August 28, 2014 | 1472 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Correcting Powder - Creamy Natural

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this powder because it really does minimize blotchiness in the skin, with or without foundation. A light touch is all that's necessary. The brush is terrible so I use a proper powder brush instead. The compact is quite thick because of the extra compartment to store the brush, and that's a drawback. Since the brush isn't usable anyway, its a waste of space and takes up more room than necessary in my makeup bag. Because of the surprising coverage in this, its important to color match. I am using the Natural Ivory because its cooler weather now, but I might go for the next darker shade in the summer. This one is quite pale but still works.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by maggiealisa

I recently quit wearing liquid foundation because I have started breaking out pretty badly, and because I could never really find a shade that was light enough for my pale skin. I bought this powder with the hopes that it would cover up my bumps and marks, but still be light enough for my skin tone, unlike most powders that I've tried. This is perfect for my skin. It covers up my imperfections nicely, and matches my skin tone perfectly. The only complaint I have about this product is that the packaging is pretty sucky, and the brush that it comes with is horrible. I threw the brush away, and I just use a kabuki brush to apply it. Also, it's a bit pricey, around $14 at Walmart. I will buy again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

I generally don't like power because I like a dewy finish, however, I have recently developed the most annoying patch of hormonal rosacea on my chin and it has put a kink in my routine.

It turns out red skin is damnhellass hard to cover. Seriously. I have tried 300,000 products over the past year and this is the ONLY one that disappears the redness. This stupid red chin is the bane of my freaking existence.

In all fairness I went looking for the all green version and have just not been able to find it so I have had to keep buying the swirly version. It really does level out my complexion.... I just have to trade having a matte face which I really don't care for.

You will want to make sure that you buy the right shade as the last one I bought it a shade too light and it makes me look like a vampire.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by judiness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm suprised about the bad reviews on this. I absolutely love this powder.I use it after moisturiser and a brightening primer on my eyelids and underneath the eyes. I start with a mineral concealer brush and put the beige color underneath my eyes, the pink one on my eyelids, the yellow as a highlight color on my brow bone and the green where i'm scared and red. I then take a powder brush swirl all the colors together and put it everywhere.

It is true that the powder is pale so go darker than you think! It can be a bit chalky so use a very soft brush on it (I use the one from the body shop). It's a great summer product and great for traveling. LOVE IT.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 12:29:00 PM More reviews by macmuse

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am loving this product! My skin has become increasingly more difficult over the years because of dryness and irritation with so many products. Makeup has been looking absolutely awful and my skin looks actually worse with it on that off (except for the uneven tone). I've gotten to the place where the skin looked better with just a little concealer overtop moisturizer only because that was the only way it looked like skin instead of pronounced dryness and crepey texture.

So, I saw this product (along with the Airbrushed Talc-Free powder) and bought them both. I bought this Correcting Powder in Creamy Natural, which is just perfect for my fair skin. (However Creamy Natural in the Airbrushed Powder was just a little too dark whereas Translucent is perfect).

I think the key here is to get the right shade, and when you do, it is like magic. I brush it over my face with my fluffy brush and it is like erasing the redness as it evens out the skin tone.

I've read where people said it was too pale. I think since the point is to even out the skin, it will go on a little paler than the skin to even it out, which is why the right shade is important. I feel it is also crucial to use the right brush. I have tried this with a sheerer brush and it doesn't cover as well. With my fluffy brush, I just lightly swirl it around on the compact, then sweep / swirl it on my face. It covers perfectly but without looking thick. It is like watching the uneven tone go away.

Sometimes I have had makeup get too beige on me, which tends to make the red spots of my face more pronounced. I think this Correcting Powder would be a good solution for that.

When used on top of the Mineral Wear Airbrushed Talc-Free Powder, the result is gorgeous with the look of beautiful, real skin. So far I have not had a reaction to it, so hopefully I won't.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Catronw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I normally wear a liquid foundation but in the summer, or on days where i just DO NOT want to try hard, this is *perfect*! I will admit the packaging is bulky and the brush is complete crap but really you probably have a blush or powder brush lying around that you could use. Also i am pale and this does bring out the white in me more but the coverage is awesome which makes up for it showing my true colors!! the look is so smooth and soft looking and it really does a great job of evening out your skin tone. I suggest that if u use this as your "foundation" that you wear the powder that you wear over your normal foundation over this because like anything else; you get oily after awhile. Yes you will need to wear concealor still under your eyes, but seriously, this is absolutly perfect for hot summer days when you dont want to wear a liquid foundation! perfectly natural, smoooth, easy coverage with SPF! i will buy again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 10:05:00 AM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was beyond excited for this. This powder has colors in it to help do more things at once with less products. This for me fell very short. The powder has a nice consistency and smoothed in pretty well. I am very pale and I figured this would look good. It actually made me look white which is so off from Creamy Natural. This also did not absorb oil very well and started to look bad from the minute I applied. There was no making this work for my skin. This compact is clunky and cheap plastic which I find so weird because this is rather expensive for a drugstore product. This product is just not worth it and I found nothing redeeming. Great idea, but such a bad formula.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

PF Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Correcting Powder in Creamy Natural is absolutely amazing! It covers well... but it covers with a very, very pale, soft powder. I am about NW5-10, and Creamy Natural isn't too dark for me, so that should give you an idea of how pale it is. It cuts down on any redness and it kind of has a sheen to it--it's not starkly matte, which is the main difference between this powder and ELF Complexion Perfection, finish-wise. It's very soft and powdery, so transportation might be a challenge with this little guy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by minimad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this as part of a set and am not loving it. The brush is useless and the while the powder itself has a nice consistency, I find that it is so far off from my natural skin tone that I need to cover it with loads of loose powder to create a skin match. Double powder = creases and results in a very obvious makeup application. I'll continue to use it b/c of the price, but will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this powder because after my store rewards it was free. It's really expensive at regular price, which is $14.00. This is a gritty powder with a weird white cast to it. It isn't creamy or natural. It doesn't control shine at all. However, when brushed on with a large powder brush after moisturzing, it does even out my skin tone and give me the confidence to go foundation-free and get out of the house quickly. Otherwise, this is a useless product. I will not repurchase, even if it's free.