and my eye m/u looks fine! I don't use an eye shadow primer (gasp!) , so I imagine I'll be even more pleased if I ever get around to that!
I do not like the packaging, but the getting six shadows I really like compensates for that. It's not that the packaging isn't sturdy, just...not aesthetically pleasing to me. I also find the price very reasonable, as I could spend a whole heck of a lot more trying and failing to put together colors that work well together. I just don't have that kind of time to spend! Overall, happy with this purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by ahs767

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

As someone who used a Too Faced palette before (pixie pin-ups) I was thrilled to receive this as a gift. I tried the classic look right away and it turned out beautifully! As always with Too Faced shadows, the application was super smooth and easy to shade and blend. I had absolutely no problems with fall out. These colors are so pretty for a day to day fresh look. Can't wait to keep using it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by lincris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this palette! I own the Naked palette, thebalm nude, etc. However, there's something about this palette that makes it so unique. The colors are great, the quality amazing, the combinations you can create are endless. The shadows are so easy to blend and long lasting (I always wear primer). The colors are adorable! I love the green one. I have green eyes, so these work perfectly. I also own the smokey eye, and I want to get the summer one. The other two natural and naked are too similar to the other 6 naked/nude palettes I own. Either way, romantic eye is my favorite palette, and this is coming from a makeup junkie :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by obabii

Love this palette! I love that this product comes with the cards to guide you through doing the looks. They are very easy to understand. I've done all three looks and have to say my favorite would be the fashion look. I like how the bottom row is pigmented.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I own 4 of Too Faced's palettes and this one probably has the most variety in shadow colors. There are 3 different "looks" you can do with this palette.

The top row has very neutral, subtle shadows. Even the darkest shade is not overly dramatic. The middle row contains shadows to do a purple based eye look. This row would probably work best for neutral to cool toned people. However, even though I have neutral coloring that leans warm, this row works great with my mostly green eyes! The bottom row is more gold and warm toned and reminds me of some of the colors in the Natural and Naked Eye palettes. The gold shadow however is beautiful!

I like how this palette has a variety of colors and a nice balance of matte and shimmery shadows. I find myself reaching for this palette often simply because of its versatility.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was looking at this online for several days before going to purchase it. It was the last one they had, so I figured it must be that good and worth it. Or it could be that Valentine's Day is coming up and women love the idea of a Romantic palette. The box itself and packaging is feminine and pretty. It's more compact than the former palettes in a box style from Too Faced. You can use the shades as they are lined up or create your own style and combinations. I think this is the most loved palette because it's truly the most versatile and girlish. The other palettes are either warm or cool shades, and this has both.

Shade information from Too Faced:

Soulmates: shimmering nectar

I Do: smokey taupe, looks like a cooler toned MAC Copperplate.

Unveil: Smoldering coal, or a deep smokey espresso brown.

Kiss The Bride: pink petal

Cut The Cake: heathered mist.

First Dance: midnight orchid

Bouquet Toss: baby's breath, an ivory.

Honeymoon: gilded fern, it's so metallic and almost a gold coin with a khaki tone.

Ever After: spicy chocolate

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by teashadlynch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I did not buy this product with my own money this was a swap item with one of mt lovely swap sisters! Once I got the package with this palette I was so excited. I opened it up and the Palette was in such better condition them what my girl explained and what the picture looked like. So opened it up and swatched the colors they were so creamey and smooth. I love the colors and the pigmentation. This was my first too faced palette and for that maktter product. The payoff on these shadows remind me so much of the UD shadows. The GOLD is to DIE for this color all over the lid!!!! OMG and the creamy hightlight color is great. Over all this is a great paltte im im glad I swapped for it. If you get a chance to get your hands on it do so. I know ebay has some BN ones or you could always try to swap here!!!