E.L.F. Studio Stipple

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/19/2014 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is one of the stars of the Studio line. Like most of the studio line brushes, the quality here is great. No shedding, withstands washing, holds shape over time. This is my favorite stippling brush for applying foundation. The bristles are packed at exactly the right density so that both stippling and blending out are quick and easy. Not too floppy, not too dense, just right. I even prefer this over more expensive stippling brushes I own. My only issue is that after a few months the base where the hairs attach came loose from the handle. I'm assuming it was not glued down properly. This was disappointing since I am very careful about properly washing brushes and nothing like this has happened to any of my brushes before or since. But at this price, repurchasing is not a problem and I don't feel too bothered by it. It's a definite must have in my collection.

on 2/10/2014 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My HG brush, I have like 3 of this in my kit. Out of every expensive or cheap brushes that I own, this is the best. It's so cheap, look expensive though. Work best with foundation, BB cream, CC cream, cream blush. It blending beautifully. I would repurchase it again and again and again, and you should to, it's a MUST. Life saver

on 2/9/2014 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this brush! It may not be my first choice for applying foundation, but it is phenomenal for applying powder. I am one of those people how find that after I've applied liquid foundation, when I apply powder with a brush it takes some of the foundation of and even makes my skin look a little patchy. This brush does not do that! It lightly dusts the powder over your skin, leaves your foundation perfectly intact and applys just the right amount so that you don't look cakey. I have recently switched to this from my large smashbox powder brush and I'm loving it. It do set some areas of my face with a smaller brush (undereyes and around the nose) but I do that regardless of which brush I use.

on 1/30/2014 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this to experiment with the stippling technique and I absolutely love it. I have tried other foundation brushes in the past but I always preferred my fingers to apply however this brush has changed my mind. It gives such a airbrush finish and feels so soft on the face. I haven't had any problems with shedding and think this is a great quality brush for such a low price.

on 10/11/2013 2:11:00 AM

Bought this for 10Sdg... Anyway, if you're looking for a stippling brush for your foundation this is not it. There are much better brushes out there! :) I use this for blending out my blush if I put too much. Overall, it's definitely not an essential brush. Kinda wished I didn't spend my $$ on it. :/

on 9/30/2013 1:07:00 AM

Not loving this brush at all. I find that there's not a lot of bristles so it's not the best for applying product. This may work ok for applying a highlight cause you don't want to over apply that. I love elf and have several brushes that have been hits for me so this makes me a little sad. Still it was only $3 so not like I really wasted anything. I much much perfer the ELF small stipple brush now that ones amazing.

This brush is very affordable (only $3 at Target), very soft, and makes any application of foundation a breeze. Two thumbs up!

on 8/1/2013 10:46:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I use this stipple brush to lightly apply bronzer :) I love it for this use but it is much too floppy to do anything else with :( I tried to do foundation with it and it left a streaky, uneven finish so it has no use for that. For limited use, this is a good brush. And it never sheds too!

EDIT: I love this for very light foundations like BB Skin Foundation. It actually does a very good job of blending this foundation; I'm glad I tried it again (it was in a pinch and I had forgotten my Beauty Blender). Totally worth the three dollars!

on 7/25/2013 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My first stipple brush ever. I used this with bb cream because I found it too messy to use my fingers and the coverage wasn't even. This brush was cheap and I thought it'd be a good start to the stipple world before I decided if stippling was my thing.

The results with this brush differed each time I used it. Sometimes i managed to get a good, even look and then I loved this brush. Other times (most of the time actually), I got a blotchy look because the bristles are not dense enough. The bb cream is spread evenly over my face but because the bristles are not dense enough, there were small blotches were there was no cream. If you use this brush in a stippling motion like I was, then you will not get even coverage because the bristles cannot ensure every spot of your face is covered.

To remedy this problem, I tried putting more bb cream and even a second layer to cover the blotches but this makes my face look patchy because the previous layer had partially dried up already. So regardless of how much cream I used, it was difficult to get even coverage on my face.

I've since decided to stick with stippling and have taken the plunge and purchased the Sigma F80. I cannot recommend that brush enough. I'd recommend this ELF brush as a starter brush if like me you're not sure if you're into stippling and don't want to spend too much money on a starter stipple brush. But be warned that you won't get the full "stippled" effect because of the lack of density of the bristles on this brush. Read my review on the Sigma F80 if you are deciding between these two brushes!

on 5/31/2013 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this brush so much. I don't really "stipple" with it per se, but I do use it to blend my foundation all over my face for a great look. It works with tinted moisturizer, BB cream and liquid foundation. I also love it because it does not shed. Not sure why it does for others, but I literally wash this every day after using with my Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit scrub, and it holds up like a champ. It dries quickly too, which I love. While some don't like how soft this is or that its not super dense, that is actually a plus for me, as it doesn't soak up the product. I got mine for a couple of bucks, and use it almost every day -- reaching for it over high end brands.

PROS:
- So cheap
- Cute look - doesn't scream how cheap it is
- Blends foundation amazingly well
- Doesn't shed
- Doesn't soak up too much product
- Soft enough to buff every angle of my face and down my neck
- Easy to wash, dry & maintain
- Leaves an amazing, sheer, airbrushed look

CONS
- If you want something really dense, this isn't it
- Not a fan for concealer - I believe most concealers should be applied with your fingers as the warmth is needed for the thicker formula - that said - a quick buff after application looks nice (I sometimes use the small stipple from elf for that or the kabuki to blend out my whole face when done)

Net net - this is another cheapie but goodie in my makeup arsenal. Nothing is better than looking good for less.