September 2, 2014 | 1790 users online

Palettes - E.L.F. - 32 Piece Eyeshadow Collection

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by chantelz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

STAY AWAY!!! I've been hearing great things about the E.L.F brand for years. I stocked up on 2 palettes, liquid eyeliner, & the brow gel duo. Surprisingly, I was disappointed with ALL of my purchases! On the topic of this palette...the colors were nice- some shimmery & some matte (smokey eye combos are definitely do-able with this palette). I have oily lids, so I applied my primers (Tarte & UDPP) & went to work on my smokey eye. I have medium brown skin & found that the colors took about 3-4 layers to even show! I had to layer 3 different pinks in order to get a pink that was visible! (The black eyeshadow was awesome, though.) To make a long story short, I finally achieved a shimmery smokey eye & went out. By the 2hr mark, I saw creasing. By the 5hr mark, I saw the shadow disappearing. By the 9hr mark, there was a big empty space on my eyelid lmao! For $5 I guess this is great for people with lighter complexions and dry eyelids...this definitely did not work for me or friends that have tried it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by pinkcupcakee

ELF eyeshadows are always super cheap and very pigmented. I have the 32 piece eyeshadow palette in the shade "Warm" which is a bunch of neutrals. You could probably find every single Urban Decay's Naked palette colors in here and a lot more, for a fraction of the price.
Some are matte, some are shimmery. I think it should have more highlighting colors though. It is very cheap, and the packaging is black and bulky as usual. One of the eyeshadow pans fell out and broke during the airplane ride though. Oh, and this is great of travel.
This is super cheap and a great buy so you should try it!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

I have the bright colored one and I have to say that I really like it.The colors are truly bright primer or not.It has a dark glittery black that is truly out of this world.The few dark colors for the most part are not the greatest but the other colors totally make up for that.THE palette comes with shadows that have a mix of finishes,For 5 dollars it certainly is worth the cash..

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by lilmebigsmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have the one w/the brighter colors and love it! Urban Decay has them for only $5 and I bought it for myself and another for gifting-since then almost everyone I've showed them to has begged for the gift one-lol! Alas, I already have someone in mind. But as for wear, I don't use primer and I wore it over this Memorial Day weekend. I used a mix of the aqua shades and wore them all day in the sun, while hiking out in eastern WA...then wore it on the road trip home. It still looked great (a little creased in the lids). I actually had forgotten I was wearing it till my husband asked if I wanted green eyes on my pillow and reminded me to wash my face LOL. So I'd say it stayed on pretty well ;)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I received the palette with cool and neutral colors as a Christmas gift a few months ago. I have also used the Endless Eyes Pro Palette that has 100 colors, but I was very disappointed with that one. This 32-color palette or Endless Eyes Mini Pro Palette, however, turns my impression around, especially for its retail price.

Unlike its larger counterpart, nearly all of the colors in this palette are much softer to the touch and are more pigmented and ergonomic. For those who have not tried out the 100-pan palette, about half of the colors required scraping work to get any pigment out of their pans. Whereas this one, I would say most of the colors are a joy to apply. The only shades that I had the most trouble applying were the darker shades that made up the right side of the palette; this is where the pigmentation and ease of ease falters.

Particularly, it was the darkest neutral shades that were the most trouble applying, as these were either chalky in texture or would require scraping/scratching/scoring just to get a little pigment out of the pan. The application of the blacks and greens was also very sheer and harder to build intensity compared to the darkest blues and greens.

I myself will not be repurchasing this palette because I am in need of well-pigmented shades that don't break wallets. However, if you are on a budget and are looking for a good cool palette, I would still recommend this as most of the colors are still very good for what you pay. One work-around for this palette if you have problems applying any of the colors, especially the darker ones, is to apply them using wet-on-wet techniques and to definitely use primers and eyeshadow bases underneath these.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Lori1985

My picture is the bright one with the bright greens and pinks. Anyway, I received this palette from ELF for free as part of their leap year free mystery box. First of all, yes, ELF shadows are chalky and do not apply pigmented or stay on if you do not know how to apply eyeshadow. If you want to purchase cheaper brands, you have to get used to having to work a little harder to use them. In order to get pigmented, long lasting color out of this palette you have to do the following: Apply shadow while primer is still wet and tacky. Primer is a MUST. If you don't have a primer, a sticky concealer will work. Second, use a fluffy soft brush, not a sponge. Take a water bottle and make the brush damp before patting in the palette. Then dab and pack on the color. This palette will work totally different for you if you do those steps. The greens and especially pigmented in this palette. There is a lot of sparkle but there are a few mattes in there as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by saintsrow3luver

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this palette i fell in love with!!! The colors are gorgeous and i can assure you that this will give you long lasting color on your eyelids. The colors swipe on smoothly and vibrant:) and they have a creamy texture to the touch!! I love love this product:) here is a tip: to make the colors even more vibrant, use the e.l.f eyeshadow primer to really make the true color pop out!!! Great!! The packaging it comes in is so cute!!! Its black on the outside with little girly decals:D the palette itself is so attractive!!! Damn right i would definitly buy this palette over and over again for the rest of my life!!! Huge e.l.f fan by the way!!! This is even better then the coastol scents palette!! And its so cheap!!! Five bucks! you can never go wrong with this product!luv luv luv it!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2012 3:18:00 AM More reviews by GlitterGirlie09

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These colors are very pigmented, however the second you put them on they seem to fall right off. I would probably not repurchase it. It is more like play makeup I would give to my little 8 year old sister to have and play with. I'm not very crazy about it. However there are 32 eyeshadows in them, and if you have the right eye primer they will stay on for most of the day. So you just need to be careful about that. But over all. This is NOT an amazing product. If your looking for pigmentation its GREAT. But other then that unless you have a very high quality amazing primer. It will do nothing for you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 2:27:00 AM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got the 'warm' version as a gift. I was a bit put out because I'm very cool toned. However there are still a few shadows that I can get away with. There's a taupe shade in particular that works really well for me and is fast becoming one of my favourite shadows ever. Of course, the quality is not the best but paired with a primer I think they come out pretty decent. I know I'll never use the majority of them, but the ones I am using, I enjoy a lot.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by rlmazzo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have the 32 WARM palette that was sold for the holidays, NOT the one pictured. My palette has more warm/neutral colors. I got mine at Target for $3.50, so I'm not going to bother to write a long review. Just go buy the damn thing, it's excellent for the price. I have tried nearly all the colors, pigmentation is very good if you really dig in and get some on your brush. Staying power is also really good. They are not the most blendable, and a little chalky, but overall pretty darn good. Everyone should buy this IMO, if you like more expensive brands, this palette is good for trying out colors you are thinking about trying. And if you like drugstore brands, this is way better than any drugstore brand I have tried. My Target had tons on sale, so I may go back and buy a bunch to hold for swaps, but this does NOT bias my reivew, I really like this! If you can get your hands on one, you should! :)
I will try to post a pic of the colors if I can get my card reader to work, but they are mostly plums, browns, peaches and a grey or two. Some light shimmer, some matte.