January 31, 2015 | 1989 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation (Dewy + Smooth)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2015 11:22:00 PM More reviews by NumbersInAction

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate.

Seriously though - Maybelline Fit Me foundation is my HG foundation. I can say that even after having spent hundreds on high end foundations, MAC, Nars, Estee Lauder, etc. , nothing compares to this.

It applies so ridiculously easily. It blends like a dream. It is a very runny consistency but I have no problems at all working with it. Once you blend it, the formula itself disappears in seconds and leaves a flawless finish. It is buildable too. The coverage is good but I suspect you could get higher coverage foundations, but I just don't want to! This stuff is too good.

It leaves the most wonderful dewy glowy finish. I have oily/normal skin, yet it's not a problem. I apply with or without primer, doesn't make a whole lot of difference, and I lightly powder over the top. Every single other foundation I have EVER tried starts to go a bit patchy around my chin and mouth by around midday. That is, except for Fit Me. I was blown away by that.

It is wonderfully affordable too. I think I have it in about 6 different colours, which sounds completely mad, but it is because I have covered every stage of a tan!

There are only 2 criticisms I have.

1. It is just a touch too warm in tone, even the very lightest colour, when I am at my palest.

2. The packaging sucks because of the lack of a pump.

Nonetheless, Fit Me, you are my HG.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2015 9:38:00 PM More reviews by thatshaute

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Purchased in the shade 310-Sun Beige. It was a little light for my complexion. Coverage was a little lighter than I'm used to as well. I have fairly dry skin especially in the winter months and I don't feel as though this particular foundation helped with that. I would maybe try this product again in the summertime.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2015 7:22:00 AM More reviews by teleah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use shade 125 as an everyday foundation to even tone and brighten complexion. Freckles and natural sun spots are slightly visable under but this helps give a more natural, no makeup apperance. The package is what you expect with a no pump bottle (messy) and i can not lay it down in a makeup bag or it seems to dirty the bag. Use product with in two-three months or product oxidises. Great for casual every day wear.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2015 12:24:00 PM More reviews by petrawikman

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have really, really dry skin and even though this is a product made for my type of skin, the foundation did make my dry patches (nose, forhead, chins) appear a lot. Overall it was a decent foundation but since it made my patches appear a lot more I just didn't want to continue using it, so I gave it to a friend.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2015 1:50:00 PM More reviews by kittyinglasses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used this foundation on and off ever since it was released.
On one hand, I love the finish, the consistency, the way it reacts to my skin and blends.

On the other hand, I dislike the packaging as it gets dirty quicker than any other pump-free foundation I have ever used, and how unobtainable the ABSOLUTE lightest shade is (105 is apparently an available shade, but I have NEVER found it in Canada, and even good reviews and comparisons are hard to find for it). The lightest shade available as far as I can find is 110.

So, for this, and the fact that it is in dire need of a pump (I know some countries get them, but certainly not all), and for the insanely high transferability, I have to knock this foundation down one lippie. I will be able to make this foundation work in the summer when I have the -slightest- of tans, but for now, to the back of my basket of foundations it goes.

I am looking forward to playing around with the new matte + poreless version (perhaps the shades will be slightly lighter leaning?).

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2015 1:50:00 PM More reviews by katielovesUD

this is the worst foundation I have ever used! it makes my skin look like an oil slick and is very patchy. I had to keep blending until I thought my arm was going to fall off to get decent coverage from this.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2015 11:12:00 AM More reviews by msgreason

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The foundation is a medium coverage but comes off as very shiny on the skin. The price of it is not bad the downside is that you get too much product coming out of the container and it should have a pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2015 12:45:00 AM More reviews by brunettebordeaux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A surprisingly affordable miracle in a bottle! I have tried foundations from brands such as MAC and Chanel, and the latter even broke me out. I used to have severe eczema back when the Fit Me foundation line came out, and it NEVER broke me out. My skin has improved, and it looks so smooth and satiny with this foundation. I have received compliments and you wouldn't tell that I have naturally dry, patchy skin no matter how many bottles of water I drink. I have gone through 4-5 bottles of 230 and 235 (a light-medium, yellow and/or olive tone) without straying to any other foundation. If a foundation line has made you look presentation for almost 5 years... well, it's worth sticking to!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2015 5:23:00 AM More reviews by crazysanegirl

I brought the foundation because it was NYE and I was staying over my bf's place and as I was getting ready I realised I forgot to pack my foundation so I went to the drug store and brought this one. It did finish off nicely however felt oily and kept smudging on everything throughout the night. In Aust it is also around $20 so for that price I don't think it's worth it and it doesnt have a pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by paigeii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. It's medium coverage, you can probably build it up to a full but I haven't tried as I prefer light-medium coverage. It is a little orange (I have the lightest shade) for my skin. It's good for work or school (8 hours-ish) with powder and primer.
No pump, which is frustrating. But apart from that the packaging is alright.
Here it Australia the price is $20, but I often see it on sale for $10-$15.

Pros:
- Good coverage
- Pretty good price.
- Stays looking good for 6-8 hours.

Cons:
- No pump.
- Looks slightly orange.