September 21, 2014 | 2039 users online

Powder - The All Natural Face mineral foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by IheartCHA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Edit: 01.18.2014
I have no idea if they are updating their site, but shopping on there at the moment is frustrating. Some of their foundation color swatches are of random people wearing them -- no picture of the actual foundation included! Really?! How is someone supposed to accurately discern a foundation's color that way?! Wouldn't mind if I could order a sample baggy -- but nope. I'd have to pay $4 for a bundle of them now. It's odd. If I could rate the store, I'd take off some lippies. Still great products, but she needs a web designer. Highly annoyed!
__

I stumbled upon this company on an accident. I used another affordable, mineral cosmetics company online, but with their increased fame, they started taking shortcuts. They changed the formula of my foundation, then slowly stopped making my shade all together. [Sadness.]

I've been on the hunt for a foundation that SOMEWHAT matched my pale, neutral/yellow skin. They have a pretty good foundation range (even though their site is super confusing atm) I ordered about 5-6 foundation shades I thought could match, and they sent me an equal amount of different ones "in my range" for free. Not only did I find my shade, but if I happen to tan over the summer or get paler during the winter, they have light, medium and dark levels in your particular shade. They are not greedy at all when it comes to samples. Finding my shade was so easy! -- They even throw in samples of other products as a gift. Just because. :)

Though their range is pretty good, I'm in between the light and medium shades for most of the year, and have to mix to get my color. It's inconvenient at times, but the foundation is great and super affordable.

I've tried a lot of mineral foundations, and this has excellent coverage. I can get full coverage with a good, dense kabuki (like the Eco Tools Bronzing Dome Brush). I find that I don't even need to use a concealer! It feels silky and lightweight. I would describe it as Semi-Matte. It wears pretty good. I think I wore mine for nearly 8 hours. When it does fade, it does so evenly. Most mineral foundations have about the same wear for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2012 3:21:00 AM More reviews by slitherydee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used this product for maybe 4 years now. I have dry, pale and sensitive skin.

Pros:
- Applies quickly and easily
- Variable coverage which looks good either light or if you apply more you can get almost full coverage before it looks cakey.
- Lots of shades, and easy to mix your own.
- Dewy finish is easy to get.
- Inexpensive.
- Non-irritating: one of the better mineral makeups that doesn't use bismuth for shimmer.

Cons:
- Settles into lines under eyes and will collect in flaky skin, bad for concealing under-eye circles.
- Lasts a decently long time but it WILL migrate, especially if you sweat.
- Dry. It sucks the moisture right out of other concealers and makes the pigment contract so you get a cracked or speckled effect sometimes.

Conclusion:

I like this makeup because it is so convenient and has the coverage I want. It applies SO fast and easy, over all of my face except for under the eyes. That's probably where 50% of my time is spent when doing my foundation because of all the blending I have to do to get it to play nice with the Dermablend I apply to cover up dark circles.

I have noticed that when this foundation is wet it appears lighter and more opaque, but when dry is more translucent. That's something to watch out for because if you apply this on a wet concealer, you will get more coverage initially only to have less later when it dries.

If you want a dewy finish you can put a few drops of jojoba oil on a paper towel and pat your finished face lightly with it. It looks very nice, but you will lose some longevity. Avoid oil in laugh lines and under eye area or it will move into the creases.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by cherylt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Another winner from The All Natural Face! I've been a Lancome Teint Idole user for years...despite the prohibitive price ($42.50 an ounce!), no other I've tried has lasted so well without creasing, settling or fading off...I don't do touch ups. TANF started as an Etsy business, but the owner (Crystal) opened a store & I feel so lucky it's just down the street from me! She ran a Groupon recently so I've tried a few things, so far really impressed.

She seems to be known for her foundation: she uses very good quality ingredients with almost limitless color choices...in fact, she matched me in the store and then sent me home with a handful of samples so I could test-drive the colors. It turned out I was between shades so she custom blended me a very generous sample to take: she didn't want me to buy until I was 100% happy.
This foundation is VERY good: I've always been a liquid user, but her powders are very light, silky-oft and feel like air. I haven't needed to touch up & I've been getting compliments on my skin lately (this and her Midas concealer have been the only changes). I buff this on lightly with my Ecotools kabuki and mist with a bit of setting spray: long-lasting and very natural looking, I'm still learning to use powder foundation & find that over-applying can make it settle into fine lines, so I've been using a light hand. The coverage is good, not sheer but definitely not masky. So far I'm very happy with it, and I'm glad there's such a color range as my tone tends to change (despite all the sunscreen I wear, really!). I'm trying a few other things from TANF and will be reviewing oon, but feeling like this company has a lot to offer: good-for-you cosmetics and skincare that WORK!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2011 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Ketol

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have bought sample kits in the blushes and the foundations. They have my exact match in the olive shades, the finish is fantastic, goes on very nicely, lasts forever and ever and gives GREAT coverage- but not at all heavy or cakey. This is my new fav. foundation of the moment lol. I've already placed a full sized order of a blush, too :) The samples you get with your order are awesome too!
FYI: The website SUCKS. It looks childish and it's just horrendous, please don't let that sway you from the wonderful products!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 5:25:00 AM More reviews by Rosebud77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a brilliant foundation! It has by far some of the best staying power of any of the VERY many mineral foundations I have ever tried. It gives really good cover but without looking or feeling heavy or unnatural. The range of shades is great too & it's cheap with many options for amount of product to order (with or without jar).
This is a great foundation for those of you who like me make Casper the friendly ghost look tanned ;) there are loads of very pale/fair shades to try

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 12:06:00 AM More reviews by fihe

I heard about this brand on a mineral makeup forum. of course I had to try their foundation. I found my shade in their extensive sample kit (which I will review separately) and I use the color Porcelain Kissed by Honey (equivalent to an NC15 or so). I really like the formula of this makeup because it feels light on my skin yet provides good coverage without me having to use a lot. the company also gives you the option to get a jar or a bag of foundation, which I think is nice for those who want to save money on packaging as well as being eco-friendly.