April 19, 2014 | 1513 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder in Translucent

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I was looking for a pressed version of my Guerlain Meteorites. This is not it. In fact, this product was too pink-toned to work well for me. It just seems to be alot of glitter, sparkle, and added too much pink to my foundation when used as a setting powder. For how much this costs, I don't want glitter face. No Thank you.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very fine (not chunky) highlighting powder that comes off a bit white/silvery and shimmery on my skin tone (NC 25). Great for giving an overall, not so obvious glow since there's no chunks of glitter. Packaging is adorable-hot pink container and highlighter is made of different colored hearts. Smells very perfumey. I wouldn't buy it again, since I prefer gold highlighters, as my skin has a strong yellow undertone.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by meonlymeli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got it pretty cheap at walmart in a kit with a happy booster blush so i decided i would give it a try. When I started using it, it became my HG pretty fast, but a couple of months later, i realised my face looked like a disco ball. Well...still a good highlight, but i wouldn't put it all over like before.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by cindylw

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a beautiful product and fun to use but I found for my skin it was too much sparkle. Kept trying to love it for me but finally passed it down to my niece. I found my old favorite Physician's Formula highlighter again and am happily using it instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

I have this in translucent. Pros:
+This makes a beautiful cheek and browbone highlight!
+Very glowy and shimmery but not at all glittery
+Smells good. Slightly floral scent, if you are sensitive to scents you might not like
+Very cute heart design and pink packaging

Cons:
-Price ($14 for a drugstore product) but I honestly think it is worth it, since it will last a long time and is still much cheaper than many highend highlighters
-The packaging is bulky and the brush is useless

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Xuxa13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love. Yes, it's a bit on the expensive side for a drugstore product, so wait for a sale and/or use a coupon. The packaging is bulky, Barbie-ish and the brush is garbage, but the good things are SO good that I don't care. I use a BE brush to buff it over my tinted moisturizer, and the finish is flawless and radiant in natural light. I swipe my brush over the little pink heart and swirl onto my apples for an extra pop of color. No, it's not going to give you amazing coverage (I don't think that's the intent of the product), but it will diffuse light so that your face has a "lit from within" look, which is exactly what I need at 35 with an infant! Also, it has a light floral scent which is unnecessary but a nice touch.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by zitpop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Perfect amount of shimmer, not 12 year old girl glitter although the packaging is so cute it looks like it :) I use it over my powder for a glowy look. It must be working because I've gotten many compliments on my skin, mostly from my boyfriend who says he likes "how I wear no makeup" hahaha little does he know...
The only con is the price and packaging. It's expensive for a d/s powder and it brush it comes with is awful. The case itself isn't very sturdy either.....overall though I would recommend it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by ilymed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Nice shimmer for spot highlighting but would not apply all over my face. I use this for a quick highlight when I don't have time to use my cream based highlighters. Seems a bit dry and fragile. Wouldn't consider it top of the line in quality and the lasting power isn't the best. It's just good enough for me to keep for the moment.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 3:47:00 AM More reviews by AyeJae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great highlighting powder and I'm not talking about shimmer and glitter. This gives off a nice satin finish absolutely perfect for that inner glow look. I gave it a 4 only because in my opinion when applied all over on medium to dark skin tones it can give off almost an ashy appearance so that's why I only apply it to specific spot like on the higher parts of my cheeks, t-zone, and high part of brows, sparingly of course. The result...lots of looks from people admiring your gorgeous glowing skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 8:46:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use a nice soft EL big fluffy brush to apply this when I am in a rush to finish my makeup or brighten myself mid day or after work before I run errands. It makes me look refreshed really fast. The compact goes in my makeup bag in my purse and I have not had issues with breakage of the product as of yet. It actually does seem to give me a boost, tho I usually do feel happier after I put my makeup on, :)
Update 8/10/12: This finally did crack after I wore out the middle, but the packaging did not leak powder everywhere.
I liked the way this gave me glow in winter but the tone is a bit too pink/white for me with the summer sun. I would be willing to try one in a different tone because I really l still liked the product overall. The shine is a bit much for the summer. I might buy another one come winter.