Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover Lotion - Hydrating

3.5

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Hexylene Glycol, Sorbitan Stearate, Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Cetearyl Alcohol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sucrose Cocoate, Propylene Glycol, Cucumber Fruit Extract Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Disodium Edta, Sodium Hydroxide, Propylparaben, Methylparaben

on 8/6/2013 8:23:00 AM

I like to use this. It did not burn my eye at all even I was using it to clean my inner eyeliner. it took a bit time and product to completely clean the mascara but it is fine with me with its price range. It hydrate and did not irritate my eye. I will definitely buy it again

on 8/1/2013 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Excellent product. This is a translucent white, fragrance free lotion in a hygienic squeeze tube that effectively removes all eye and face mu without irritating my sensitive, oily, acne prone skin (and rosacea, yes, I have every problem under the sun). It left my skin feeling soft, comfortable and hydrated w/o any greasy or suffocating feeling, and did an excellent job of lifting and dissolving all mu (2-3 coats of L'Oreal Voluminous, non-waterproof), ColorStay eyeliner, eyeshadow, ss, and foundation).

It gave me the slight watery/cooling feeling one gets w/ a cold cream, but there is def. no annoying or irritating menthol or anything like that, and no oiliness. In other words, more of a cold cream feeling than an Albolene or MO feeling, but w/o oil (cold cream is an oil in water emulsion, or water in oil, can't remember which, and the water gives it a slight cooling sensation, hence the name "cold cream"). Another plus: no icky jar you have to keep sticking your fingers into.

I squeeze out about a dime sized dollop, smear all over my face, rub around on the lashes, then tissue off all eye and face mu. You do need to rub your lashes to work the product in and dissolve the mu, but using very little effort and no pressure. The product has a high "slip factor," so it's more like you're gliding your fingers around and "mixing." If I'm feeling lazy I have just skipped right to a toner w/o also washing my face w/ a cleanser, and I had no problems. I've also used this to remove mu, then just splashed my face w/ warm water and toweled dry. That worked fine too, except that I'm so oily I prefer to use some kind of cleanser as well most days. You could even use this as a lotion cleanser if you don't wear mu.

This does contain the now-ubiquitous cyclopentasiloxane, which doesn't agree w/ some people's skin, but my skin seems fine w/ it. Price is a little high for 3 oz. ($6.97 at Walmart), but surprisingly I don't need to use a lot. Overall, I think Neutrogena got it 100% right with this product.

on 5/9/2013 10:29:00 AM

Review based on one coat of regular (not waterproof) mascara, long-wearing eyeliner on top lid only, primer, and eye shadow (day/office-appropriate look).

This product removes eye shadow without too much effort. However, it is not very effective with mascara and eyeliner. It takes 2 or 3 applications and those products are still not gone. This would be a nightmare with heavy eye makeup. I have not tried it with waterproof mascara.

Unlike others, I didn't have any issues with it stinging and it doesn't leave much of an oily residue.

There are much better products on the market at all price points, including the Neutrogena Oil-Free liquid.

on 3/27/2013 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I bought this EMU to as an alternative to liquid EMUs. This one has a barely noticeable scent which is clean but not soapy smelling. The lotion"s creaminess is not too light and not too thick. It does a good job of getting almost all of my eye makeup off (I do not use waterproof mascara). It feels soothing and moisturizing, which I like; but I'd prefer that it remove ALL the eye makeup. It's not as good as Bioderma Crealine or the Lancome Eau Fraiche Doucer Micellar Cleansing Water, but it does a decent job. I like the flip top cap and squeezable plastic tube so I can get most of the product out.

on 2/15/2013 3:31:00 PM

This stuff is great! i love the lotiony texture, and a little goes a long way. it can sting the eyes, but i have yet to find one that doesnt.

on 1/3/2013 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Very, very similar to the Clinique naturally gentle eye Makeup remover!! You will have to use it twice to remove all the traces of mascara, eyeshadow and concealer, BUT this will keep your eye area hydrated and not irritated...

Takes a little more time to use cause of that but I think it's worth that extra minute.

Recommended! :D

on 12/28/2012 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I like this product. Their other oil-free liquid stings my eyes and leaves me feeling greasy.

A little goes a long way. It took minimal effort to get my waterproof mascara (which I slept in overnight) off. My eyes feel somewhat hydrated. The only reasons I gave it four stars instead of 5 is first, because I'm greedy and wish the bottle was bigger for the price. Second, if you use a little too much you'll get that clouded pupil effect for a minute or two.

on 12/16/2012 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

i HATE this product. Bought it for around 6 dollars? It doesn't remove my makeup and it really burns the skin around my eyes. It made my skin around my eyes so dry. So much for being "hydrating". The product did last awhile though and of course after buying it i used it until it was done. I now use Ponds Cold Cream Cleanser/Makeup remover and it gets the job done without burning my eyes. Plus it's cheaper. Will not be buying this one again..

on 9/1/2012 4:20:00 PM

I ADORE this product. I do'nt wear waterproof mascara, but I still use this to remove my regular mascara. I take my shower and come out looking like a raccoon. Then I apply a bit of this underneath each eye and wipe it off with tissue paper. I love this much better than the neutrogena makeup removing wipes. Those irritate my eye area. I only use them for face makeup. Since it is a lotion , it is much more soothing than rubbing a wipe on your eye or using an liquid. Wonderful product especially for sensitive skin.

on 7/24/2012 2:56:00 AM

Really like the cool temperature of this product as it goes on, feels like its soothing and refreshing my tired makeuped dirty eyes. Love the turqoise metallic blue colour of the tube. It's a bit expensive, but now I am liking the lotion removers better than the transparent liquid. To me it feels more nourishing - a nice treat for my icky heavily made up eyes at the end of a long day. I do not wear waterproof mascara, but wear a lot of eyemakeup usually. Like the control of the tube. Will repurchase.