August 1, 2014 | 1965 users online

Treatments (Face) - Up & Up - Maximum Strength Acne Medication (10% Benzoyl Peroxide Gel)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by pab22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sadly one of my regular items that I bought was a benzoyl peroxide that I think got discontinued a long time ago, which is why I switched to the next best alternative a few years back.

When summer hits my skin gets super oily, and my acne really flares up at its worst. Which was why I made sure to keep benzoyl peroxide in stock, as well as for the occasional breakout after the seasons changed.

While it may not have be quite as cheap or generously packaged, Target's benzoyl peroxide was actually fairly close to the old product that I use to use.

I try to use it sparingly in areas where acne is developing, and it does help in that department, shrinking it until it disappears completely.

Although I have had some irksome situations where most of it is stuck at the very end of the tube and I'm forced to squeeze it out-which unfortunately leads the cream to suddenly start spewing out of it like a volcano and wasting a good amount of it. xP

But aside from prices and a packaging it is a good product that does it's job for me, and I'm still inclined to buy it for myself when I need that extra bit of attention to very stubborn acne.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by linet182

I have the occasional break out here and there. I have tried SO many acne products throughout the years and it's very disheartening when nothing seems to work. I went into target and this product caught my eye. '10 % benzoyl peroxide means it HAS to work'. It was pretty cheap so I gave it a go. I started using this about 6 days ago. I just dab some on my spots before bed and I sleep with it on. The next morning the zit is completely dried out and the redness is gone. I have tried a lot of acne meds throughout the last few years. Some expensive but I never thought up and up brand from target could work this well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 5:08:00 AM More reviews by aeriekah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After cleansing I apply a thin area on my forehead which is my trouble area. Ive been using it now for several weeks and its hard to pin point whether this product has worked because I started using argan oil as my moisturizer the week prior to starting this product. I have noticed that the texture of my skin has improved. I have small acne bumps on my forehead and those seemed to have lessen. This also seems to keep the bigger pimples at bay. Whatever the cause for my better skin I will continue my regimen.

Once it dries it is white and flaky at times but that is only because you've applied too much or did not spread it well.
TIP/SOLUTION: Apply on damp skin and wet fingers.
Makes a huge difference and helps it absorb into your skin!

Update: I am almost done with the tube and my forehead has improved a lot :D I recall applying moisturizer/primer to my forehead and could feel tiny bumps beneath the surface of my skin. Now my forehead is clear of those small bumps. I will continue using and update if any changes occur.

Months later. My pimples and the texture of my forehead has vastly reduced (no more subsurface tiny bumps that I barely notice but definitely could feel), and no more larger pimples. Occasionally I will get something but not of the same magnitude and not as frequent as I used to.

Result = OMG HG Acne treatment!! I thought my clearer skin was because I went off foundation and switched to powder but Im back on foundation and/or BB cream so its not it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Annessa

I really wanted to like this but I had the same problem as the previous reviewer.. This stuff peels and rubs off easily, especially if you use too much. Once it dries, you can see the white spots on your face where it was applied. It works well enough... but then again pretty much every 10% benzoyl peroxide gel or cream I've tried works on my skin. I much prefer the clean and clear persa-gel even if it's over 2x the price of this one. I would not buy this again unless they change the formula. The only good thing about this product is the price... at my local Target, it costs $1.97 before tax. However, if I was on a budget, I would rather buy CVS or Walgreen's brand. Both are more expensive than Up & Up, but slightly cheaper than Clean and Clear. Also, keep in mind that anything with benzoyl peroxide may bleach your clothing, pillow cases, towels, etc. I always use white towels and cover my pillow cases when I use this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2011 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Lizzieloveslipgloss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am a user of benzoyl peroxide for 20 years, and feel it truly is the best pimple fighter. This version is a little more inexpensive than Clean and Clear Persa Gel. I have used the C&C, Up and Up and the Walgreens knock off. C&C is the best, followed by Up&Up and then the Walgreens brand. The only drawback to this one is that it pills up after applying moisturizer so it can mess with makeup application. I would prefer to purchase the other 2 options.

It does keep pimples at bay, so if using at night, it works great.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by FlyLikeAG6

I know a lot of people have issues with putting store brand products on their face, but in this case, this Target brand product works just as well as ZapZyt or Clean & Clear and I have to write a review. Last night, about an hour after moisturizing, I looked in the mirror and saw a whitehead forming and several small red bumps below it. I wasn't breaking out from my night cream, which I've used for a year. The breakouts I get are few and far between, and when they happen, I pick at them no matter how much I tell myself how bad it is for my skin. Instead of trying to pop the whitehead that had already appeared, I stopped and decided on dabbing a q-tip of rubbing alcohol over the area (very tiny amount and ONLY on the whitehead and bumps) to clean it then applying this BP. This morning, the whitehead and bumps were GONE. There's not a trace of anything! There's nothing to even try to pick at! I'm so excited! We all know BP works, but this is the first time something like this has happened to me - BP has never worked THIS well for me. I had to share that not only did I stop a breakout in its tracks, but I did it with store brand BP.