November 28, 2014 | 1066 users online

Mascara - Shiseido - Nourishing Mascara Base

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by roor84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate to bring ratings down but i have tried this for 2 weeks with different Mascara's and it just didnt do anything to my lashes! Compring it to the Dior Lash Maximizer, Dior wins biiiiiiig time. I exchanged mine for Dior.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by sherry628

I am totally into mascara primers because I will try anything to keep my dang curl! But from all the ones that I've tried, I always end up coming back to this one. Perhaps it's the lighweight gel consistency? It doesn't weigh my lashes down. It also dries rather quickly so depending on your mascara (wet or dry formula) you might have to change how quickly you apply your next coat. Shiseido did have a previous version, which worked just perfect for me, but I have no idea what else they've changed besides the packaging. I notice a difference, but nothing too drastic. I still love this to help my lashes get a little more volume and keep my curl.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2013 7:46:00 AM More reviews by poohlisey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved the old formula and it was my HG. This new one is nothing like the old one. With the old one my mascara is smudge proof and lashes are curled all day. This one makes my mascara smudge like crazy so I would not repurchase. I'm going to try Anna Sui's next as I heard it's as good as the old one.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Lynne3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wanted to try this because of the great reviews, even though PC doesn't agree. I absolutely love this product! Makes your mascara look thicker and your lashes look longer. Staying power is terrific. My eyes look as good by the evening as in the morning. Will not be without!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by beaniewienie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I never thought that using a mascara base was necessary. I layer a lengthening with a voluminzing mascara & I figured that would be the same thing, but it's not. I love this base. It's a clear gel that coats & separates my lashes. My mascara glides on over it with no clumping. When I curl my lashes (I curl them before I apply anything & then, yes I do, I re-curl them after I am sure that my mascara is dry. After warming my lash curler slightly on my flat iron.) they curl up so pretty! I love this base & it's something I didn't really have any faith in. I'm so glad I tried it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by izumilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I haven't tried too many mascara primers/bases but I do really like this one. It doesn't cover the lashes with white goop or fibres which are hard to cover, lengthens and thickens lashes, and holds a curl! Mascaras which normally weigh down my lashes, can be worn on top of this base! It doesn't enhance your lashes to the point that they look dramatic, but it does enhance the look of them and for Asian girls; it's a dream to be able to hold a curl! It also removes fairly easily too. As another reviewer said: apply mascara while the base is still wet/drying, when doing this it applies smoothly, allowing you to avoid clumping. It its a little expensive, but I only do a quick brush through my lashes and the formula/brush only deposits a small amount of formula, preventing wasted product. It also does not expire as quickly as mascara. I'm assuming that anyone can reap the benefits of this, but I think at the very least, it is a product worth checking out if you have Asian lashes that cannot hold a curl.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by chechi

I used to think mascara bases were a gimmick until I tried a lancome sample I received from Sephora... I loved it. I thought I would try this one because it's a clear base - I absolutely love the fact that it's clear; love how easily my mascara glides on my lashes and that my lashes look amazing with the base on. It is a bit difficult to remove (compared to the lancome version) but the Neutrogena or a drug store version of eye makeup remover should be sufficient.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by rebeccapang

beauty in a tube! I love this, gunna try the Japanese shiseido majolica next !

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by helloroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you have stick straight lashes or have trouble holding a curl all day (even with waterproof mascara) you need to get this. This lengthens, volumizes, and preps the lashes for all day wear. this does not provide a false eye lash effect but for me it gives me a natural better than my regular eyelashes look. an important tip: put on the mascara while the the nourishing base is still wet.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by Viclovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Holy grail product even with the killer price tag. Prevents smudging of mascara and maintains a beautiful curl all day and all night. Would repurchase over and over!