Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Correcting Powder - Creamy Natural

3.7

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm in love with this powder.
The goal of my make-up routine is always to get flawless, natural skin. I don't buy a lot of eyeliners or eyeshadows, but I invest a butt load on concealers, BB creams, etc.

So when I came across this powder (on sale) I thought I would give it a try. I have really fair skin, so I actually opted for the translucent version in the hopes that it would correct a few things (such as the very prominent bags under my eyes, the ruddiness around my nose, as so forth).
I was actualy very impressed. It helps even out my skin tone, and I like to use it around my eyes to set concealer as well as correct anything my concealer does not get.

A good buy!

I'm a huge fan of hte mineral wear talc-free powders from PF--and this mineral correcting poder in creamy natural makes my porcelain skin simply glow--and I tend to get a bit shiny in my T-zone and with this I am pretty shine-free most of the day--when I'm busy I forget to powder my nose, but with this powder, no worries--it evens out my rosy cheeks and gives a soft matte finish once I put my Max Factor Face Finity foundation on--my face stays perfect all day--I pick these up whenever I hit a buy-one-get-one 50% off; and the packaging stinks, but what can you do--the brush is garbage and I use a large fluffy powder brush to set my makeup. LOVE--my sensitive, fair, combo skin that's turning 40 this year LOVES PF powders :) Try it!!!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Target had the Physicians Formula Correcting Kit (comes with loose powder, correcting concealer, and this compact) on clearance for $4.50. Such a deal! The correcting concealer sucks, but I had much better luck with this. It gave nice even coverage. I have combo/oily skin and am pretty pale. This evened out the redness I tend to get around my nose. It did so well I think it would be okay by itself for a light makeup day, like a quick trip to the grocery store. Just a bit of blush and some lip gloss.

You're better off using a regular brush, the ridiculous PF tri-colored flat brushes do nothing.

Because my skin is super sensitive, It has been about a year or so that I have not used a powder. I use foundation and I like the dewey look it has without a powder but it doesn't last all day...so today I went searching for a powder that doesn't have talc and alas, I found this! I am in love with it! I have combination skin and this powder helps blot out my shiny spots but it doesn't enhance the look of my dry patches either. It's translucent enough to use as a finishing powder without making my face look cakey. I recommend this product if you have sensitive skin, or if you want a nice matte finishing powder that will neutralize and even out your skintone.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just got this today but I have checked it in the mirror several times since I purchased it and it's going on 6 hours that it still looks great. I did read reviews and it seems people are disappointed with the color and lack of coverage. It's not a foundation, it's a color neutralizer. It looks just like your skin just with more even tone. That's the point.

I decided recently-ish that I needed to embrace my naturally paler-than-I-would-like skin in lieu of wrinkles and cancer from the sun and fake tans. I've struggled to find a good foundation in my new shade that does everything I want.

I found this on sale and I had seen it before but never given it a try. My skin isn't great, my cheeks and nose get blotchy and I break out on my chin pretty bad one week a month. ;-) I like doing my makeup but i don't want to NEED a 10-step routine each morning. I think this may be the answer to my 5-step routine.

1. Moisturize
2. BB cream all over
3. Concealer as needed
4. Blush/bronzer/eyes as needed depending on the day
5. Sweep this correcting powder over my nose and chin for a smooth finish without redness

So far it has a nice finish: not quite matte but not shimmery. It doesn't seem to rub off when I touch it which is cool. I could see how it would be too light if you have a tan or dark skin but over regular makeup and a light hand it does a pretty good job. I did see that they now make a "correcting bronzer" that might work better for darker skin although the reason I liked having a tan in the first place was because it evened my skin tone so maybe they're thinking darker girls don't have this issue. Overall I'm excited to use it more and I hope it holds up well.

Oh yeah, the container and brush suck but all their products have the same packaging so it was expected.

I use this powder in the winter, when I'm extra pale and my skin's a little dry. It's not terrific at controlling oiliness, but at that time of year it's ok. It's also very light-textured, so it's nice as a touch-up powder because it doesn't feel like I'm caking on a ton of makeup with every touch-up. However, it's a bit of a pain to use that way, as the provided brush is TERRIBLE and the powder itself is very soft, so using another brush gets messy. It doesn't really work with a puff, because you can end up with streaks of the "blended" tones. So, I end up using it mostly at home -- even though it's better for touchups. However, it's the best winter powder I've found, because of the extremely light shade and less drying finish.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I like this powder because it really does minimize blotchiness in the skin, with or without foundation. A light touch is all that's necessary. The brush is terrible so I use a proper powder brush instead. The compact is quite thick because of the extra compartment to store the brush, and that's a drawback. Since the brush isn't usable anyway, its a waste of space and takes up more room than necessary in my makeup bag. Because of the surprising coverage in this, its important to color match. I am using the Natural Ivory because its cooler weather now, but I might go for the next darker shade in the summer. This one is quite pale but still works.

I recently quit wearing liquid foundation because I have started breaking out pretty badly, and because I could never really find a shade that was light enough for my pale skin. I bought this powder with the hopes that it would cover up my bumps and marks, but still be light enough for my skin tone, unlike most powders that I've tried. This is perfect for my skin. It covers up my imperfections nicely, and matches my skin tone perfectly. The only complaint I have about this product is that the packaging is pretty sucky, and the brush that it comes with is horrible. I threw the brush away, and I just use a kabuki brush to apply it. Also, it's a bit pricey, around $14 at Walmart. I will buy again when I run out.

I generally don't like power because I like a dewy finish, however, I have recently developed the most annoying patch of hormonal rosacea on my chin and it has put a kink in my routine.

It turns out red skin is damnhellass hard to cover. Seriously. I have tried 300,000 products over the past year and this is the ONLY one that disappears the redness. This stupid red chin is the bane of my freaking existence.

In all fairness I went looking for the all green version and have just not been able to find it so I have had to keep buying the swirly version. It really does level out my complexion.... I just have to trade having a matte face which I really don't care for.

You will want to make sure that you buy the right shade as the last one I bought it a shade too light and it makes me look like a vampire.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm suprised about the bad reviews on this. I absolutely love this powder.I use it after moisturiser and a brightening primer on my eyelids and underneath the eyes. I start with a mineral concealer brush and put the beige color underneath my eyes, the pink one on my eyelids, the yellow as a highlight color on my brow bone and the green where i'm scared and red. I then take a powder brush swirl all the colors together and put it everywhere.

It is true that the powder is pale so go darker than you think! It can be a bit chalky so use a very soft brush on it (I use the one from the body shop). It's a great summer product and great for traveling. LOVE IT.