The All Natural Face mineral foundation

4.4

Mica, Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide(sunscreens), Boron Nitride(mineral), Oxides(for color)

I have tried many mineral powders in the past (glo Mionerals, Bare Minerals, Everyday Minerals, Faierie Organics, pur Minerals, Laura Mercier mineral foundation....you name it) They all either didnt match me perfectly, would start to look cakey throughout the day and settle into lines, be too drying, or I even had one that would match in the morning...and look orange in spots as the day went on, which was just awful. Because of all these failures I started researching more natural make ups and stumbled upon The All Natural Face. I contacted them for a color recommendation and they sent me samples free of charge in every shade. I was so grateful and when I got my samples I did test patches and had my husband choose the best match. This mineral makeup is amazing! It has the perfect finish, the BEST color match I have ever found for my skin tone and the best coverage i have found (it covers some old acne scars VERY well)! I also ordered the under eye concealer (Midas) which I was concerned would look chalky under the eyes but goes on velvety smooth-just remember less is more. If you use too much it wont look right. I ordered everything from brow color to eyeliner (Diva stix-AWESOME!) to concealers, etc. I love every item but ESPECIALLY the mineral makeup. I cant live without it and i cannot thank this company enough for making such quality products!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Edit: 01.18.2014
I have no idea if they are updating their site, but shopping on there at the moment is frustrating. Some of their foundation color swatches are of random people wearing them -- no picture of the actual foundation included! Really?! How is someone supposed to accurately discern a foundation's color that way?! Wouldn't mind if I could order a sample baggy -- but nope. I'd have to pay $4 for a bundle of them now. It's odd. If I could rate the store, I'd take off some lippies. Still great products, but she needs a web designer. Highly annoyed!
__

I stumbled upon this company on an accident. I used another affordable, mineral cosmetics company online, but with their increased fame, they started taking shortcuts. They changed the formula of my foundation, then slowly stopped making my shade all together. [Sadness.]

I've been on the hunt for a foundation that SOMEWHAT matched my pale, neutral/yellow skin. They have a pretty good foundation range (even though their site is super confusing atm) I ordered about 5-6 foundation shades I thought could match, and they sent me an equal amount of different ones "in my range" for free. Not only did I find my shade, but if I happen to tan over the summer or get paler during the winter, they have light, medium and dark levels in your particular shade. They are not greedy at all when it comes to samples. Finding my shade was so easy! -- They even throw in samples of other products as a gift. Just because. :)

Though their range is pretty good, I'm in between the light and medium shades for most of the year, and have to mix to get my color. It's inconvenient at times, but the foundation is great and super affordable.

I've tried a lot of mineral foundations, and this has excellent coverage. I can get full coverage with a good, dense kabuki (like the Eco Tools Bronzing Dome Brush). I find that I don't even need to use a concealer! It feels silky and lightweight. I would describe it as Semi-Matte. It wears pretty good. I think I wore mine for nearly 8 hours. When it does fade, it does so evenly. Most mineral foundations have about the same wear for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Updated Dec 2015. I have used this product for maybe (WTH) 7 years now(?!) I have dry, pale and sensitive skin.

Pros:
- Very good for sensitive skin. I have psoriasis and many sensitivities that give me hives. This is hands down the only product that has never caused a reaction.
- Doesn't use bismuth, paraben, or have any scent.
- Applies quickly and easily.
- Variable coverage from med to almost full before getting cake-y.
- Lots of shades, and easy to mix your own.
- Dewy finish is easy to get with the right co-products.
- Inexpensive.

Cons:
- Lasts a decently long time but it will migrate, especially if you sweat.
- Dry. It sucks the moisture right out of other concealers and makes the pigment contract so you get a cracked or speckled effect sometimes.
- Can emphasize flaky skin.

I've used this makeup so long I feel like I've lived my whole life in it and I go through phases where I fall in and out of love with it, but we never break up. That's why I felt like my old review wasn't giving this product enough credit. This is the only foundation I've used for nearly a decade and I have never considered changing it because it has done so much for my skin. As someone with psoriasis and many nebulous product allergies, when my skin is at its worst it's like go-see-a-doctor bad. That's what led me to switch over to mineral makeup. I figured the fewer ingredients the better. This makeup is definitely the most inert stuff I've ever used which has allowed my skin to heal and approach some kind of normalcy.

Aside from the quick pros and cons list, I wanted to talk a little bit about wear and application. This needs a primer unless you only need light coverage and don't care about fading. I like medium to full, and so I use it with a primer and concealer. This foundation can be tricky to mix with other products because it is so dry. It just doesn't play nicely with a lot of them and can look patchy, dry, or otherwise horrifying if you're not willing to find the right ones.

For myself, I tolerate the Pop Beauty Face Magnet Primer. There are probably better primers out there but I'm afraid to switch at this point. I still get a little shiny at the end of the day. As for concealer, Kat Von D's Lock It Tattoo Foundation is magical with this. I know, it's a foundation, but it's very opaque and loves this powder. It is the only "wet" product I've found that does not speckle/separate or lose opacity when this very dry powder goes over it. It's amazing.

In conclusion, I still love it and highly recommend it to anyone who has very sensitive skin.

Another winner from The All Natural Face! I've been a Lancome Teint Idole user for years...despite the prohibitive price ($42.50 an ounce!), no other I've tried has lasted so well without creasing, settling or fading off...I don't do touch ups. TANF started as an Etsy business, but the owner (Crystal) opened a store & I feel so lucky it's just down the street from me! She ran a Groupon recently so I've tried a few things, so far really impressed.

She seems to be known for her foundation: she uses very good quality ingredients with almost limitless color choices...in fact, she matched me in the store and then sent me home with a handful of samples so I could test-drive the colors. It turned out I was between shades so she custom blended me a very generous sample to take: she didn't want me to buy until I was 100% happy.
This foundation is VERY good: I've always been a liquid user, but her powders are very light, silky-oft and feel like air. I haven't needed to touch up & I've been getting compliments on my skin lately (this and her Midas concealer have been the only changes). I buff this on lightly with my Ecotools kabuki and mist with a bit of setting spray: long-lasting and very natural looking, I'm still learning to use powder foundation & find that over-applying can make it settle into fine lines, so I've been using a light hand. The coverage is good, not sheer but definitely not masky. So far I'm very happy with it, and I'm glad there's such a color range as my tone tends to change (despite all the sunscreen I wear, really!). I'm trying a few other things from TANF and will be reviewing oon, but feeling like this company has a lot to offer: good-for-you cosmetics and skincare that WORK!

I have bought sample kits in the blushes and the foundations. They have my exact match in the olive shades, the finish is fantastic, goes on very nicely, lasts forever and ever and gives GREAT coverage- but not at all heavy or cakey. This is my new fav. foundation of the moment lol. I've already placed a full sized order of a blush, too :) The samples you get with your order are awesome too!
FYI: The website SUCKS. It looks childish and it's just horrendous, please don't let that sway you from the wonderful products!

This is a brilliant foundation! It has by far some of the best staying power of any of the VERY many mineral foundations I have ever tried. It gives really good cover but without looking or feeling heavy or unnatural. The range of shades is great too & it's cheap with many options for amount of product to order (with or without jar).
This is a great foundation for those of you who like me make Casper the friendly ghost look tanned ;) there are loads of very pale/fair shades to try

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I heard about this brand on a mineral makeup forum. Of course I had to try their foundation. I found my shade in their extensive sample kit (which I will review separately) and I use the color Porcelain Kissed by Honey (equivalent to an NC15 or so, maybe even NC10). I really like the formula of this makeup because it feels light on my skin yet provides good coverage without me having to use a lot. The company also gives you the option to get a jar or a bag of foundation, which I think is nice for those who want to save money on packaging as well as being eco-friendly.