October 25, 2014 | 897 users online

Palettes - E.L.F. - 32 Piece Eyeshadow Collection

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2012 8:20:00 AM More reviews by AmyK2005

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the 32 WARM palette. I've had this for several months now. Overall, it is a pretty decent palette. With getting 32 eyeshadows for 5 bucks, I knew going in that not every single one would be good. And I was correct--a few of the very matte colors literally do not swatch at all. As for the others, some are more pigmented and blendable than others. But the ones that are pigmented and blendable are just stunning. The taupes in the top row and the burgundys in the third row are especially good and there are several decent browns of varying finishes scattered throughout that are really nice. I am not super impressed with any of the highlight shades although the shimmery pink in the first spot of the third row is a wonderful lighter color.

This review is for the 32 COOL palette.
Again, 5 bucks for 32 e/s means not all of them are gonna be rockstars, but this cool palette has better quality shadows in my opinion than the warm palette. I would probably rate this one a 4. The top row of greens/teals is AMAZING--they are buttery, so pigmented and gorgeous finishes. The row of grays is pretty good too--there are a couple grays that have a gold or super sparkly glitter in them that make 'em unique. The bottom row of golds and coppers is good quality, but I rarely go for those because I don't think they flatter my skin tone all that well. Really, the only duds in this palette are the couple purple/violet colors. They just don't have much pigmentation.

I do not regret purchasing these and I probably use at least one shadow from one of these palettes most days. The packaging is kinda crummy; sometimes I feel like I might break a nail trying to pry it open, lol. But each of these are definitely worth the 5 bucks.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by emmainfinite

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is just such a good deal. There are so many shades for the price I paid. I have the warm/neutral one that I use a few times a week because it is so casual for the day time. However, it doesnt last very long unless I used a good primer underneath. The packaging broke quickly but it's still useable. Good product!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by chantelz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

STAY AWAY!!! I've been hearing great things about the E.L.F brand for years. I stocked up on 2 palettes, liquid eyeliner, & the brow gel duo. Surprisingly, I was disappointed with ALL of my purchases! On the topic of this palette...the colors were nice- some shimmery & some matte (smokey eye combos are definitely do-able with this palette). I have oily lids, so I applied my primers (Tarte & UDPP) & went to work on my smokey eye. I have medium brown skin & found that the colors took about 3-4 layers to even show! I had to layer 3 different pinks in order to get a pink that was visible! (The black eyeshadow was awesome, though.) To make a long story short, I finally achieved a shimmery smokey eye & went out. By the 2hr mark, I saw creasing. By the 5hr mark, I saw the shadow disappearing. By the 9hr mark, there was a big empty space on my eyelid lmao! For $5 I guess this is great for people with lighter complexions and dry eyelids...this definitely did not work for me or friends that have tried it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by pinkcupcakee

ELF eyeshadows are always super cheap and very pigmented. I have the 32 piece eyeshadow palette in the shade "Warm" which is a bunch of neutrals. You could probably find every single Urban Decay's Naked palette colors in here and a lot more, for a fraction of the price.
Some are matte, some are shimmery. I think it should have more highlighting colors though. It is very cheap, and the packaging is black and bulky as usual. One of the eyeshadow pans fell out and broke during the airplane ride though. Oh, and this is great of travel.
This is super cheap and a great buy so you should try it!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

I have the bright colored one and I have to say that I really like it.The colors are truly bright primer or not.It has a dark glittery black that is truly out of this world.The few dark colors for the most part are not the greatest but the other colors totally make up for that.THE palette comes with shadows that have a mix of finishes,For 5 dollars it certainly is worth the cash..

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by lilmebigsmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have the one w/the brighter colors and love it! Urban Decay has them for only $5 and I bought it for myself and another for gifting-since then almost everyone I've showed them to has begged for the gift one-lol! Alas, I already have someone in mind. But as for wear, I don't use primer and I wore it over this Memorial Day weekend. I used a mix of the aqua shades and wore them all day in the sun, while hiking out in eastern WA...then wore it on the road trip home. It still looked great (a little creased in the lids). I actually had forgotten I was wearing it till my husband asked if I wanted green eyes on my pillow and reminded me to wash my face LOL. So I'd say it stayed on pretty well ;)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I received the palette with cool and neutral colors as a Christmas gift a few months ago. I have also used the Endless Eyes Pro Palette that has 100 colors, but I was very disappointed with that one. This 32-color palette or Endless Eyes Mini Pro Palette, however, turns my impression around, especially for its retail price.

Unlike its larger counterpart, nearly all of the colors in this palette are much softer to the touch and are more pigmented and ergonomic. For those who have not tried out the 100-pan palette, about half of the colors required scraping work to get any pigment out of their pans. Whereas this one, I would say most of the colors are a joy to apply. The only shades that I had the most trouble applying were the darker shades that made up the right side of the palette; this is where the pigmentation and ease of ease falters.

Particularly, it was the darkest neutral shades that were the most trouble applying, as these were either chalky in texture or would require scraping/scratching/scoring just to get a little pigment out of the pan. The application of the blacks and greens was also very sheer and harder to build intensity compared to the darkest blues and greens.

I myself will not be repurchasing this palette because I am in need of well-pigmented shades that don't break wallets. However, if you are on a budget and are looking for a good cool palette, I would still recommend this as most of the colors are still very good for what you pay. One work-around for this palette if you have problems applying any of the colors, especially the darker ones, is to apply them using wet-on-wet techniques and to definitely use primers and eyeshadow bases underneath these.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Lori1985

My picture is the bright one with the bright greens and pinks. Anyway, I received this palette from ELF for free as part of their leap year free mystery box. First of all, yes, ELF shadows are chalky and do not apply pigmented or stay on if you do not know how to apply eyeshadow. If you want to purchase cheaper brands, you have to get used to having to work a little harder to use them. In order to get pigmented, long lasting color out of this palette you have to do the following: Apply shadow while primer is still wet and tacky. Primer is a MUST. If you don't have a primer, a sticky concealer will work. Second, use a fluffy soft brush, not a sponge. Take a water bottle and make the brush damp before patting in the palette. Then dab and pack on the color. This palette will work totally different for you if you do those steps. The greens and especially pigmented in this palette. There is a lot of sparkle but there are a few mattes in there as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by saintsrow3luver

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this palette i fell in love with!!! The colors are gorgeous and i can assure you that this will give you long lasting color on your eyelids. The colors swipe on smoothly and vibrant:) and they have a creamy texture to the touch!! I love love this product:) here is a tip: to make the colors even more vibrant, use the e.l.f eyeshadow primer to really make the true color pop out!!! Great!! The packaging it comes in is so cute!!! Its black on the outside with little girly decals:D the palette itself is so attractive!!! Damn right i would definitly buy this palette over and over again for the rest of my life!!! Huge e.l.f fan by the way!!! This is even better then the coastol scents palette!! And its so cheap!!! Five bucks! you can never go wrong with this product!luv luv luv it!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2012 3:18:00 AM More reviews by GlitterGirlie09

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These colors are very pigmented, however the second you put them on they seem to fall right off. I would probably not repurchase it. It is more like play makeup I would give to my little 8 year old sister to have and play with. I'm not very crazy about it. However there are 32 eyeshadows in them, and if you have the right eye primer they will stay on for most of the day. So you just need to be careful about that. But over all. This is NOT an amazing product. If your looking for pigmentation its GREAT. But other then that unless you have a very high quality amazing primer. It will do nothing for you.