October 1, 2014 | 1693 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder in Translucent

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Cherity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like everything I've tried from the "Happy Booster" PF line. But, this one is great! It's has some *shimmer* in it. I wouldn't say that it is sparkly like some of the other reviews have stated. To me it's more of a 'healthy glow' product instead of a sparkly product. And truly, even if you are old and have some fine lines and/or wrinkles, you can still pull of some shimmer, girls! In fact, paired with the right foundation a shimmer product like this one can even make you look a bit younger. Overall a great product from a great brand! I <3 Physicians Formula!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has been an amazing highlighting powder for me. For reference I have 30yr old, very fair and neutral undertoned skin that leans ever so slightly warm. I'm also very prone to clogged pores and have large/visible pores. If I wore MAC I'd currently wear N10 but can pull off NC15 at my darkest. I also have med-brown hair & eyes.

I'm typically a liquid highlighter kind of gal. Products like Benefit HighBeam, ELF Lilac Petal Facial Whip, Hard Candy Glow All The Way in Doll Face, & Rimmel Wake Me Up Liquid Luminizer/shade001 are my "go-to fool-proof highlighters". For whatever reason, all of the powder highlighters I try seem to give me a "sheen" rather than a "glow" and that sheen isn't flattering on my personal skin type/tone and in some cases will enhance my already visible pores which is simply not flattering no matter what. So I completely quit looking in the direction of powder highlighters for quite some time until recently I wanted something to be able to quickly dust on in a pinch on days I'm not wearing other makeup(foundation) and get a "glowing from within" kind of look. Being a stay at home mom of two, I don't need to(or have the time!) to do up a full face of makeup daily, but I still like to try to look my best at the same time. After reading raves regarding this Happy Booster Translucent Powder I figured I'd give it a go and am so glad that I did!
Obviously the brush that is included with this (&with ALL the Happy Booster products) is not the ideal brush for application. I don't even know if it would work in a pinch as it's very scratchy & doesn't pick up the right amount of product to apply. I'm currently rotating around a few different brushes with this but am finding my results are similar with all three.. (which are ELF $3 Studio Mini Kabuki, ELF $1 Professional Total Face Brush, & WalMart's "HD Powder Brush", for reference). On average days, I'll just take one of those large/fluffy brushes, swirl it around on the powder, then dust it all over my face, focusing on my mid forehead, down the middle of my nose, upper cheekbones, &cupids bow. I also(more recently)started trying to pick up individual shades (the "hearts" contain different colors) -with a small-med size concealer or eyeshadow blending brush. The "hearts" in this compact are all large enough that with a concealer/eyeshadow type brush I can dip in and get any of the particular shades that I want on their own. (&Have been also doing this w/the "Light Bronzer"Happy Booster)
My Translucent Happy Booster contains one large white heart, one small pink heart, one medium toned peach heart, and also a couple of bronzey colored hearts that are scattered around. They're all on a baby pink shade background.(Where there are gaps/spaces in between the hearts, that's where the baby pink background is)
I have to say, the packaging is a tad on the bulky side and the included brush is pathetic.. But other than those minor issues I LOVE the pink packaging/compact along with the different heart shapes shades! My Happy Boosters are definitely some of the prettiest cosmetics that I own! (I also have the Light Bronzer and Happy Booster Blushes in Pink, Warm, & Natural which I hope to write individual reviews for soon!)
I also have slightly acne-prone but very clog-prone skin and was kind of concerned that this could break me out if I dusted it all over my face, specifically over the areas that are most prone to congestion (I don't typically have any issues on the areas of my cheeks where blush goes, so I've never experienced breakouts from any of my Happy Booster blushes, but doing a "dusting" all over my face with this did concern me..) But THANKFULLY I've experienced zero skin issues from the Translucent Pressed Powder and it's been about 2 months of continuous use now(Yay!)
Overall, I wouldn't even hesitate to repurchase.
I paid right around $11 USD for it at my local WalMart, it runs around $13-14 at other drugstores in my area, but quite often CVS and RiteAid stores have really great sales on Physicians Formula products, so it's easy to find them for less than that if you keep your eyes peeled :)
Definitely 5 lippie worthy!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Rapt1m3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This compact surprised me by actually showing off my skin. I'm pale, and very pink, with oily skin. Discoloration seems to be diffused, and I look like I have a healthy inner glow.

Yes, I am covered in sparkles like a 10 year old girl. Since I only use this in the evening, the sparkle is fine by me.

I usually only use pressed powder to quickly freshen up before after- work drinks, so I was disappointed by how bulky and indiscreet this compact is. I keep my makeup in the same bag as my tools, so it's a huge minus that the brush compartment has all those weird holes that will let dust/dirt in. : (

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2012 7:03:00 AM More reviews by PetaDeLa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It is a beautiful product, as others have mentioned just a little too much sparkle unfortunately.

I do use it occasionally, but just as a highlighter above my blush on my cheeks.

Smells fantastic, and stays on really well. It really is a shame it has so much shine. I am trying to find ways to use it, like on my brow bone and even as a body powder. Just not so much on my face.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I was looking for a pressed version of my Guerlain Meteorites. This is not it. In fact, this product was too pink-toned to work well for me. It just seems to be alot of glitter, sparkle, and added too much pink to my foundation when used as a setting powder. For how much this costs, I don't want glitter face. No Thank you.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very fine (not chunky) highlighting powder that comes off a bit white/silvery and shimmery on my skin tone (NC 25). Great for giving an overall, not so obvious glow since there's no chunks of glitter. Packaging is adorable-hot pink container and highlighter is made of different colored hearts. Smells very perfumey. I wouldn't buy it again, since I prefer gold highlighters, as my skin has a strong yellow undertone.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by meonlymeli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got it pretty cheap at walmart in a kit with a happy booster blush so i decided i would give it a try. When I started using it, it became my HG pretty fast, but a couple of months later, i realised my face looked like a disco ball. Well...still a good highlight, but i wouldn't put it all over like before.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by cindylw

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a beautiful product and fun to use but I found for my skin it was too much sparkle. Kept trying to love it for me but finally passed it down to my niece. I found my old favorite Physician's Formula highlighter again and am happily using it instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

I have this in translucent. Pros:
+This makes a beautiful cheek and browbone highlight!
+Very glowy and shimmery but not at all glittery
+Smells good. Slightly floral scent, if you are sensitive to scents you might not like
+Very cute heart design and pink packaging

Cons:
-Price ($14 for a drugstore product) but I honestly think it is worth it, since it will last a long time and is still much cheaper than many highend highlighters
-The packaging is bulky and the brush is useless

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Xuxa13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love. Yes, it's a bit on the expensive side for a drugstore product, so wait for a sale and/or use a coupon. The packaging is bulky, Barbie-ish and the brush is garbage, but the good things are SO good that I don't care. I use a BE brush to buff it over my tinted moisturizer, and the finish is flawless and radiant in natural light. I swipe my brush over the little pink heart and swirl onto my apples for an extra pop of color. No, it's not going to give you amazing coverage (I don't think that's the intent of the product), but it will diffuse light so that your face has a "lit from within" look, which is exactly what I need at 35 with an infant! Also, it has a light floral scent which is unnecessary but a nice touch.