April 18, 2014 | 1341 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by riccidontcare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really loved this foundation.
It's light to medium coverage. Satin/dewy finish.
Perfect for dry skin types.
It's something I like to have in my kit.
I like to use this foundation in winter for a little more moisture and the shade 110 is absolutely perfect for my skin. It lasts about 4-5 hours before I need to touch up.
The shades are set up in a range that is numbered and labled light/medium/deep.
I have found that the number system works on a scale of odd numbers being cool tones, and even numbers being warm. It's only $5-$6 and easy to find. Pick it up, give it a shot, if anything else mix it with other foundations to blend them out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Belle144

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation is fantastic for the price.
It is ideal for clear skin that needs a bit of moisture, as it gives a light coverage and doesn't sit in fine lines.
I use this foundation during the day and it keeps my skin moisturised

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by kristenkrascek

I think this is okay. I wear 220 (natural beige) and it matches my skin tone pretty much exactly. It gives enough coverage to even out any imperfections in my skin tone, covers acne mostly and looks quite nice. It doesn't have brilliant staying power but a lot of makeup doesn't last on my face - combination skin with oily t zone but still a few lines at 43 yo. It does eventually settle into lines like most makeup but I have yet to try the specific mature age makeup products on the market - that is all new to me as I haven't had to worry about lines until pretty much the last few years. The bottle sucks - no pump and you have to be careful not to spill it. The consistency is a bit runny but at least you can't really over apply it that way. It is better set with powder - tends to work quite well. I have only been wearing this for two days and it hasn't broken me out and I like that it has SPF18 in it. The price was good (two for the price of just under one) but I would probably prefer a thicker consistency foundation in future and one geared to the more mature skin type. Overall it is not too bad but not fantastic either.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2014 4:56:00 AM More reviews by wooedwiththistles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

On my quest for a holy grain foundation ( which ended with UD naked btw) I tried this which appeared to have the lightest shade at the drug store. So I gave it a test. I put it on with my fingers, a brush, primed and unprimed, with a setting powder and without. And I could not get this crap to stay on my face. It never really set either. It felt like lotion that needed to be rubbed in sitting on my face. If I did rub it in it would disappear leaving no coverage at all. I think bb creams have better coverage. Also the shine you get with this is insane. I know some girls like a dewy finish but this was just ridiculous. Don't bother with this one unless you have perfect skin in which you don't need foundation anyway.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by maymay24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was at Walmart and decided to give this a try. My skin was pretty all pimpled up at the time. I am very very very disappointed. It left me breakouts and my acne was very bad after using this product. It rubbed off on a very expensive light blue jacket I had bought. What I hate about it: 1) It's shines like crazy!! 2) It runs off SO EASILY! 3) Throughout the day, it makes me look oily and greasy. THIS PRODUCT IS JUST NOT FOR ACNE PRONE SKIN OR OILY SKIN!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 8:39:00 PM More reviews by IUPgrad2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Things I like:

1.Coverage- full covers my acne/scarring WITHOUT a concealer
2.Shade Selection- I feel like it matches me beautifully
3. Runny texture (makes it easier for stippling)

Things I don't like:

1. Rubs off very easily
2. Does get shiny
3. no pump??

Anyone having issues ( I had some) here's what I did to fix them

1. coverage, when I FIRST used it, it didn't cover anything I was using my fingers NO lol. this will give you a very sheer coverage. so then I realized, *wait for it...* I own a Stippling brush!! lol (its from E.L.F) and let me tell you, it made a HUGE difference in coverage.

I use it and then rub it in on my nose and pat around my eyes with my fingers.

2. "Dewy" look. yes.... nothing a little sheer powder didn't help me with.

I would recommend this foundation for a dinner date, or shopping nothing strenuous.(like exercising and such)

im an NC37 for reference.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Xyooj

This is definitely one of those "love it" or "hate it" type of products. I definitely do love it and it has been the only foundation that I have stuck to for a couple of years. In other words, I always go back to this product. :)

When I had first purchased my first Maybelline Fit Me Foundation two years ago, I did NOT like it (despite all of the benefits it claimed to have) due to the fact of the consistency it had. What didn't appeal to me was how runny the foundation was. So yes, when applying on this foundation, do be careful of tilting the foundation to pour out some of the product. Moreover, since the foundation was really runny, it was not good on hot days. Knowing that my t-zone was the most oiliest place on my face at the time, I felt as if the foundation was melting off of my face. I would literally use the back of one of my hands to wipe off my t-zone and there will be foundation on the back of my hands. Therefore, I do not recommend this product to anyone with oily skin type. Another thing is that this product does not give a good amount of coverage to anyone with acne.

But of course, I gave it some time to see if I wanted to throw it away or not. And surprisingly, I still purchase this item 'til this day. What happened was that my skin type changed as I got older so oily skin was no longer a problem for me anymore with this foundation. Also, I broke out less and less which made me not have to worry about finding GREAT coverage.

As an overall, I am satisfied with this product and had learned how to love it throughout the years. The packaging is decent. But I do love how it is inexpensive, how you can find it at any beauty aisle of any local drugstore, the color selection is great (plus sometimes I can always mix a shade with another), how it makes your skin looks natural and has somewhat of a dewy finish.

The only downfall is that this product was not made for oily skin types and for anyone who is looking for medium to heavy coverage. And don't wear this foundation of extremely hot days :(

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I haven't had much luck with matching my skin tone with Maybelline FitMe range, however I did match my friend and she loved this product, glad she's pleased with it. I'm not. You'll definitely need to powder after applying otherwise brace yourself for sweat patches. Lack of shades and the hype really bugs me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 3:36:00 AM More reviews by Cherryferry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually really like this foundation. I picked it up when I was running low on funds and couldn't afford my usual Benefit foundation.

The consistency is fairly thin, especially when compared to other lipsticks on the market, but it isn't runny. It is very smooth and the colour range is fantastic.

When I got this I was disappointed to see that it didn't have a pump. I personally prefer to have a pump on my foundations, purely because it is less messy, but it isn't a deal breaker for me. I have just poured some into a tub and apply it directly from there.

I usually apply the foundation using a sponge, but it also blends in perfectly well using your fingers (I haven't tried using a brush). I find that it offers good coverage, and it evens out my skin tone well. I also find that it lasts a long time, usually seven or eight hours, which is long enough to keep me looking pretty through the working day :)

I do understand why people criticize this product, though. It can sometimes feel a little greasy, and if you don't set it with powder or something it disappears very quickly. It is unforgiving if you apply too much as it just won't blend if overused. But, given the great value and decent nature of the product, I feel that these flaws can be overlooked.

I'm not convinced that I would repurchase the second that I run out, as I like to experiment with new types of foundation. But I certainly will buy it one day if I am again running low on funds and wish to secure myself a good quality foundation.

No, it isn't a HG foundation. No, it won't make you look totally flawless, and it won't stay on your face all day long. But it will even out your tone, brighten your face and, if set properly, last you a considerable amount of time. That makes it a pretty good foundation for its price in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by lollycat99

This isn't actually as bad as ppl made it out to be. I just recently picked it up and at first, I expected it to be greasy and oily and overly dewy but it wasn't. It just had a nice sheen to it, which was nice. I applied it using 4 different ways, my beauty blender, my fingers, my elf studio flat top powder brush and my sigma f80. And I much prefer it with the the sigma brush. Another thing I like about this foundation is that it's lightweight and not too heavy feeling on my skin. For the price it's a great deal!!