Paula's Choice RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment

4.4

Not tested on animals

Water, Methylpropanediol (slip agent/penetration enhancer), Glycolic Acid (alpha hydroxy acid/exfoliant), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (water-binding agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (antioxidant), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract (anti-irritants), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (antioxidant),Arctium Lappa (Burdock) Root Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (anti-irritants), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Extract, Boerhavia Diffusa Root Extract (antioxidants), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (anti-irritant), Lamium Album (White Nettle) Flower Extract (antioxidant), Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Ulmus Fulva (Slippery Elm) Bark Extract (anti-irritants), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), Allantoin (anti-irritant) Propylene Glycol (solvent), Tetrasodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative). 6/23/11

on 4/5/2014 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is great on my forehead which is very dry. I brought 10 samples of this and had to purchase a full size bottle as I saw the results after using 5 samples. I leave it on overnight 3 times a week. My un even tone has evened out and my skin feels much smoother. I apply with my fingers as using a cotton pad would be wasteful. I feel the packaging would be better if it had a pump.

on 4/5/2014 7:03:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

For years I have had discolored skin on my neck and chest due to inconsistent use of sunscreen. It was a large V-shaped area. I started using Resist Weekly Resurfacing Treatment on it (just on a whim - I had bought it for my face), and it beautifully "resurfaced" that area within a couple of weeks. My skin is even-toned and I am being diligent about applying sunscreen each morning. Excellent product. And I also have to comment on the exceptional customer service from Paula's Choice. They are the gold standard in customer service. Excellent products and incredible service.

on 4/1/2014 10:26:00 AM

I've left a few reviews today of the Paula's Choice line. Cannot say enough that I feel like I'm an expert on trying products. This treatment is amazing. I have tried everything. EVERYTHING. I have very dry skin.. This resurfacing treatment transformed my skin. I am so glad I found this product line!! I would highly recommend!!

on 3/26/2014 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I tried several PC products a few months ago this being one of them. My face broke out and seemed more oily. I did not care at all for the bottle. I used this with the 5% AHA daily smoothing treatment. If anything my skin looked worse. I used for an entire 6 weeks. I didn't see any difference.

on 3/10/2014 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This product is serious business. It's a little much for my sensitive skin - I probably use it once a month. However, I've shared it at girls' nights and everyone loves it. It will absolutely deliver soft, smooth skin. I might try it again later in life when I have more skin accumulated to slough off.

on 3/3/2014 4:09:00 PM

This product causes severe dry scaley peeling a few days after using which lasts about 3 days even with vigorous scrubbing and constant moisturizing, altho I'll admit that I always thought you had to leave it on and it never occurred to me to apply, wait a bit and rinse it off. Since I have 2 bottles of this I may try this technique and see I get better results.

on 2/15/2014 6:09:00 AM

My skin feels absolutely amazing the day after I use this. Unbelievably soft and smooth. I did struggle at first with visible peeling after using this - even though I exfoliate with a bha every day. I found I had to gradually increase the time this was on my skin in order to develop a tolerance. Now I leave it on over night without any problems. I do find I get a very mild burning sensation from this. I think this product in combination with some antioxidants has resulted in mildly shallower fine lines.

on 2/8/2014 6:55:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

My skin is fairly scarred from fighting and surgery, and this is one of the few things that can make those scars seem softer and lighter. It tingles, but not uncomfortably, and I've had comments from people that my skin is looking a lot better since picking up the Paula's Choice items as part of my routine.

It's a pretty heavy duty product, but if you need serious help, this is great.

Unfortunately, this stuff breaks me out. Every time after applying it I have a new pimple. The Paulas 8% gel works, however, for me.

on 12/26/2013 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Glycolic acid works for me and it has proven long-term benefits for skin. So I believe that everybody should use it. However, maybe the best would be to start with minor concentrations and move on from there, allowing skin to get used to it. There are many places online where we can buy Glycolic acid at different concentrations (even higher for more dramatic interventions), with exactly the same watery consistency and basic bottle as Paula's, and at far lower prices. And that is why I do not rate this product higher.
On the other hand, this product does contain anti-irritants which make me feel more confident when using it. The benefits are predictable: clear, younger-looking skin, more even skin tone, and adverse reactions are minimal. I do not need to rinse it. It is an overall good product.

Popular Treatments (Face)