July 25, 2014 | 1045 users online

Skincare - Face - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

This is so cheap & effective for cleaning make up brushes! I will definitely continue to buy for that purpose.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by YCH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Well, thank-you Murais and others for your reviews. I too have millia (and a dry-eye condition) so, as I had some baby shampoo I use for washing my make-up brushes, so I tried it (somewhat nervously) on my face and I must say I can definitely see an improvement in my skin. Whilst I do use some creamy make-up removers and do like them I suspect they may also block my pores, so I will definitely be using this some if not all of the time in future.
I have also tried this with the Boots dupe of the Clarisonic and was surprised to see how much extra dirt and make-up it removed that I thought I'd already washed off.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Hautemommy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use 3 different mascaras on my eyes - Lancome Hypnose Drama and Chanel Le Volume at the top, and at the bottom Dior Diorshow New Look. I tried cheap drugstore removers (which never really worked) and then a friend switched me on to Lancome Bi-Facil (which worked better than anything else I had tried, but required a LOT of work to not tear my lashes out and get the mascara off). Still, I always looked like a raccoon...

I saw the miracle this baby shampoo was doing on my make up brushes (dirt that no other brush cleaner was getting out) and I wanted to try it on my lashes. Just putting a pea size on each eye did it. There was a two second sting but I know that Diorshow stings when I tear up at all, so I don't attribute it to J&J baby shampoo and it's not going to stop me from using either product again.

I don't know about using it as a regular cleanser - just haven't tried it. But I LOVE it as a brush cleaner and eye-makeup remover, especially the amount I get for $4. Like another reviewer said, if you are hesitant you can always try the travel size for $1.50!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Murais

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh, J&J, I must sing your praises for...wait for it...milia removal! Yes, indeedy, and I thank the several ladies on the skin care board who recently mentioned this. I had a fairly decent sized milia bump on my upper eyelid near the eyebrow for what had been at least 5 years, maybe 10. It seemed like forever, that's for sure. Being one of the working uninsured, I refrain from drs/derms unless a body part goes awol. Certainly not for something as mundane as milia, however annoying they can be. In years past I've often tried poking it with a needle, AHA, BHA, and whatever other helpful hints I've read about online for home removal. And nothing worked because it was too big and had been there too long. The nasty bugger just sat there and glared, mocking me and my futile efforts, despite my having successfully vanquished other, smaller milia, mostly with the dramatic (and theoretically dangerous) needle method, in the past.

Fast forward to a little more than a month ago-6 weeks tops- when I read about baby shampoo for milia. After some further online research, and figuring I had nothing to lose, I plucked out $4.00 for a bottle and began washing around my eyes every night and morning with J&J baby shampoo after my regular face cleansing. For a few weeks I thought I was just indulging in wishful thinking when it appeared that monster one on my brow was getting smaller. Just last week, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me as it continued to diminish. But just earlier today I got out of the shower, looked in the mirror and saw a disgusting, but oddly beautiful sight. The monster's milia seeds (yes, multiple-ewww) were almost just sitting there right below the skin surface. All I had to do was lightly squeeze them, and they popped out. A triumphantly happy flashback to my pimple popping teenage years! I've stopped at every mirror in my house this past hour just to exclaim 'holy cow, it's gone!' After at least half a decade living with it, fellow sufferers can surely appreciate my joy?

Obviously YMMV, but In any event, yes, this victorious milia crusader gives very grateful kudos to baby shampoo, and a bottle of J&J will from now on hold grail-like pride of place in my shower. Unfrigging believable! And, by the way, my sensitive skin doesn't mind baby shampoo either.

23 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 9:04:00 PM More reviews by apalazon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this as a shampoo, as a facial cleanser and as a makeup brush cleanser and i would say it pretty much works! i love the fact that it is gentle and it has a nice smell. I would definitely recommend it although i have to say with a very small amount of product will do if you are going to use it as a facial cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2012 6:21:00 AM More reviews by Amie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

really good as a brush cleaner, it is an absolute no no for my skin though, massive allergic rash, also happened to my children when they were babies so we are just too sensistive to use it.

it does remove the stubborn long wear makeup from my brushes though and doesnt leave a residue and its inexpensive, so for that reason i would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by lizmike98

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this as a facial cleanser! I have been using this as a facial cleanser since my son was a toddler, about 6 years. I ran out of my regular face cleanser in the shower and decided to use the baby shampoo...if it's gentle enough for baby skin, it should be gentle enough for my face. Well, it worked! I started using it at night to remove makeup and after a while couldn't believe how nicely my skin looked...and totally cleared up any little trouble spots that I had. I live in a dry state and I just turned 46 and I get compliments all the time about how nice my skin looks...I don't look 46. People ask what I use and can't believe that I use baby shampoo. I would without hesitation recommend this as a facial cleanser!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 5:02:00 AM More reviews by godudicas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

As someone else mentioned below, I use this to clean my make up brushes and it's amazing for that purpose. Its gentle and leaves them soft and thoroughly cleaned :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by CordulaM

This shampoo is amazing for people who get styes. It heals them up without irritation (at least most people, some have said they do get irritated near the eye. It also takes makeup off like a pro. Some days when I forget my cleanser and I'm in the shower, I just use this. It can be drying so I wouldn't use it every day. Also, thanks for the brush cleaning tip!!! :D

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2012 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Jamieflan1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo primarily to clean the bristles of my makeup brushes. It works very well and is gentle enough not to damage the brush. Highly recommend for this feature alone