August 1, 2014 | 1305 users online

Shampoo - The Body Shop - Rainforest Moisture Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by apricotcloud

Ok, this is the second review I am writing on this product because last time I think I gave it too harsh a time.

I have long (waist length) bleached hair and I thought this would be a nourishing shampoo because of the 'moisture' in the title.

It's really not very moisturising at all, if anything it makes your hair more dry but the smell is AMAZING I would buy again for that alone.

I usually use this as a second shampoo (I wash my hair every other day) so I will do a first shampoo, rinse, put this on and then conditioner. So it's a bit of a 'take it or leave it' product but I still like it and the consistency is a bit like treacle!

Agree with other posters that you need a LOT to lather well though.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by bbailey86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This shampoo from the Body Shop smells amazing. I buy from the Body Shop because it doesn't have any junk in them and they are cruelty free. This shampoo can leave my hair feeling coarse but leaving the conditioner on for a good few minutes usually does the trick. Pricey for what it is.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2012 7:16:00 AM More reviews by AlvaSofia

Firstly, this doesn't contain either parabens, sulphates, silicones nor colourants - how awesome is that?! Yet it still manages to not only make my hair really clean, but also lathers quite nicely which is pretty rare for sulphate free shampoos. I've only used it for about a week so I'm not 100% certain how it will be in the long run, but so far it's been great. And it smells soooooo good!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by shopaholic14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is quite an average shampoo. For the price, I expected something much better.

The name says Rainforest Moisture but it has done nothing for my dry hair. It is just not moisturising, perhaps salicylic acid has something to do with that coz isn't that supposed to be drying? Also the shampoo doesn't lather well and I need really lots to get my hair clean (and I don't use styling products).

I wouldn't really want to repurchase this but my hubby is quite satisfied with this shampoo (he has normal hair) so I guess will buy for him.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2012 8:21:00 AM More reviews by fechenwiesen

I tried this along with the matching conditioner. I donīt use a lot of styling products at all and my hair is pretty happy with any shampoo. This shampoo lathered up like crazy, so I expected good things, but found that my hair kind of stuck together ( I have should length hair, not too long) while I was rinsing it. The conditioner helped this a tiny bit, but I still had major problems getting a comb through my hair. I tried this shampoo for a week and found that it mad emy hair dry and staticy. I wonīt be buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by SkinCare9

Makes my hair super soft. I have dry hair and I use this along with the matching conditoner.

Works well, but I hate the texture of it.
It doesn't lather/foam/sud up much but at least it works.

Worth a try!
Smells O.K.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Rebiaaurora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The important thing about this shampoo is that it very gentle and light, so it may not work well if you use a lot of styling products in your hair (I use none at all).
For me, this shampoo is really great. I've been on the conditioner only method for about a year, and during this time I've also had this shampoo in travel size. During the periods that I've used the shampoo regularly my hair has aqcuired a wonderful sort of… softness. It has felt fluffy and soft and thick. If that makes sense.
I mostly used it while doing castor oil treatment – so for a long time I was sure that it was the castor oil doing it. But then I used the shampoo alone for about 1-2 weeks, and the fluffiness returned.
So now I've actually bought a full size bottle of it and am quitting CO. The only difference is that I need to wash my hair more often, while on CO I washed it less than once a week, now I wash it twice a week. But that's okay, since washing with shampoo is much quicker than CO.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2012 4:21:00 AM More reviews by kbuckm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this on a whim to be ecologically friendly; I chose the Moisture shampoo and conditioner because of my curly hair (3a/some 2c). It was alright, not an extraordinary shampoo, but it never gave me bad hair days.It doesn't lather much, 'cause it's a more natural shampoo, but I quickly got used to that.. My hair never felt dry, so that's good, at least. Perhaps I expected too much from this product. Anyway, I won't repurchase this immediately since I wish to try other products , bur I would buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Gloryfades240

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is likely the worst shampoo I have ever used. I might as well of skipped washing my hair altogether. My hair is not picky at all, I will use pretty much whatever shampoo and conditioner and be fine with it. My hair was left feeling greasy, staticy and tangly, plus it made my scalp itch like crazy. It felt really unmanageable and just unappealing. I am so glad that I only received a sample of this and didn't pay for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by lunastella3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Iīm trying to go semi no-poo (aka CG method) because I have 3a super dry frizzy, long hair. So, Iīm avoiding sulphates and sufractants. I bought this shampoo, along with the conditioner because itīs the only decent organic shampoo I thought I could trust. So far, so good. I donīt like the smell (liquorish perhaps) but itīs not overpowering. If you get your hair soaking wet and you mix the shampoo in your hands with some water you can get a decent lather and feel clean. I donīt find this shampoo especially drying, but not especially moisturizing, which is bad because itīs called Rainforest moisture (2 lippies lost for that). The ingredient list is very satisfactory and I think this might work if you avoid īcones. Those arenīt easy to get rid of and youīre going to need a normal shampoo or even a clarifying one. The package is ok. I find it pricey because I have really long hair and lots of it so it takes a handfull of shampoo to clean my hair, but if you have a normal amount of hair haha the price is reasonable. It doesnīt weigh my locks down, and it doesnīt make my scalp oily or itchy. Itīs a good product if you are not over sensitive to smell and if you donīt wear īcones. And well if you are eco-friendly as me this is just great.