December 20, 2014 | 1661 users online

Highlighters - rms beauty - Living Luminizer

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2014 7:29:00 AM More reviews by peoni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This product definitely has the hype factor. I think it was the first rms product that I purchased, probably because I had seen coverage everywhere, from natural to mainstream beauty editorials. I didn't entirely dislike it to begin with, but I increasingly felt that it was making the skin along my cheekbones a little bumpy. It stopped short of breaking me out, but there were very small, under-the-surface bumps that seemed to appear over time. Ironically, the congestion caused by the living luminizer, looked even more obvious once highlighted by the product itself. I cleanse very thoroughly, starting makeup removal with the rms coconut creme, so this shouldn't have been an issue.

Despite all the reviews stating how natural and indiscernible the shimmer in this product is, I would have to disagree and stand alongside the minority of reviews that have felt this is somewhat of an overblown statement. Even with the lightest of touch, it definitely has a 'frosty' finish to my eye, as opposed to a 'lit from within' subtle glowing radiance. It could be pretty if that's the look you are going for, but I don't really want anything that translates as sparkly or glittery on my face during the day. Finally, it doesn't last very long on my skin at all. By the time I have travelled to work (navigating public transport and often inclement weather conditions) it has all but disappeared. Likewise, on a hot weather vacation, it just seemed to slide off, and after a while application seemed pointless. This goes for many of the rms beauty products - I've often left my house happy with how my makeup looks, only to get a shock when I catch sight of my reflection an hour or so later.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2013 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Magdusia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This highlighter exceeded my expectations. I hesitated to buy it at first because I couldn't sample it beforehand. It isn't readily available in stores. The swatches online showed a cool/icy-toned product, quite different than the warm, golden-toned highlighters I had been using up to that point (Benefit Watt's Up and Clinique Up-Lighting in "Natural"). I have neutral-yellow undertones, so I generally steer towards gold instead of silver hues. That said, I've been switching most of my beauty products to less toxic brands and formulations, and this product gets glowing reviews in even the mainstream beauty community, so I took the risk.

Surprisingly, this highlighter actually looks far more natural than the conventional ones I had tried beforehand. Up close, the conventional ones are so obviously shimmery, with defined edges, while the RMS one looks like simply shiny skin, while actually highlighting more (because it does, after all, have some subtle shimmery stuff in there). In a way, it's almost as though I've dabbed some Vaseline on my cheek (with more shine, however), but unlike Vaseline, it doesn't just sink in and disappear.

I have yet to compare the lasting power of this highlighter to the conventional ones I've used. I wouldn't be surprised if it was decreased, but that's a price I'm willing to pay for the overall look of this product and its reassuring ingredient list.

I will add that based on its ingredients alone, this product seems overpriced. I'm willing to hand over more cash to a brand that values ingredient safety without compromising on efficacy, and I really love the glass packaging. But $40+ for 0.2oz of this stuff is a little much. RMS sells a coconut oil ("cream") for about 6x more than one with the same specifications (raw, virgin, cold-pressed) sold by at least one other equally reputable brand, so its markup is likely substantial.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 6:51:00 AM More reviews by judiness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite highlighter. I really mets into your skin and it's impossible to detect. I use it mainly for the top of my cheek bones, it prefer something more obvious for the inside tear duct.

It is very expensive, but you need very little. Since this contain no water there is no change of bacteria.

I tried many rms products, lip2cheek, un cover, eyeshadow... and this is my favorite. It's also great for traveling because you don't need a brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by productjunkieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using my same pot for almost 1.5 years now and still have a little over a third of the product left. It just won't quit! This is by far my favorite highlighter of all time. It gives that lit from within glow without the in your face sparkle. I would say this is fool proof because it blends so seamlessly into the skin and you can never see any edges. I have oily skin and the product still lasts all day on me. During the warmer months, it gets slightly melted in the pot but it isn't watery by any means. Just creamier. Apply some powder over it to get an even more subtle finish. There's no going wrong with this baby!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

UPDATE:

Not so sure if I will repurchase anymore, despite loving the glow. It's too obvious no matter how little I put on my nose. When I put on the inner part of my eyes, it's not good because it's thick and causes milia. High cheekbones - same problem. Really only good for the cupid's bow now. Under my lower lip - causes acne. Really wanted it to work out, but it's just too thick for problem skin, and the oils will cause a breakout if your skin doesn't cooperate with coconut or jojoba oil. It's so much hassle.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really like this. It does fade after four hours or so, but it is perfect for when you are going out on errands or to a party. I use this every day now. I apply it to cheek bones, down the nose, inner creases of eyes, right above lip, right below lip. Good to go. Beautiful glow, very natural and healthy looking.

Pros: Natural looking, eco, easy to apply
Cons: Price

VERDICT: Great with some reservation. Namely, there are clogging oils very high on the list so it's not great around the eyes (may cause milia), also breaks out skin if you apply in the wrong places. Overall, will use it where I can and will repurchase because the glow it gives is just beautiful.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by ranger2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this highlighter a lot. I prefer more subtle highlighters that don't have a sheen or pieces of glitter, and this fits perfectly in that category. I like to put this on my brow and cheek bones, it provides a natural and subtle glow. I also adore Becca pressed shimmer powders as well for the same reasons as above, however this provides a dewier glow that I prefer in the summer time. Sometimes dewy can imply greasy, I want to point out however, not with this illuminizer. This gives a nice and natural looking glow, without looking like I'm going out to disco. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Faucet188

I love this product. I alternate between using this and copacabana by Nars but I honestly prefer this because of the ingredient list. If use nothing else (makeup wise) I put this on my face I'll just use this and it makes me look "awake". I put in on the top of my cheekbones, almost under the outside of my eye and then up to my brow-bone. Sometimes I put a dab on the inside corner of my eye.

I get comments all the time about how fresh I look, even when I haven't slept and it really is because of this luminizer. I had it in my travel cosmetics bag- along with a lipgloss and some blotting papers that I take everywhere and decided this morning that I needed to buy a second one so that I wasn't always searching for it.

The price tag is pretty hefty but I think because it's made in such small batches and is raw and organic it makes sense and so it doesn't bother me.

To be noted: I am very fair, naturally blonde, and have dry, sensitive skin, so the moisturizing element in this suits my skin well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by almost

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I recently purchased this at a skincare store after reading up about all the hype. Previously I tried Physician's Formula glow pearls pressed powder highlighter, and I find that RMS is not as blatantly sparkly or obvious. It certainly has a natural appeal and decent staying power. For now, this is my favorite highlighter I've found.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by phoebeweatherfield

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of those products I really, really wanted to like, but it just didn't do it for my skin. It's beautifully packaged (though be warned that the white coating on the lid will start chipping and coming off on everything in your makeup bag...it might be best left at home and not carried around), and the RMS line is very natural and quite lovely to look at (I'm a big fan of their Un-Cover Up concealer). But on me, it just didn't look right--it went on kind of glittery and greasy-looking (I have to disagree with those that say it doesn't look glittery or shimmery), and then within a pretty short time faded into nothing. I feel terrible giving it such a low rating because I know lots of folks adore it and I would really like to support brands who are doing the natural/organic/cruelty-free thing in a high-end, classy way, but this product just wasn't right for me.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Recussion

I think this product will work great for anyone who has a deep understanding of contouring and highlighting. For anyone else, this product will be a waste of money. Myself, rather a make up geek, using foundation, powder, mascara and eyeliner and do not have the ability to go into the eyeshadow area (I simply don't know how to apply, where to put what colour etc) smudge this stuff on my cheekbones, which looks kind of nice but I'm sure that's not the full purpose (and full potential) of this product. The jar can get a bit messy if you put your foundation fingers into it so I advice to wash your fingers before putting it in the jar as mine is a bit gross now. Hence the 1 for packaging, I would have liked it in a squeeze tube or something. Anyways, I wish someone would give me an extreme make up tutorial because I know there are products like this one who are simply amazing if used correctly.