Kerastase Elixir Ultime

3.8

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Zea Mays / Corn Germ Oil, Argania Spinosa Oil / Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Camellia Kissi / Camellia Kissi Seed Oil, Pentaclethra Macroloba Oil / Pentaclethra Macroloba Seed Oil, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Coumarine, Benzyl Alcohol, Parfum / Fragrance.

on 2/25/2015 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I like that this serum does not weigh down my fine frizzy highlighted damaged hair: I tried it as a pre shampoo treatment and it was very hard to wash out had to use ALOT of shampoo. Then I tried it on damp hair letting it air dry and it left my hair limp and frizzy I also tried it on dry hair after styling. I was underwhelmed. I think this product gave most noticeable results on dry hair making it feel softer and a little bit shinier and healthier but to me it just coated my hair and didnt feel like it penetrated into the hair. For the price of this product there are other options out there that do the same thing at half the price. I wont repurchase this. The smell is also not pleasant to me. I do however love lkerastases green line for my damaged hair its amazing, the mask and ciment thermique in particular

on 2/2/2015 2:37:00 PM

I know this is silly but the Loreal Extraordinary Oil works better on my hair.. both in winter and summer...

on 1/17/2015 5:31:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I normally love Kerastase products and find them to be top quality, but this one for me didn't fit. The texture was too heavy for my fine shoulder length hair, and the scent was unbearable--very strong, suntan oil-like smell and overbearing with no dissipation--I adore the scents in some of their other products (Cristalliste, Fluidissime), so I was very surprised. Some people might like this, but as personal preference, I will not repurchase.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I see so many people compared this Elixir ultime hair oil with Oleo relax serum, which I think a totally different product. I bought both products though (which cost a lot x'D) First of all, this hair oil and serum is not the same, therefore, of course, works differently. I have fine, natural dark brown, straight, virgin, bra strap-long hair, quite oily on the roots, and no split ends..
my hair is not frizzy yet I love to try hair products, lol.
Oleo Relax serum is made for people with frizzy and unmanageable hair, I applied this serum on damp hair, and it makes my hair really soft and frizzy-less, it also did not weight my hair down. however, this product makes my hair color slightly lighter (idk why) and my hair becomes a bit more oily on the night.
The elixir ultime hair oil in gold, tend to give more moisture to my hair (of course more oily) I love this product more as it gives the soft glossy healthy look, i use this right after styling my hair with a straightener, remember, apply only adequate amount, as if you apply more, your hair will be weighed down and terribly oily.

on 11/7/2014 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am a long time user of the Oleo-Relax and because of the reviews, looked into this. It has additional oil elements and that is a good thing but it failed in performance. The difference between this and Oleo-Relax is that this is greasier and if you have a heavy hand in using products, like myself, this product will not work for you. After several minutes, Oleo-Relax disappears and goes in the texture of the hair. This one sits on top.

on 11/6/2014 3:24:00 AM

Nope, this didn't do anything for me at all. I have a history of bleaching my shoulder-length hair and some heat damage, and this did not do anything more to my hair than any drug store oil would do. It kinda coated my hair, but for the price I expected a lot better results. Smell is average too. Honestly considering selling my bottle after only a few uses, because I switched back to Moroccan oil which is a lot more effective. Do not recommend

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have dry, thick , and frizzy hair and it's really unruly! :( I bought this ready to give up on all types of oils as I have tried tons of oils.... that work for a couple of hours and then my hair gets oily or frizzy again.
As soon as put the drop of oil in my hair NO JOKE it changed in an instant...!! like magic! from dry and frizzy to smooth and really shiny! Im not too crazy about the coconut-ish scent, but because of the results I'll let it pass.
My mom who has FRIED and damaged hair tried a couple of drops and was shocked to see the amazing results! It was smooth and shiny like hair! She was ilke "this is amazing!, i must buy a bottle for myself!"

I would purchase this product again without a doubt!! It's amazing!!

on 9/7/2014 4:41:00 PM

Great product, great smell, but super expensive. I always repurchase this because it makes my hair beautiful. Amazing serum. The bottle does last a long time.

I've used this for the past year each time I wash my hair and still have more than half left! Therefore, it is a long term investmen, even though it is expensive! Works wonders with my frizzy hair: it makes it look smooth, healthy and polished without using heat. Love it and will repurchase!

I use this on dry hair, have switched to this after macadamia oil stopped doing wonders for my dry bleached ends wavy hair. So happy with this, makes my hair instantly feel like silk and frizz free, it's expensive but definitely worth it :-)

Top Rated Kerastase Products