The Body Shop Liquid Liner

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Propylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Oil, Citric Acid, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Stearic Acid, Isopropylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Tocopherol, Glyceryl Stearate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose, Hectorite, Tocopheryl Acetate, PVP, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Iron Oxides.

on 12/27/2012 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I am a newbie to liquid eyeliner, so I gain my strenght to bought this one and I am so happy for the result!

at first, I want the brown one but they don't have the stock so I turn to the black.

for a newbie, the applicator is very helping, firm yet flexible and easy to apply (helping my shaky hands).

I use two strokes to draw on my upper lid (i never use eyeliner on lower lid).

It last long and not smudge my eyes and surely this will be my favorite liquid eye liner ever.

lastly - it's the body shop we're talking about, so I trust the ingredients will save for my skin.

on 10/26/2012 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

This was hands down the worst liquid eyeliner I've ever tried. It's a greyish-black weird colour. The tip is quite hard, which makes applying the product a nightmare. The lasting power is seriously horrid. I asked the sales assistant about it and she just said it's meant to be that way, "very easy to smudge and rub off." Such a waste of money in my opinion.

Great product until you get one glistening tear.

Bought this at an international airport. Applied while waiting for flight. Tunnel to plane broke so we had to walk outside. One gust of wind. "One" tear in my right eye. The flight attendant informed me of the 1 inch black streak down my face.

Darn! It looked so nice on (for about 25 minutes). LoL

on 6/25/2012 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

A nice black liquid eyeliner which is actually black, not too watery, not too thick, with great staying power without being waterproof. The only liquid eyeliner I've used which doesn't get thin and watery towards the end of the bottle and doesn't smudge down onto my bottom lid during the day. A nice matte finish too, not shiny. My HG liquid eyeliner!
No longer my HG liquid eyeliner, I prefer the Lancome Artliner because I think it has an even better formula, but I am always open to new ideas.

on 6/15/2012 6:27:00 AM

If you're looking for high impact eyes, look no further. I was visiting a big city, and spotted a sales assistant in a clothes store with immaculate bold eyeliner. I had to ask what she was using, since every liquid i have tried has dryed a funny off-grey shade. "It's the body shop liquid liner" she told me. Needless to say, as soon as i got home i had gone to my local store and picked one up. It was a bit pricey, but the shop assistant convinced me she wears hers everyday and it lasts for about a year. So far, i'm impressed and havn't experienced the stinging others have reported - then again, i've only applied on my upper lid. My only con would be it's not waterproof, but otherwise it seems to stay firmly in place for hours.

on 6/6/2012 10:13:00 AM

I liked this eyeliner a lot. I got it free when there was a sale at the body shop. I tryed it on at the store a it was easy to put on and was a dark black. I love how pigmented it is. The other colors were taupe and brown. They eyeliner is easy to use and didn't as other people said sting my eyes. It stayed on all day and didn't crumble or smear. The only cons i had were that it was such a small bottle for its price. It wasn't too pricey but not dirt cheep. But overall this is a good product.

on 5/13/2012 5:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like that this eyeliner has a sponge tip instead of a brush. It's much easier to use. I have it in black and love the color. I line my eyes with it and then use an Urban Decay liner to smudge the line. It was really expensive since I bought it in Europe, but it's probably much cheaper in the U.S.

on 11/26/2011 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

I have been using this for at least 10 years, it's my absolute favourite black eyeliner ever! The colour is a true rich black, which STAYS black after it dries, unlike others I've tried which go grey when dry.

The flexible pen-like nib means I can draw two strokes over my upper lashes really quickly, with no fuss, which is great for me because I wear this nearly everyday for work. I hate how a lot of liquid liners come with a fiddly skinny brush, which makes them a nightmare to apply. I can't even be bothered with those.

This is my HG black eyeliner! I hope they never stop making this.

on 6/11/2011 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This is the best liquid eyeliner I've tried so far! Very easy to apply and I used my last bottle everday for over a year before it started to run out - great value for money.

on 3/27/2011 2:02:00 PM

I like how dark the eyeliner came out after it dries but I really don't like how it stung my eyes. At first I thought I was the only one who had the problem until I read the reviews. The price isn't exactly cheap either.