November 20, 2014 | 2021 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Neutrogena - Eye Makeup Remover Lotion - Hydrating

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this EMU to as an alternative to liquid EMUs. This one has a barely noticeable scent which is clean but not soapy smelling. The lotion"s creaminess is not too light and not too thick. It does a good job of getting almost all of my eye makeup off (I do not use waterproof mascara). It feels soothing and moisturizing, which I like; but I'd prefer that it remove ALL the eye makeup. It's not as good as Bioderma Crealine or the Lancome Eau Fraiche Doucer Micellar Cleansing Water, but it does a decent job. I like the flip top cap and squeezable plastic tube so I can get most of the product out.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by arkindt

This stuff is great! i love the lotiony texture, and a little goes a long way. it can sting the eyes, but i have yet to find one that doesnt.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

Very, very similar to the Clinique naturally gentle eye Makeup remover!! You will have to use it twice to remove all the traces of mascara, eyeshadow and concealer, BUT this will keep your eye area hydrated and not irritated...

Takes a little more time to use cause of that but I think it's worth that extra minute.

Recommended! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 10:21:00 AM More reviews by NaniRo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this product. Their other oil-free liquid stings my eyes and leaves me feeling greasy.

A little goes a long way. It took minimal effort to get my waterproof mascara (which I slept in overnight) off. My eyes feel somewhat hydrated. The only reasons I gave it four stars instead of 5 is first, because I'm greedy and wish the bottle was bigger for the price. Second, if you use a little too much you'll get that clouded pupil effect for a minute or two.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by violet5748

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i HATE this product. Bought it for around 6 dollars? It doesn't remove my makeup and it really burns the skin around my eyes. It made my skin around my eyes so dry. So much for being "hydrating". The product did last awhile though and of course after buying it i used it until it was done. I now use Ponds Cold Cream Cleanser/Makeup remover and it gets the job done without burning my eyes. Plus it's cheaper. Will not be buying this one again..

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by bopadoo

I ADORE this product. I do'nt wear waterproof mascara, but I still use this to remove my regular mascara. I take my shower and come out looking like a raccoon. Then I apply a bit of this underneath each eye and wipe it off with tissue paper. I love this much better than the neutrogena makeup removing wipes. Those irritate my eye area. I only use them for face makeup. Since it is a lotion , it is much more soothing than rubbing a wipe on your eye or using an liquid. Wonderful product especially for sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2012 2:56:00 AM More reviews by catty7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Really like the cool temperature of this product as it goes on, feels like its soothing and refreshing my tired makeuped dirty eyes. Love the turqoise metallic blue colour of the tube. It's a bit expensive, but now I am liking the lotion removers better than the transparent liquid. To me it feels more nourishing - a nice treat for my icky heavily made up eyes at the end of a long day. I do not wear waterproof mascara, but wear a lot of eyemakeup usually. Like the control of the tube. Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by makeupalias

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a good eye make-up remover for normal eye-makeup that doesn't sting or make your eyes feel raw afterwards. It's quite gentle and lovely except for very waterproof makeup. It doesn't make my eyelashes feel dry after which is nice :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I know I'm in the minority about this product but I found it to be absolutely terrible. I used this approximately thirty times before I gave up on it and gave it to my mom.

I used this to remove DiorShow waterproof mascara and eyeliner. It removed the eyeliner fine but it never quite removed all the mascara no matter how hard I tried. It also stung like the dickens and left my eyes red and bleary. It honestly didn't matter if I used a little product or a lot, I still got the same results. This is also rather pricey for a drug store brand, but that seems to be the norm with any product made by Neutrogena these days.

On the plus side, this remover is hydrating but I'd rather have a dry eye area that I can moisturize with eye cream afterwards than stinging eyes left with mascara residue.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2012 6:05:00 AM More reviews by katrabbit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great product for those on the go because of its portability and no-drip consistency (lotion/cream). I wear L'Oreal's Ombrelle Sunblock SPF 60 plus Relvon Colorstay Foundation for Dry/Normal Skin, Revlon Cream Blush, and Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer. It takes me about 2 washes of Neutrogena Makeup Remover to feel as though I've gotten rid of all the makeup on my face. I know this product is designed for the eyes but I bought it to remove makeup off my entire face. So I don't know how it fares for those that wear mascara, eyeshadows, or eyeliner. I bought it as an alternative to Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover because I had to travel and needed something that wasn't going to be liquid and make me worry if it has leaked all over my suitcase. I would say that compared to the liquid version, the lotion type is not as strong in terms of its ability to remove makeup in one go, but I'm quite satisfied that it does remove all of my makeup and like it says, it leaves my skin hydrated and not all tight or stripped of moisture.
You end up paying more for the lotion than the liquid type but when you have to travel or are looking for more of a lotion type makeup remover, then it's best to wait till it's on sale. Got mine on sale including all taxes for under $10 CDN ($9 something).
It did sting my eyes the first time but I guess my eyes got used to them. Even the first sting wasn't a burning one and no different than other face wash or makeup removers that sting the eyes at times. There is no notcieable scent that I recall and it's a white lotion/cream type consistency. It's 88ml, with a flip top tube type container and you simply squeeze out the product.
It's a definite repurchase for me once the current one finishes because compared to the liquid version I find that it's not as messy getting my makeup off and for me personally, I think I'm using less of the product than the liquid version especially since I take my makeup off in the shower. With the liquid one no matter how careful I am, there's always some that slips through my fingers and I end up wasting product. But with the lotion, even if I have to wash my face twice with it I find that I only use about the size of a 5 cent coin for the entire face each time so I end up not wasting any product. Like with all makeup removers I always follow with a facial cleanse with a cleanser geared towards washing the face to finish things off. Even in doing that my face doesn't feel tight or over stripped of moisture and I have very dry skin.