MAC Lustre in Lovelorn

4.4

on 6/23/2014 3:22:00 PM

This is my first MAC lipstick! I realllly like it! Its a medium bright pink and goes well with my porcelain skin. I decided to buy this one instead of the creme cup which was a little more subtle. This has that extra oomph if you are looking for a wearable pink! I love it! Also isnt drying and comfortable on my lips :)

on 6/15/2014 6:43:00 AM

i wouldnt buy this again, simply for the reason that it is way too expensive for what it does, mac lippies are overrated. Drugstores are stepping up their game lately and it just isnt worth the price tag anymore. I do really like this colour, its quite sheer and moisturising, altough it does seem to fade quickly. easy to find a dupe in drugstores.

on 5/27/2014 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a extremely pretty and girly shade of pink without being to garish and clownish it is a medium toned pink that gives a fresh feminine approach with any look I prefer to opt for Neutral eyes when wearing this for a more natural muted down look its a definite staple in my collection love it.

on 4/23/2014 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This was the very first MAC lipstick I ever bought and I absolutely could not be happier with it! It is my go to everyday lipstick! It's a soft light/medium pink that goes with everything.

I'm very very pale (NW10) with dark hair and this suits me amazingly. It's a pretty close match to my natural lip colour which makes it extremely easy for me to wear.

It's a lustre finish so the staying power isn't amazing and it does need to be reapplied often.

I will definitely be repurchasing this!

on 4/21/2014 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

A very cute pink, kind of in the middle of bright pink and baby pink. It gives a nice youthful look to my face and suits most looks. It never looks to bright or stark like a hot pink or baby pink would. It also reminds me of something Hanna from Pretty Little Liars would wear, and she always has flawless makeup.

on 12/28/2013 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I am very fair, an NW15/NC15 at Mac, and I have quite dark brown hair so it's easy for me to looked washed out. I have always avoided light/sheer nude and pink lipsticks because I didn't think they suited me, then I met Lovelorn! I saw an old video of Kate from the Gh0stparties beauty blog reviewing her favourite Mac lipsticks and this was among them, I thought it'd be give it a shot on my quest to find a pale, sheer lipstick that suited me! I love this lipstick. The colour is so pretty and the texture is smooth and it's very moisturizing. It is exactly the shade it looks to be, a perfect, neutral soft pink. My only complaint would be longevity, you have to re-apply it every hour or so but it's worth it! This is currently my favourite lipstick, and I have many from Mac, all are quite bold so Lovelorn and Chatterbox are the two lighter pinks that I have that are very flattering on my skin tone!

on 11/4/2013 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The perfect everyday pink! Nothing too bright like St Germain, I wear it to the office every day. Would definitely repurchase

I have such a loving relationship with this lipstick. Initially I had purchased as a 'stepping stone' into a 'brighter' lip color (before I typically wore shades like Angel, Shy Girl, and Creme Cup on the daily). This is the perfect pink for day/school/work, and just as it did for me, helped me embark on the journey of more 'dramatic' lip colors (like Vegas Volt, Impassioned, and Rebel). Will Repurchase when I am through with this tube

on 8/21/2013 9:45:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is my first Mac lipstick. I was looking for the perfect pink for everyday use and I didn't want it to be too nude or bright. People often compare this with Speed Dial and I myself don't really like how cremesheen formula turns out on my lips (weird, I know.)
If you want something more natural and sexy looking pouty lips instead of the summer color, pick this instead of Speed Dial.

I am NW25, dark brown hair&eyes and it fits me perfectly. I personally think that this one can works in a lot, different, skintones. My lips isn't too washed out and it's not too pigmented either, in case you guys are wondering.

The only downside to this lipstick is its staying power. But, its okay since I can always reapply it! It stays for 1-3 hours for me.

I need more lipsticks like this one. I am so glad that it's from the permanent line and I hope Mac will never discontinue it though!

on 7/26/2013 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is the perfect everyday pink for me. I have warm-toned skin (NC20) and cooler pinks and nudes by MAC like creme cup and hue completely wash me out. I love the long lasting formula and it doesn't dry my lips out.

Popular Lipsticks