Dolce & Gabbana 3 L'Imperatrice EDT

4.1

on 2/15/2014 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A favorite of mine, alongside with Chloe EDP.

The scent is amazing- light, citrusy, and sweet. Lasting power is so-so. Love the big bottle and simple packaging.

on 1/30/2014 2:43:00 AM

Well I think I found one of my favourite new perfumes. I got a couple of samples of this from sephora after my coworker told me about this fragrance... And I'm So glad I asked her about it. D&G 3 l'emperatrice is a perfect combination of fruity, clean and floral. IMO it smells like grapefruit, watermelon and some floral musk. I think it smells better the longer it stays on your skin. It lasts about 6-7 hours on me after one spritz... And I think after the 3 hour it smells even better than the 1st hour... The fragrance just blooms somehow. It's comforting and I can't stop sniffing my wrist and cardigan. I would definitely buy the full size.

on 1/3/2014 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Elegant. Classy.Headstrong. That's me whenever I wear l'emperatrice. It gives me that self confidence I did not think I have. I smell lovely concoction of fruits. I smell watermelons in there and sparkling pineapple, a hint of baby powder dry down--- all painted lovingly in a summers day.

Rule one for any lady perfume user is to NOT overspray. Spray in your pulses and never on your clothes. Spray in the morning only. You do not have to do it again. Remember people around you can smell your perfume and you can't because you are immune to your own scent. Make them smell the whiffs as you pass by. Every time you respray or reapply the scent becomes boring. It's like giving your all to someone the first day you meet them.^^

Add some mystery by not making your perfume overpower you. Or else, you give everyone headache including yourself.

L'emperatrice, I can say, is the smell of a modern woman. She's busy moving around but she takes time to smell the flowers. She is gorgeous. Empowered. Independent.

I spray ever lightly as the staying power is good. At the end of the day as I unload the groceries after work, i can still smell the watermelons and pinapple and yes, baby powder -- the base most of this enchantment. ^^

on 12/5/2013 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Favorite scent ever. Except, it does not last long on me. I'd say it stays for around 3-4 hours. Nonetheless, I still adore it. I have a hard time trying to find this scent in stores, so I am currently contemplating buying a back-up. But even with the lack of staying power, LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.

on 11/24/2013 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My favorite parfume ever. If I were to only use one perfume my whole life, it would be this one.

on 6/17/2013 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

A truly unique and beautiful scent with amazing stay power. If you love watermelon or melon scents then invest in this! You get ALOT of product for the price... the only downfall of that being that the bottle is sometimes too big to carry in your bag. Regardless, this is a tropical, intoxicating burst of melon and one for all you lovers of refreshing scents that do not smell artificial but have the girly sweetness.

on 4/6/2013 5:42:00 AM

I smelled it once and I was hooked. Bought it, loved it for a couple of days, but then... I don't know. It just started to give me headaches. I used to feel so confident wearing this, but now I barely use it. I smell too much of grapefruit and kiwi. I guess kiwi was the reason why I bought it, but now when the scent develops I hate it. It's not a unique smell anymore, seems like every other girl wears it!! And that's maybe another reason why it just sits on my shelf.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm surprised I like this perfume, since it's so fruity. (Normally I love clean, green scents). I was given a sample of this a while ago, and whenever I wore it people would sniff and say "What is that?? You smell amazing" It makes kind of a light first impession but the scent is actually quite strong. I used it more & more often and since I liked it so much as a little bottle, I asked for a big one for my birthday. I'm so glad I did!

Fruity fragrances are somehow not really in, are they? Anyone remember "Deci-Dela" by Nina Ricci? Apricots and figs, oh, delicious (not sure I would like it now, though).

"L'Imperatrice" is really yummy.... and yet not too much like food...
It's sparkly & celebratory like a fruity punch, but still with a bit of smokey pepper in it, and some citrus so it doesn't cloy. My favourite note is the raisiny, wine-skin element. I find it a smooth, but very satisfying daily scent.

And: the bottle is gorgeous.
Excellent birthday score.

on 1/17/2013 6:34:00 PM

This is my signature scent. The downside about this is it doesnt stay long on me. Bottle is very simple yet a bit pricey. Its got fruity scent and i think it is best for day wear.

on 1/1/2013 5:44:00 PM

I'm a fruity fragrance lover but I don't love overly sweet scents. I live in Florida so anything too sweet or warm won't work out. This is fresh in a way that reminds me of other ozonic fragrances that tend to be favorites as well. If you are looking for a grown up version of a fruity body splash this is it. It became one of my favorites and people always compliment me when I wear it. If you live somewhere hot I would give it a try.

Packaging: Simple and sturdy. I carry it around with me a lot and I have yet to see a scratch.

Lasting power: On me it lasts all day unless I go for a swim.

Popular Fragrances