MAC Lustre in Lovelorn

4.4

on 8/3/2014 9:14:00 PM

This is beautiful neutral but bright pink. I actually picked it up a little earlier today. I had my eyes on it for awhile and finally figured, why not?! I can already tell it will be an everyday staple. I am a nude everyday kind of girl. I think this really perks up my face. I am very pale with cool undertones. This is a pink that will look good on any skintone. It's a lustre and the cool thing about Lustre's is that you dont really need to apply a gloss. Just lipstick on and out the door!

I ordered this off posh mark and based on what I saw online I thought it would be a nice light pink but was more of a coral pink which doesn't look good on me since I'm fair skin tone and have dark hair. I wouldn't buy again

on 6/23/2014 3:22:00 PM

This is my first MAC lipstick! I realllly like it! Its a medium bright pink and goes well with my porcelain skin. I decided to buy this one instead of the creme cup which was a little more subtle. This has that extra oomph if you are looking for a wearable pink! I love it! Also isnt drying and comfortable on my lips :)

on 6/15/2014 6:43:00 AM

i wouldnt buy this again, simply for the reason that it is way too expensive for what it does, mac lippies are overrated. Drugstores are stepping up their game lately and it just isnt worth the price tag anymore. I do really like this colour, its quite sheer and moisturising, altough it does seem to fade quickly. easy to find a dupe in drugstores.

on 5/27/2014 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a extremely pretty and girly shade of pink without being to garish and clownish it is a medium toned pink that gives a fresh feminine approach with any look I prefer to opt for Neutral eyes when wearing this for a more natural muted down look its a definite staple in my collection love it.

on 4/23/2014 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This was the very first MAC lipstick I ever bought and I absolutely could not be happier with it! It is my go to everyday lipstick! It's a soft light/medium pink that goes with everything.

I'm very very pale (NW10) with dark hair and this suits me amazingly. It's a pretty close match to my natural lip colour which makes it extremely easy for me to wear.

It's a lustre finish so the staying power isn't amazing and it does need to be reapplied often.

I will definitely be repurchasing this!

on 4/21/2014 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

A very cute pink, kind of in the middle of bright pink and baby pink. It gives a nice youthful look to my face and suits most looks. It never looks to bright or stark like a hot pink or baby pink would. It also reminds me of something Hanna from Pretty Little Liars would wear, and she always has flawless makeup.

on 12/28/2013 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I am very fair, an NW15/NC15 at Mac, and I have quite dark brown hair so it's easy for me to looked washed out. I have always avoided light/sheer nude and pink lipsticks because I didn't think they suited me, then I met Lovelorn! I saw an old video of Kate from the Gh0stparties beauty blog reviewing her favourite Mac lipsticks and this was among them, I thought it'd be give it a shot on my quest to find a pale, sheer lipstick that suited me! I love this lipstick. The colour is so pretty and the texture is smooth and it's very moisturizing. It is exactly the shade it looks to be, a perfect, neutral soft pink. My only complaint would be longevity, you have to re-apply it every hour or so but it's worth it! This is currently my favourite lipstick, and I have many from Mac, all are quite bold so Lovelorn and Chatterbox are the two lighter pinks that I have that are very flattering on my skin tone!

on 11/4/2013 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The perfect everyday pink! Nothing too bright like St Germain, I wear it to the office every day. Would definitely repurchase

I have such a loving relationship with this lipstick. Initially I had purchased as a 'stepping stone' into a 'brighter' lip color (before I typically wore shades like Angel, Shy Girl, and Creme Cup on the daily). This is the perfect pink for day/school/work, and just as it did for me, helped me embark on the journey of more 'dramatic' lip colors (like Vegas Volt, Impassioned, and Rebel). Will Repurchase when I am through with this tube

Popular Lipsticks