Paula's Choice RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment

4.4

Not tested on animals

Water, Methylpropanediol (slip agent/penetration enhancer), Glycolic Acid (alpha hydroxy acid/exfoliant), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (water-binding agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (antioxidant), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract (anti-irritants), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (antioxidant),Arctium Lappa (Burdock) Root Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (anti-irritants), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Extract, Boerhavia Diffusa Root Extract (antioxidants), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (anti-irritant), Lamium Album (White Nettle) Flower Extract (antioxidant), Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Ulmus Fulva (Slippery Elm) Bark Extract (anti-irritants), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), Allantoin (anti-irritant) Propylene Glycol (solvent), Tetrasodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative). 6/23/11

on 5/14/2014 1:20:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love this product - but be warned...it's not for everyone. I use it twice weekly before bed, on cleansed skin. It will tingle for a bit, and may even make some red splotches on your face - but, when you wake up in the morning, it's a miracle. Clean, clear, smooth and soft skin.
I will never be without this product!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I wish I'd bought this in a trial size before going for the whole bottle. My skin tends towards dry and sensitive and I just cannot tolerate this product at all. It basically acts like a mild AHA peel

The day after I apply this, I don't see much difference. But for next 4-5 days after - UGH. Burning, tightness, redness, dryness, flaking. I have to moisturise constantly and this kind of reaction is very hard to cover up with make-up

After all the old skin has peeled off, I do see a decent result. Like I said, it works like a light peel and takes off the top layer of skin. However, I am just not willing to suffer through 5 days of terrible-looking and uncomfortable skin - I may as well just go for a proper, deeper peel

My skin really doesn't like AHAs, but it does better on BHAs. So if you've used other AHA products with no issue then maybe this one will be OK for your skin

on 5/5/2014 4:33:00 AM

I bought this after I run out of the Alpha H Liquid Gold treatment, which I have used with very good results. I must say that this does not even come close to the before mentioned product.I found it not only inefficient, but also it caused blocked pores and whiteheads. What I must mention is that my skin is very very picky about the products I use and I am well aware that I cannot generalize. I am also used to high concentrations of AHA and BHA, so that is not the problem. The truth is that most Paula's Choice products do not work for me. The only product I keep rebuying is the Skin Balancing Toner.
I gave this product to my boyfriend, and he doesn't have the same issues I had with it, although he does not see any groundbreaking results either. So I can safely conclude that the price / performance ratio is not all that good.

on 4/5/2014 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is great on my forehead which is very dry. I brought 10 samples of this and had to purchase a full size bottle as I saw the results after using 5 samples. I leave it on overnight 3 times a week. My un even tone has evened out and my skin feels much smoother. I apply with my fingers as using a cotton pad would be wasteful. I feel the packaging would be better if it had a pump.

on 4/5/2014 7:03:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

For years I have had discolored skin on my neck and chest due to inconsistent use of sunscreen. It was a large V-shaped area. I started using Resist Weekly Resurfacing Treatment on it (just on a whim - I had bought it for my face), and it beautifully "resurfaced" that area within a couple of weeks. My skin is even-toned and I am being diligent about applying sunscreen each morning. Excellent product. And I also have to comment on the exceptional customer service from Paula's Choice. They are the gold standard in customer service. Excellent products and incredible service.

on 4/1/2014 10:26:00 AM

I've left a few reviews today of the Paula's Choice line. Cannot say enough that I feel like I'm an expert on trying products. This treatment is amazing. I have tried everything. EVERYTHING. I have very dry skin.. This resurfacing treatment transformed my skin. I am so glad I found this product line!! I would highly recommend!!

on 3/26/2014 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I tried several PC products a few months ago this being one of them. My face broke out and seemed more oily. I did not care at all for the bottle. I used this with the 5% AHA daily smoothing treatment. If anything my skin looked worse. I used for an entire 6 weeks. I didn't see any difference.

on 3/10/2014 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This product is serious business. It's a little much for my sensitive skin - I probably use it once a month. However, I've shared it at girls' nights and everyone loves it. It will absolutely deliver soft, smooth skin. I might try it again later in life when I have more skin accumulated to slough off.

on 3/3/2014 4:09:00 PM

This product causes severe dry scaley peeling a few days after using which lasts about 3 days even with vigorous scrubbing and constant moisturizing, altho I'll admit that I always thought you had to leave it on and it never occurred to me to apply, wait a bit and rinse it off. Since I have 2 bottles of this I may try this technique and see I get better results.

on 2/15/2014 6:09:00 AM

My skin feels absolutely amazing the day after I use this. Unbelievably soft and smooth. I did struggle at first with visible peeling after using this - even though I exfoliate with a bha every day. I found I had to gradually increase the time this was on my skin in order to develop a tolerance. Now I leave it on over night without any problems. I do find I get a very mild burning sensation from this. I think this product in combination with some antioxidants has resulted in mildly shallower fine lines.

Popular Treatments (Face)