July 31, 2014 | 2037 users online

Polishes - Essie - Nice is Nice

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2011 2:34:00 AM More reviews by courtneyk01

First of all, I really really love this colour. It looks great on my nails and suits pretty much any outfit (not that I really care about that normally). Unfortunately though, I found that it started to lift the same day I had painted it and was peeling the next day!! I didn't do anything different to when I normally give myself a manicure but it was pretty disappointing. I will give it another go and hopefully it will last longer, if not i will still continue to wear it because i am willing to put up with that for the awesome colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by stephanielove13

Nice is nice is one of the prettiest colors ever! It is very close to the other essie color I have, Lilacism, but this is a tiny bit more pink. My mom thought they were the same, though. It's a beautiful pastel color, which is great for spring. The essie brushes can be small to some people who use OPI, but it doesn't make it streaky or anything. It can get a little watery if you use too much and go to the sides on your fingernail, but you can always clean that up. I also like how it's opaque. I would definitely recommend this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2011 4:45:00 AM More reviews by 7bridges

I loooove lavender & lilac polishes. This one is really cute. I love the Essie brush because I have little nail beds, and it allows me sufficient control over placement of the lacquer.
This color is "good Essie"--it isn't streaky, it applies nicely, and dries beautifully. Three thin coats and this one is a winner. The finish is nice too, and I can use a thin top coat (Out The Door by inm) rather than a thick one, and it is still shiny and glossy.
The color itself is quite nice, not blue-toned like Lilacism (core collection) and it doesn't match any of the other million purples I have (which is like, a whooole lot). The whole spring collection was actually cohesive and pretty.
I experienced some wear after 3 days and threw on some WetNWild glitter (Kaleidoscope) and loved it. (I'm a sucker for outrageous nails so slapping glitter on anything is a natural reflex to me.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2011 1:52:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really love this polish. The color is a delicate pale lavender, similar to SH Lacey Lilac except a bit lighter. The formula is a very pleasant surprise considering some of the streaky Essie's I've dealt with, coupled with the fact that it's a pastel. It glides on smoothly and was totally opaque in three coats. It also wore pretty well without a top coat (and has that shiny finish on its own like many Essie's do), only chipping after the third day of wear. I got this polish at 50% off because it was part of the Spring 2011 collection, but I would repurchase it at full price because of the beautiful color and great formula. I don't know if it will become part of the permanent line up (because Lilacism is similar, tho I think it's slightly more blue toned) but I hope so because it is a very flattering color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by citygirl123

I love this color. Not a huge fan of Essie's brushes or formulation (the brushes are too narrow and the formulation is almost always streaky), but this one tends to be a little less streaky than most formulations, and the color is amazing. It's just a very fresh lilac that I find to be very happy and light (if that makes any sense). I own quite a few polishes (definitely at least 25), and this one is probably is in my top 10 (top 5 light colors).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2011 12:05:00 AM More reviews by talexs

Generally I don't buy Essie bc I don't like the brush--tends to give me a streaky finish. I bought this as an impulse purchase & tried it out as soon as I got home. I was pleasantly surprised by the coverage and by how shiny it dried. I always use a top coat but this polish had nice shine before a top coat was applied. Finally, I have had this polish on for about a week and it has not chipped and there is super minimal tip wear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 5:57:00 AM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this on clearance so this is my first foray into Essie nail polish. The application is a bit streaky but two coats would give you full coverage. I actually like the quality of the nail polish and I will repurchase this again, if I ever run out which is unlikely. As for the color, it looks nice. On me, it reads as a muted lilac color, with a hint of gray. With a Seche Vite topcoat, it has lasted about three days with minimal chipping due to my constant cooking and cleaning, sans gloves. Totally work appropriate.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Onlyleica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I stay from pastel nail colors because I tend to think that it emphasizes the yellow in my skin, but when I found this on sale I had to. Much to my surprise, it looked really good. I'd never buy it again because I'm a nail polish whore, but I do recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by mame71430

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Originally I had purchased this color around Easter thinking it would be a great compliment to my Spring colors. Once I tried this polish on, I was surprised by its versatility. The lilac creme is extremely flattering year round. You can wear it with a variety of colors in your wardrobe - pinks, purples, blacks, grays, etc.

I rated this overall a 4/5 because I have yet to find a creme polish that isnt too thick. Perhaps there isn't such a formula for cremes, but this would probably get a 5/5 if it werent for the consistency.

Durability, flattering, and great finish. Will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by ml176

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this color more than Essie's Lilacism. Nice is Nice is more of a dusty purple-lilac. It is really flattering for the summer, and it looks good on my tanned hands. I feel like it is subtle enough to wear at work even.