April 19, 2014 | 1710 users online

Liquid - Max Factor - Xperience Weightless Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2012 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Tigris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

My first impression is that this is a very good 'cheap' foundation. I've never been a fan of Max Factor foundations because it's rarely lightweight, but this one actually is.

It feels good to apply it on my face and it blends in perfectly (shade 55, maybe a bit too dark).

Did not break me out more than expected (when trying a new product).

I only had samples, but I might buy the full size as the coverage was very good.

Only con was that it dried me out a bit on my cheeks.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2012 9:25:00 AM More reviews by kafee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the shade Fair sugar cane 55 and this was the first foundation I actually bought. I've had this for over a year now, and rarely touch it after a few tries. I find that the texture is not smoothe on my face, but rather dry and almost powdery against my skin. The shade was also the wrong choice for me, and found that it was way too light when I tried it at home. I would say that this foundation isn't for people with warm undertone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 10:23:00 AM More reviews by tianamae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my go to foundation, it is (in my opinion) the best drugstore foundation available. The coverage is medium-full yet it feels like you're wearing nothing at all on your face. It doesn't clog pores or cause any irritation or breakouts. This foundation set with a light dusting of mineral powder (i use nude by nature for a little extra coverage) is all you need for a long lasting flawless look. The only problem I have with this is that it is really expensive ($36.50 AUD) however there was a sale a couple of weeks ago at my drugstore and I stocked up (they were only $10 at the time!)
Overall I recommend this foundation to everyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2012 5:18:00 AM More reviews by Nikky612

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The packaging is okay, a squeeze bottle and cap
I'm a max factor fan and id have to say this is there best foundation
PROS:
- SPF 15
- very light weight
- does not clog pores
- makes the skin look better (unbelievable i know, but after i take this foundation off my skin looks like ive had a facial)
- buildable
- very good on dry patches
CONS
- the lightest shade is a bit dark for my skin but with a lot of blending its good
- starts to fade after about 4 hours (without powder or primer etc)
- pricey for a drug store brand

Overall a very good foundation, would repurchase, very good on my dry skin but the colour isnt ecaxtly for me so this is usually my summer foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by mya2403

disgusted with this foundation. Initially soapstone was a good match for my Nw35 skin. However within three hours it oxidized terribly made me look greasy and patchy. However the worst part was the condition it left my face in. A huge rash all over my face with loads of spots literally everywhere I used this. Two days later my skin is still spotty and sensitive. Waste of 12.00 pounds. Will never reccomendation to anyone or buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by keivasaurus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really liked this product because first off, max factor included a really pale shade ( light ivory) yay. The downfall - Its pink toned like all their foundations. This foundation retails about 10 and it smells nice, it has SPF and its in a squeezy tube (sanitary). It does give really great coverage, its hydrating for dry skin. But alas it seems max factor just love pink foundations. I cant wear them! Gah. If you are cool-toned give this a try though.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by x0livia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I used this foundation for quite a while- it was one of the first I tried and I kept going back to it. I used it in 45 Raw Silk, and it really did feel like silk. It's quite a light coverage, but rarely getting spots myself this wasn't too much of a problem. It goes on easily and quickly, and doesn't look too 'make up'-y.
Problems I encountered with this product were:
-having an oily t-zone, I found this product would 'melt' quite quickly around my nose and become shiny around my forehead, nose and even cheeks after a few hours - even when set with powder. It just doesn't last long enough if you tend to get a shine to your face.
-oxidisation. This product was the perfect colour for my skin when first applied, but after 2 hours or so it would turn significantly darker and leave my face looking orange, quite unlike it had in the morning.

the problems I had with this product do mean I stopped using it, as there are far better products out there, but I did stick with it for quite a while as I loved the weightless feel and at only 10 pounds it's quite cheap.

I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a natural coverage that makes your skin look really nice - unless you have oily/combination skin as it just isn't our product!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2012 3:32:00 AM More reviews by juliet1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've recently taken a sabbatical in order to go back to full time study for a year, and given that I won't be earning for a while I decided to 'downgrade' my makeup products and hunt out some good budget options. I read some great reviews on the Boots uk website for this foundation and given that the price was really reasonable decided to give it a shot. Sadly, for me, the results are pretty much proof that you can save on a lot of items (mascara, lipstick, blush etc), but as far as foundation is concerned you get what you pay for. This foundation blends pretty well and I love the simple, sanitary tube packaging, but those are the only good points I've noticed. The bad: Firstly, the smell. There is a strong, chemical, aftershave - like smell and I couldn't stand it, it just smelled like it would be awful for my skin and I could smell it ll day. When I washed my face at night after using this product I had several little rash - like pimples and I think this might have caused it. Secondly, I couldn't find a shade to suit me, which is unusual. I find that a lot of cheaper foundation formulas as too pink toned, and this is no exception. The closest I could find for my NW 15 - 20 skin is the shade Raw Silk, but the salmony undertone once on did nothing for me. The colour also oxidises within the hour. Finally, the texture. The product blends well over the skin, but once it's blended it just sits there and although the coverage is light - medium (it didn't really cover any flaws) it looks pretty unnatural and it's obvious that you're wearing makeup. This foundation also tended to wear off in patches so that by the end of the day there was basically nothing left on the oilier areas of my skin, while it looked dry and cakey on the cheeks. To summarise, this is really no different to most of the lower end foundations on the market - I find it similar in quality to Rimmel foundations etc. I'm 30 and although I have pretty good skin for my age I feel that I probably need a nice quality product to look my best. This is now in the bin and I have gone back to my lovely Clinique Perfectly Real despite the fact that it's more than twice the price, because in my opinion it's 100 times better.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2012 5:04:00 AM More reviews by ugnyteaaa16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At first I kinda liked this foundation- it slides wonderfully on my skin, gives moderate coverage, feels really light and so on, but when I removed it from my face in the evening...OMG, I had zits and pimples all over my face!! I have never broken out so badly before and I usually don't have sensitive skin;/ And surprisingly, all pimples were gone when I stopped using this foundation:o
So my advice- be careful with it, if it doesn't make you break out, then you're lucky, but if you do like me..throw it right away!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Florallle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Max Factor Xperience Weightless Foundation is part of my everyday make-up routine. I have naturally quite dry skin and especially in winter when it get's flakey because of the bitter wind! It covers the skin evenly and covers most blemishes on the face.

It can sometimes look a bit dewy so you may want to blot with a light powder if you have greasy skin.

It blends really well leaving no streak lines, I find it best applied with a make-up brush. It lasts me 3-4 months, I feel it's very good for it's value!