April 18, 2014 | 1355 users online

Shampoo - Alterna - Bamboo smooth anti frizz

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by kjmakeupaddict

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

OHMYGOD I looove this so much! I have wavy, long and really fine hair that's prone to frizz, split ends and DULLNESS. Oh yes, my hair is never shiny. Never. I have tried so many produtcts to tame frizz and make my hair look shiny and healthy. Error. Nothing has worked so far. I first used the Bamboo Luminous Shine collection and it worked really well!! My hair looked a bit shiny and was soft but it was somehow undernourished... So when my friend offered me some samples I took them. I used the shampoo&conditioner without anything else as I wanted to see how it performed without added products (I normally use leave in-conditioner, a hair oil and a split end serum)..and WOW! my hair was oh so soft, really shiny (I couldn't stop checking if it was actually MY hair!) and my split ends (I get them all the time, even 1 week after a trim!) were much less noticeable. I am more than happy with this and will definitely buy the full size once the Luminous Shine stuff is empty! Try it, you won't be disappointed! Also love the bottle design and the twist/squeeze bottles!
Oh and btw, if you add the Kendi Oil Treatment your hair will look EVEN shinier and healthier! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by AMMC

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recieved in a swap so I cannot comment on price. This weighed my hair down more & made it dull/greasy then it did from my frizz. While using this shampoo, my hair seemed to always have some sort of coating to it. The bamboo shape of the bottle was cute, but the top is made where when you get to the end of the product, it is hard to have it come out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2012 3:31:00 AM More reviews by hrhirene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got this as a sample at Sephora and decided to give it a try. I really have no strong feelings on this shampoo one way or the other. It has quite a nice, inoffensive smell that I enjoyed greatly, and I like that it's sulfate-free. However, I didn't notice anything miraculous or even particularly notable. My hair is short (chin length) and was already fairly shiny and healthy, despite being colored. I suspect over time it would weigh my hair down slightly, but then again this isn't exactly formulated for my hair type, so not really anyone's fault.

I did like that it lathered easily and well (yay!) unlike some of the other sulfate-free shampoos I have tried, and seemed to leave my scalp feeling clean for the life of the sample (around 3 shampoos.) IMO, not quite enough time to really get a feel for it. It is important to note that, during that time, my hair and scalp felt clean, which is something I've lacked with other sulfate-frees.

The sample did its job and acted as a gateway to Alterna for me... I decided to try some of the other shampoo/conditioners and am hoping they will work out!

If this is something that you think will work for your hair type I'd definitely give it a whirl... not really for finer, naturally a bit limper (particularly on day 2) short fairly frizz-free hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by km1704

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

EDIT: I stopped using this and went back to Moroccan oil shampoo. I just found that it wasn't really doing anything for me -- if anything it's been drying out my hair or making it more fly-away... can't put my finger on it. Glad I only bought the travel sized bottles.

I got this as a sample from sephora once (with conditioner and serum). I don't usually use sample shampoos but I was going on a trip and could only bring a small amount of shampoo/conditioner/serum with me on-board the plane. I normally use Moroccan oil (moisturizing conditioner/shampoo and deep conditioning treatment) but after annoyingly buying a fresh bottle of shampoo after running out, I'm not so sure anymore if Moroccan oil shampoo is for me. I loved it at first but i feel as though my hair almost needs a break from it now... Anyway this shampoo came at the perfect time and I may alternate between the two from now on.
I love the smell the most - i think that is the main reason i'm hooked on this. it also makes my hair soft and shiny (i wash it 2.5 times a week and blowdry/flat iron - my hair is naturally curly and not too, too processed with color, but it gets damaged easily)...
I will go out and buy this stuff bc of the smell and i think it'll be nice to switch back and forth with the moroccan oil. will edit this review after multiple uses to see how it holds up over time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by louloupgarou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shampoo (with the Bamboo smooth anti frizz conditioner) saved my hair during a really difficult time. A year and a half ago, due to a prescription medication, I started losing my hair and it continued until half was gone. What I did left have turned frizzy, dull, and it lost a lot of its color..totally dead hair.

I did a lot of research - I wanted to go with a sulfate free shampoo because of how stripping the sulfates can be. This shampoo seemed to promise to deliver what I wanted. My mom gave me a few bottles on a trip to visit me and when I left her hotel, I ran home and washed my hair immediately! When I saw her later she commented that my hair looked a lot better - and it did. I have been using this product for 7 months now. My hair has grown out a lot and I've cut most of the dead stuff off now. I could go for something else... frankly, I want a change. But during that time where I was desperate, I can't think of a better shampoo for dull, frizzy scary hair. I plan to always keep a bottle of this in my shower.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I wonder how thick and dry the hair of the previous reviewers' is since this did absolutely NOTHING for mine. It simply doesn't moisturize and de-frizz my hair any better than a drugstore product even though it's 3x the price. It smells nice, and I like the twist-cap bottle, but the shampoo and conditioner themselves are overpriced and useless *for me*. If you have finer, thinner, normal hair this might be fine for you but it's definitely NOT for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Sour

This is my HG shampoo, I've purchased it twice already and would totally do so for a third time. I was first attracted to it because I wanted to experiment with a sulfate-free shampoo. This product basically does what it says it will do, make your hair smooth and frizz free. I'd rather pay for a quality product rather than put chemicals in my hair from drugstore shampoos. No more brittleness and dry hair for me. And it doesn't even make my hair go greasy because its not stripping it and making it go into sebum overdrive. I'm very happy my hair dresser introduced me to this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2011 3:17:00 AM More reviews by kittybearchiyo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I received this as a sample pack of the shampoo and conditioner at Sephora.

This was my first experience with a sulfate-free shampoo. I was very pleasantly surprised; I did not need to use much at all, and actually used a smaller amount than I usually do with my badforyou sulfate shampoo. There is a little pleasant foaming, with none of the stripping feeling.

I was worried about two things when it comes to sulfate-free shampoos; one being how clean they get my hair, and also that I would end up using too much to compensate for the lack of foaming. My hair feels very clean and smooth, and there was just enough foam to satisfy me and keep me from piling it on. :)

The scent is lovely. It smells very clean, natural, and does not linger too much once your hair is dry (I don't want it to compete with any other scented perfumes/products I use later) but still smells nice and makes the shower enjoyable.

Just let my hair air dry an immediately noticed how much shinier it looks.

I do love this shampoo and the conditioner. It's so expensive that I'm not sure about buying an actual bottle, but it I get some extra money soon, I'll definitely be buying it as a treat for my hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by gurlypowa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

even though i will not buy this again, im giving this shampoo a 4 star rating because it is very good, and it does what it promises - elimiates frizz! i have terrible hair, its crinkley course, fine, flat, dull, frizzy, lifeless. (if you didn't think you could have fine and coarse hair at the same time, u haven't seen mine haha). despite it's appearance i still keep my hair long to my waist, just because i love the look of long hair!

i saw this at my salon and bought it for $28 for 8oz, at my salon. it was pricey but reading the other reviews i decided to try it. it was way better than the one i had been using (Nioxin, which i used to combat hair thinning, but it really dried out my hair). it delivered as promised - it really cut down on the frizz. it also smelled amazing... without a doubt the best smelling shampoo i've ever used.

unfortunately i needed something MUCH more volumizing, and MUCH more moisturising. i was very pleased with the product otherwise, so i decided to stick with the brand and try Alterna's Science of 10 shampoo...which is even more expensive than this one. the Science of 10 is my HG shampoo, it definately delievered. i can't believe it solved ALL my hair problems :o)

if the only problem you have is frizziness, i would highly recommend the alterna anti fizz shampoo. if you have extremily problematic hair like mine, that needs extra extra special care, (providing you can afford the price tag, it's something like $60 for 8oz) id suggest Science of 10. read my review on that one :o).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by peepeepod

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This shampoo contains no irritating ingrediants or SLS, Lately, I've been avoiding SLS, Sodium Chloride and other chemicals because my hair is fine/fragile. This brings my hair back to life and even makes it easier to style. Even though its not a bodying shampoo, it seems to give my hair more body, less frizz..what more could I want. Plus, my scalp feels healthy, no itchies, no oilies, makes it easier to comb even with using a very light conditioner. Sure, it's pricey but worth it...I can't wait to try some other Alterna Sulfate Free Shampoos as well as other products.