October 1, 2014 | 1672 users online

Mascara - Laura Mercier - Full Blown Volume Lash Building Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 4:40:00 AM More reviews by miaaaaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really pleased with this mascara. It adds definition, separation, and moderate volume & length with minimal clumps. The formula is a great consistency, it's not too thick or too thin.
It also passed my "yawn test". It does not run at all even when my eyes tear up! After wearing it for many hours, you may see a couple small flakes, but nothing really noticeable. It removes easily with soap and water.
I think the name is rather misleading because the volume is on the subtle side and not very dramatic. Personally I dislike the heavily painted eyelash look, so I was very happy with the results this mascara gave me.
I used to wear Clinique Naturally Glossy mascara but was looking for something a bit more noticeable, and this was the perfect replacement!
Hopefully the tube won't dry out prematurely since it was fairly pricey at $24.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by AmandaHW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was a real sleeper hit for me. I don't buy a lot of Laura Mercier. I love her mineral foundation but that's about it. I got a sample of this from sephora and I cannot believe how wonderfully it held up. My wimpy lashes were volumized without being clumpy, the tube took a long time to dry out and it consistently worked really well for me. This is very unusual for me and this is one of my favorites. I ended up buying the full size and had the same experience. I am surprised that this mascara isn't more talked about, it is really good.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by sw33t_lil_em

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to be honest, I am NOT a fan of Laura Mercier products at all. Her products just don't work well on my skin. Anyway, I've been searching for that perfect mascara for years because nothing has ever worked nor impressed me much. So when I saw the rave reviews on here, I was pretty reluctant to try it at first. However, I decided to give it a shot, and I am so glad that I did! Gosh, putting this mascara on feels like total luxury. I love the formula because it glides onto your lashes so effortlessly. There was no tugging whatsoever! The brush is also short, which I liked because it doesn't get so messy. With bigger brushes, I usually have to wipe off the excess mascara on top of my eyelids. With this, I didn't have a problem at all! This mascara does it all - it lengthens, separates out the lashes, and holds the curls all very well. It also volumizes well without clumping, however, it's not the most volumnizing that I ever had. I mean, it doesn't volumize any better than my Dior DiorShow or Lancome Hypnose, but it's a really great mascara all around and it is perfect to wear on a daily basis. I completely love it!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Kittea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I went through 2 samples of this, and I am dying to pick up a full size one a.s.a.p. It gives me so much length and volume, even more than Lancome Hypnose. It is not clumpy, smudgy, or flaky on me, and it is definitely my new favorite mascara. It's also a /few/ bucks cheaper than Hypnose, so yay. :P

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Setiva123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was surprised I liked this so much. It actually makes me look like I have eyelashes! I have tried them all drugstore and expensive high-end and I am addicted to Wet N Wild's Mega Wink. This mascara is better I must admit, but loses one lippie because the WNW is only $3.
It gave me length, volume and definition without being clumpy. Great product, will splurge when finds allow and buy when I run out of WNW.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by tabloid

I wish I could give this mascara five lippies, because it's great except for one thing - it smudges. No matter what I do, by mid-afternoon I`ve got black smudges on my lower eyelids. It`s really a pity, because this mascara gives me lots of volume and length.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by nick18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So this product gave a very nice natural look to my lashes but didnt give them much thickness gave some length, but to get to where i wanted my lashes to be took forever to build. I like bold eyelashes and this is not a mascara for that a very good everyday one I guess but wont be buying it again

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by dearlynars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great mascara. Negative reviewers may of been too quick to judge as at first I thought it was a bit clumpy but after 5 or so uses it was giving me amazing lashes with all the qualities a good mascara should supply. I got it online because Australia this mascara retails $60 (crazy) so $23 from America is a bargain and pretty much the equilivant of buying a drugstore brand mascara in Australia.

Im confident now I have found a mascara i will rebuy.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 4:41:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

I will probably always be trying out mascaras but this one I am really happy with, it's the best I have found so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by kittytokaren

Wow. I got the mascara sampler set from Sephora ages ago and this one has been sitting around for the longest time because I wasn't expecting much of anything from it and wanted to work my way through the others. Boy. It's something special. Let's cut to the chase so you know why you need this (if you can afford the price tag, which, let's admit it now, is a little steep)

What I love:
1) NO. CLUMPS.
2) Seriously. No clumps. At all. I mean, it almost looks as though my lashes are completely au naturel, except for the fact that I'm Asian and there is no way my lashes could naturally look that good. It coats every single one of my lashes individually, leaving the most lovely separated and clump-less lashes I've ever experienced.
3) Great volume. Volume and no clumps seem like mutually exclusive ideas. Apparently, this mascara defies logic. I wiggle the wand a little at the base of my lashes and then pull through to the ends (like I would for any mascara) and the base looks gorgeously thick and dense while the ends look naturally tapered, almost feathery.
4) Lengthening. This makes my lashes look super long. Like fake long. But I have no idea how because the tips of my lashes look like real lashes, not the extension of mascara coming off my lashes.
5) Holds curl. As I have mentioned, I'm Asian and I have really unfortunate eyelashes and of all the issues that I have with my lashes, their stubborn straightness might be the most irritating. So when I say this really holds curl, I mean it. It holds all day, and it's not waterproof or water resistant or hard to take off. Hallelujah. (It does droop my lashes a little when I apply it, but I curl them again after it dries and it's perfect)
6) It's really black. 'Nuff said.

The only con really is the price. Which is quite lofty if I say so myself. But I think it's worth it seeing as I haven't been this pleased by a mascara in a long time. But keep in mind that a few drugstore mascaras aren't sooooo far behind.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No