Revlon Peony Colorburst Lipgloss 008

on 3/10/2013 4:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I got this lipgloss because Lisa Eldridge used it in one of her videos and it's decent for a soft, everyday lip look.
The staying power isn't that great but that's to be expected given the sheer texture.
I use it over a lipliner for extra staying power.

A good lip gloss at a reasonable price.

on 2/11/2013 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a great lipgloss.. At least its better than the NYX lipgloss i used before.. It blended great with my lips and has a soft red-pink-peach color with the gold shimmer.. The applicator made it easier..
Unfortunately the color not longlasting..probably around 2-3hour.. But overall, Great !!

on 2/8/2013 9:01:00 PM

Peony is a beautiful, natural warm pink with gold shimmer. It layers well over lipstick, but is subtly pretty on it's own. Like others have stated, this lip gloss is sheer, but I prefer sheer formulas, and I find that this is pigmented enough to add a rosy warmth to lips. It's also very comfortable on the lips - not sticky at all unless your lips are very dry (which mine sometimes are).

on 2/4/2013 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this by mistake because I thought I had chosen a Super Lustrous one. My bad as everyone seems to love the SL formula and I really wanted to try it in a light-ish-go with everything color like this. I still have not tried the SL glosses but am not impressed by this. I only wear gloss so by now know what works for me, this doesn't.

Here's why, its not pigmented even for a light shade. Not so great lasting power due to being of thinner consistency. Just average and I expect a little more from the brand. Its fine if you like a not too thick gloss, but while not terrible its simply a mediocre product to me.

on 2/3/2013 4:38:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I would probably give this a 4.5 if I could. It is so hard finding good neutral pinks for my extremely pale skin, and this is a winner! It's a beautiful, glossy medium pink that would look so pretty on fair and warm skin tones. (I think I'm a mix of both?)
Overall Pros:
-beautiful, natural pink
-makes my lips look plumper!
-not too shimmery

Overall Cons:
-staying power is good, better than a lot of lip glosses, but not great. I'd say it lasts 3-4 hours on me with no eating and minimal drinking
-i'm not really a fan of the applicator it comes with- it doesn't seem to pick up a lot of product

I would definitely buy this product again and would recommend it for all skin tones. Just a perfect, pretty, natural everyday lipgloss!

on 1/12/2013 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love this stuff. It has great packaging like Chanel Lipgloss except i didn't own any. The color look great. It might be pricey ($6.49). But it worth it and it come a lot of lip gloss in a big tube!

on 11/13/2012 10:53:00 PM

This is a beautiful Nars 'orgasm' like shade. I was so excited to try this shade as well but I'm so very disappointed it is sooo, so sheer. On my very pigmented lips, it's like a barely opaque gloss and very transparent like a clear gloss.

The texture, smell and packaging is all very nice just not the color pay off. it's good that I got this on sale.

on 11/11/2012 10:58:00 PM

Love the color, texture, packaging.

on 9/30/2012 4:32:00 PM

this is medium peachy pink with golden shimmer that is not too obvious. Its fairly pigmented but unfortunately, my lips are pigmented too so on my lips its just looks clear. I usually wear it over lipstick because on its own its just not noticable at all. Its a decent product though-not sticky and very moisturizing
This is simular to Orgasm by Nars although I think Peony is just a bit darker. If u don't want to shell out money for Nars, this is a good alternative

on 9/29/2012 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Revlon Colorburst lipgloss in Peopny has definitely made my top 5 glosses of all time list. My lips are ridiculously pigmented, and this lipgloss has just enough color to make my lips a perfect shade of peachy coral. I love wearing this during the day, its very moisturizing (though doesnt help much if your lips are flaky), and not extremely sticky. I have a daily makeup bag and a little lip product bag, and I use this so much I had to put it in my daily makeup bag! I hiiigggghhhly reccommend this, even if your lips are super pigmented and you feel like nothing shows up. And it doesnt hurt that this is under $10!

Popular Lip Glosses