July 23, 2014 | 1881 users online

Loose Powders - Laura Mercier - Invisible Loose Setting Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by cmhwi

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an initial review. The SA tried various powders on me, and this one looked the most natural on my skin. I'm over 50, so have to be careful what I use. It looks white in the canister, but on my fair NW20 skin it blends in well, thus the label "invisible." It seems to airbrush the look. This is a bit more matte than my Merle Norman loose mineral powder makeup. I am using my regular foundation brush now, but at some point I'd like to get a fan brush. The canister is nice, since there is a plastic covering on the inside which you can twist and control how much comes out and then it also won't get messy if traveling. $34 for the canister and I will weigh in later as I use it more often.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by babyslk7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I also got a sample of this from Sephora. In the first 2 or 3 times wearing it, I didn't really see the difference. But, I just tried it again, I almost finish the container anyway. I can see little bit effect, close my pores and gives a bit of natural luminosity. I will purchase the retail size once I finish my Kanebo Lunasol loose powder, which is double the price of Laura Mercier. I do think LM one is better than MUF version or similar to Mac prep prime powder. I do recommend a light handed application first with this powder. Do try this and check yourself outdoor during the day. Indoor lighting will makes makeup looks different. Overall, the finish is natural. My fav loose powder so far is Nars Eden. This one might be my new fav.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was given a sample of this at Sephora together with a sample of the new one by Smashbox (see separate review). This is in the same category as MUFE's HD silica powder. I didn't like this very much. Of the three I mentioned here, this is the one that feels the grittiest. Also, it's the most expensive of the three. I'll stick to my beloved MUFE HD, with the Smashbox a good second (especially because it's cheaper).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 9:12:00 AM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

This loose powder is called Universal, it has no color and appears white in the jar. I got this as a free sample with a fan brush from Sephora. I used it for the first time yesterday and was less than impressed with it. It practically did nothing and gave me a dull finish. Next time I will try applying with a puff instead of the brush it came with. I guess it would be useful for those with shiny areas after applying foundation. I like a more dewy look and this powder gave me the opposite look. My favorite loose powder is Armani's Micro fil - but the price is so prohibitive-So i thought this would be a bit more affordable-but the finish is not what I am looking for.