April 20, 2014 | 1642 users online

Styling Products - Kerastase - Elixir Ultime

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by letterelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First, i'd like to define my hair type..i have wavy/curly fine and dry hair. I wanted a product to be applied after shampooing to bring up the most good appearance of my hair and to be able to apply it before blowing my hair to avoid frizz and to have some oils that is going to benefit my hair giving a little bit of shine. I read a lot of good reviews about this product that's why i bought it!

I thought it is going to be a lifetime product but i was wrong, the packaging is good, the smell is bad which i don't mind as it does not last, made my hair a little bit more softer and shiner but not the way i want it, it did not control my frizzy hair at all. I do not see this product worth the price.

I don't recommend it to my friends who the same type of hair as mine! and i will not buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by marisaew1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Worked wonderfully when I had virgin hair. Now that it's heavily processed and I'm trying to grow it out -- back to virgin -- it doesn't make any real difference. Maybe adds a slight softness but that's it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2013 9:38:00 AM More reviews by FelisCatus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been using it for a year and I haven't notice my hair condition improved.It smells really good,but that is all it does.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by marianam14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

In my hair, this product doesn't offer ​​the results that it promises.
I bought it for about a year and I still have half bottle.
It just makes my hair oily rather than shiny, healthy and hydrated.
I think the quality of the product doesn't match its price, about 30 euros in my country.
I was very upset about having spent so much money on a product that didn't offer the promised results, despite being a brand that I liked a lot before buying this oil.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I`m disappointed with this product. It is a good oil indeed, not greasy, smells good. But it is very expensive and I can get good quality products for much less.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2013 6:41:00 AM More reviews by kmk3s

After reading all the hype about this product, I was really excited to try it on my long, thick, blonde hair. I was really hoping I would love it, but it never fully lived up to my expectations. Sure, it smells lovely and makes your hair a bit shinier and silkier, but I never noticed an increase in my hair health (my main reason for buying this product). At the end of the day, this was a very expensive hair serum that simply sat on my hair, and didn't penetrate into the cuticle to improve the overall condition. If you're looking for oils to improve hair health, good old Moroccan oil or even olive oil are superior to this product, for only a portion of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Imheatherly

Love love love this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by acarthur

It has been a great serum to use on my dry, coloured, frizz prone hair. I have used many serum products over the years and always went back to Kerastase Oleo Serum. I think this one works slightly better on my hair, though it is more expensive than the Oleo one. It has a nice fragrance and it is not too overpowering. Would definitely repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by guccimomma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is amazing. I bought the pink range. Smells like chanel. Makes your hair incredibly soft and shiny. Does not make my hair oily and a little goes a long way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by zeynepd

Very very fragrant oil that smells like an expensive oriental tuberose perfume, and this is the main reason why I avoid using it most days. It's too much for me.

It's good as a styling product that adds remarkable shine and softness to my hair and makes my almost fried ends more acceptable especially if I have had my hair blowdried. (It doesn't add much if my hair isn't styled though.)

I can't say that it has done a remarkable job repairing my highly processed hair -especially considering the price. Still, it's versatile. You can use it before the shower and leave it for a bit, on wet hair during the shower or touch up during the day.

I ask my hairdresser to mix a good amount with my hair dye once a month and that's how I'm planning to use it up. I'm not very impressed.