December 22, 2014 | 1750 users online

Styling Products - Kerastase - Elixir Ultime

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by jbossardv

not that great as it looks like.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Steph7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My Mum gave me this so I didn't go out and buy it and after trying it I'm glad I didn't! Maybe it's just my hair type (fine) but even the tiniest pump through my dried hair made it just look like an oil slick! It also made my hair clumpy and greasy when used on my damp hair before styling. This really is a hype product that has not worked for me at all!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by kittycatx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I get a 50% discount at my work so I decided $10 to try this wasn't bad at all. I always use a serum in my hair after I've dried it and so I've tried a lot and this was probably my least favorite. It doesn't do anything at all besides make it shinny.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by kramsey111

Nothing special. I really wanted to like this but I just can't :/ wish I had bought my HG oil instead. Was very curious to see what this was like and also its was less money and 25ml more than my HG oil (morrocanoil)
I have dry medium to fine coloured hair and this doesn't seem to do very much.
Over priced could get very similar results with a drug store product.
Oil feels like it sits on hair (more like a shine serum)
doesn't make hair feel protected or nourished.
pros= has lasted ages! cons= told myself must wait till it runs out until I can buy HG again!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Alissalouise13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love this hair oil as it makes my black hair really shine. It doesn't wear the hair down at all and doesn't make it look greasy at all, as some hair oils can.

You only need a drop to cover the bottom half of the hair. A bottle lasts me nearly a year!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 4:49:00 AM More reviews by loveish8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I own a lot of hair products and this one it's my favorite one next with the Kerastase Oleo Relax shampoo. This can be compared with the Macadamia oil.If you find that Macadamia or Moroccanoil are not hydrating/oily enough this can be the product for you.The Macademia it's also good but it makes the hair feel like a silky plastic doll,The hair feels less "plastic" and a lot more real human silky hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by CanadaGirlToo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this product. A bottle is quite pricey, but I only need one pump, so a bottle lasts me a good six months. I have very thick hair that reaches below my shoulders, and I am very prone to frizz. I live by the ocean, and this product makes me less frizzy

I have tried other oil products, but they were too heavy and I didn't like the effect. I actually gave away my MoroccanOil. The Kérastase I have repurchased.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by frauschnitzel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this to replace the last dribbles of my Moroccanoil, which I was mostly-kinda happy with (bar the sometimes overpowering fragrance), and I do see it as an improvement. Overall, I'm pretty happy with this product, albeit not so much with its priciness.

My hair is incredibly thick, curly, frizzy, processed, generally crazily unmanageable and, well, LARGE. If I use two pumps of this before blowdrying and ironing, it makes that (rather arduous and time-consuming) process considerably easier, and leaves my hair feeling considerably smoother, softer and flatter afterwards (flatness is actually a good thing for my hair; I covet flatness).

I blowdry/iron my hair once a week after washing and do less drastic touch-ups throughout the week. Where I used the Moroccanoil perpetually, I only use this product on that first initial post-washing styling - I've discovered that if I use it more than once during this cycle, I get a bit of greasy build-up.

This certainly isn't the only styling product I use, so the price ($50 or $60 in Australia) is especially hard to justify. That said, this seems like it'd last a good six months. I hope.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by niky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT!

I have curly, VERY frizzy hair. The kind of hair that goes insane in very humid weather (i'm talking about tropical country/ desert sort of humidity). Over the last few months, my hair texture is straw-like and rough as well. I'm hating my hair.

Enter Kerastase Elixir Ultime. It's a GREAT everyday product. Just two little squirts and my hair feels soft and healthy. And it does not look greasy, which is a AMAZING.

In general, I love Kerastase products. They never disappoint. I'm also addicted to their Nectar Thermique for the few times I straighten my hair. It makes my hair look like silk.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by katelin_inline

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This oil/serum elixir come with many colors. The gold is for normal hair , pink is for restore the dyed hair , purple is for small and thin hair and green . My hair is thin and frisky due to chemical dying and heat styling. I suggest you should try all of the colors at the same times on your hair-ending because every colors does have a different effect on your hairs. For me , I'm quite surprised that the purple colors make my hair-ending look better than the pink one . The pink should fit for me more but it dosen't . All of these products are light weight oil than any others in market , just a very small drop can apply all if the hairs. It's not greasy at all compare to other that I used before but it's couldn't help much any shine . I wouldn't buy it again because I expect more outcome from this and it's expensive .

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No