August 2, 2014 | 976 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by DanicaMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have used this brush for 5 days now and it has really helped the texture and look of my skin. This is the first brush I've ever used and i was actually looking at the Clarisonic before i even knew this one existed. Much like others, the price of the Clarisonic is what was holding me back from just buying it so I'm glad I found this one when I did. From all the reviews I've read, the Clarisonic still seems to come out a bit a head of this Olay one, but at the very least I think this is the perfect entry level facial brush. I'm in love! It's small, water proof, the brush head is soft yet effective, and I haven't "purged" from this brush yet (fingers crossed) as I've read that's a problem with the Clarisonic because it cleans so deeply. The thing I really like about this is even after I've taken my makeup off with a makeup wipe and used this Olay brush, you can really see how much crap is still on your face after you think you've removed it. The brush ends up still having makeup on it so I know this works and that's very comforting. The only thing I will say against it is your best bet is to put your cleanser on your face yourself first and then use the brush. I tried putting it directly on the brush but it made almost no lather at all and my cleanser is a foaming one. In my opinion that's not really a big deal though. My skin feels so soft after I use this brush, I just love it! And for $34 compared to 200, you can't go wrong!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Embry1029

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Oops! I meant to write a review for Clarisonic!! I have not used this product, but I do plan to in the future and I'll come back and update.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by OhAlejandra

Love This!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by LIPGLOSSADDICT1025

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing tool- I've used it about five times, and my skin looks a lot better. I use Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Acne Wash along with it, an I swear these two products were a couple made for each other. They work together to make my skin feel smooth and soft with my horrid acne slowly diminishing. The brush works wonders and is much more effective than using your hands to wash your face. It feels amazing to have this brush scrub your face. It's a funny tingling sensation :)
5 lippies no doubt. Don't go for the Clarisonic, use this tool instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 7:41:00 PM More reviews by LizzyBerry

I adore this brush! I couldn't afford a $200 Clarisonic Mia (and also can't justify spending that much on a spinning brush) and also read loads of reviews where people said it was harsh on their face and made them purge for a month or two before they adjusted to it. I didn't feel like I needed something that heavy duty anyway. I also love how small this brush is, it seems super easy for traveling and doesn't have a charger base like the Clarisonic does either - that just seems like a lot to travel with. The only complaint I have about this is I wish there was a cover for the brush head. I don't really know how to store it. Without a brush cover I'm kind of paranoid about bacteria growing in the bristles. So before I use it, I run it under scalding hot water for about 30 sec. and also rinse some hydrogen peroxide on it. I heard that's better to use on this and the Clarisonics compared to soaking in alcohol. It's more gentle and also keeps the bristles white.

So far I've had this about 3 weeks and love it. After 3 months I'll update too. I think it's just gentle enough to not cause a purge or be irritating to the skin, but also effective enough to actually work. Right now my skin is horrible because I just finished purging from tretinoin so I don't blame this brush one bit. In fact my skin looked and felt better once I incorporated this into my routine. I'd say 70% of all my blackheads were gone after a week of use! It's amazing how cleansing it is. I like to use it every other night either with Cetaphil or Ain't Misbehaving AHA cleanser. It really kicks your cleanser up a notch because it can get deeper into your skin.

I don't use the little cleanser it came with though. My skin is so temperamental and its taken me forever to find a cleanser that works with me. I'm afraid it would break me out, but that's just me I'm sure it's a great cleanser for people with regular skin.

Anyway I'll update again in 3 months when my face is hopefully at it's best!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by surfcowboy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!!!!!! It has 100% changed my skin. I sound like a advertisement person I bet but seriously, this little battery operated device has changed my skin.

I went from someone with pimple prone skin ( have a few here and there) to someone with soft smooth complexion. I use it twice or three times a day ( I shower a lot) and it makes my skin feel amazing. Cleans the pores a thousand times better than hands. I clean my brush with alcohol after every use. I fill a container with rubbing alcohol and it soaks in there until the next use to assure no bacteria transfer! To me that is the most important part of owning this product. Do not buy it if you are lazy and do not wish to clean it properly! My way is extreme but my brush head is clean as a whistle and I know every time I use it, there is nothing on it. To use it, I put some face cleanser on my face and brush and use the brush all over my face, neck etc.... I use something smell free and gentle.

I loved it so much I bought a clairisonic mia 2 which I have yet to use much other than for 1 min ( since it has to charge a whole damn day). So far, I still love my pro x far more , its a inexpensive product that to me is worth a whole lot more. I am curious to see if the mia 2 can work up a storm like the pro x did/does.

LOVE THIS PRO X product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Maceydoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just purchased this product tonight and after reading 7 pages of amazing reviews for acne prone skin, I couldn't be more excited to try this and give my review within the next few weeks!! Thank you MUA for positively pushing me to buy this product before spending $200 on a Clairsonic

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by beaston92

I have been using this product for about two weeks, and I have to say I really like it. I have been trying to find a way to improve my blackheads and blemishes on my nose and chin and until this product, had no results. I bought the brush at the target store that I work at for 29.99 Canadian. I did not use the cleanser that came in the box because I have been using Vichy Normaderm products for about a year and I really like them. I use it in the morning with my Vichy deep purifying cleansing gel, then the astringent toner, salicylic gel lotion, then total mat gel as a makeup primer. Then at night I use Vichy purete thermal micellar solution to remove my makeup, then the brush with Vichy Normaderm 3 in 1 cleanser scrub mask, astringent toner, night cream, then spot treatment if necessary. The results have been spectacular. The blackheads on my nose are almost non existent and I love the fact that rather than the other more affordable brushes (ex: nutragena wave) you are able to use your own cleanser with it rather than the brush emitting its own product. My skin tone appears more even and I have had barely any breakouts even through my monthly cycle. Also I have more of a healthy glow to my face and working early mornings, I don't have to put makeup on which is a big time saver. I highly recommend this cleansing brush. It's fabulous and you won't be disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 10:21:00 AM More reviews by Angeldoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Loving this. I'm sensitive very acne prone and combo. Was worried this would irritate me but it did not , I only use at night with cleanser to remove makeup and my skin looks and feels super clean and prepped for treatments after. I tried the clarisonic and even with their sensitive head found it to be a bit rough, this product is a third of the cost and works better for my sensitive skin.
FYI: dermatologist reccomended to use a light hand in circular motions to prevent pre mature sagging and wrinkling, so go easy with this tool.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Annisty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a couple months now, and I like it. I bought it as a much cheaper alternative to a clarisonic. It's not meant really for microdermabrasion. It's not super rough on skin. It had two speeds. I like to use the slower speed for daily cleansing. I use it twice a day. It does leave my skin feeling cleaner, and I have noticed an improvement in my skin. I will continue to use this tool.