September 20, 2014 | 1672 users online

Fragrances - Dolce & Gabbana - 3 L'Imperatrice EDT

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 3:22:00 AM More reviews by laizagrace

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Elegant. Classy.Headstrong. That's me whenever I wear l'emperatrice. It gives me that self confidence I did not think I have. I smell lovely concoction of fruits. I smell watermelons in there and sparkling pineapple, a hint of baby powder dry down--- all painted lovingly in a summers day.

Rule one for any lady perfume user is to NOT overspray. Spray in your pulses and never on your clothes. Spray in the morning only. You do not have to do it again. Remember people around you can smell your perfume and you can't because you are immune to your own scent. Make them smell the whiffs as you pass by. Every time you respray or reapply the scent becomes boring. It's like giving your all to someone the first day you meet them.^^

Add some mystery by not making your perfume overpower you. Or else, you give everyone headache including yourself.

L'emperatrice, I can say, is the smell of a modern woman. She's busy moving around but she takes time to smell the flowers. She is gorgeous. Empowered. Independent.

I spray ever lightly as the staying power is good. At the end of the day as I unload the groceries after work, i can still smell the watermelons and pinapple and yes, baby powder -- the base most of this enchantment. ^^

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Favorite scent ever. Except, it does not last long on me. I'd say it stays for around 3-4 hours. Nonetheless, I still adore it. I have a hard time trying to find this scent in stores, so I am currently contemplating buying a back-up. But even with the lack of staying power, LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 5:03:00 AM More reviews by Gigabyte305

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My favorite parfume ever. If I were to only use one perfume my whole life, it would be this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by songy67

Top notes: Rhubarb, Red Currant, Juicy Kiwi Accord.
Heart notes: Pink Cyclamen, Fresh Watermelon Accord.
Base notes: Musky Notes, Sandalwood, Grapefruit Wood.

This is the ideal Spring/ Summer fragrance. It's cheerful and flirty and radiant. It took me a while to take the plunge and buy the full-size bottle because, at one point, I swore I thought this smelled like cheap body splash from the dollar store. But after much reflection and after using up a sample, I realized that the notes in this are more crisp, natural, and less synthetic and sickly. It's more reminiscent of Jo Malone as opposed to B&BW. Whenever I use this I feel oh so pretty and girly and clean.

It's unique and complex in that the notes are hard to pinpoint, but it's not a scent that develops much on the skin. It gives off the same bright, slightly tart, fruity notes from start to finish. The lasting powder is average (to be expected with an EDT of a fruity fragrance) and it doesn't have much sillage and stays pretty close to your skin and clothes.

One thing I will say about this is that it makes me sneeze. Not uncontrollably or anything, but at least one sneeze each time I've sprayed this on. I've never experienced this phenomenon with any other perfume so I thought I'd make a 'note' of it it. I also really enjoy the simple design of the bottle, and it looks nice and stylish sitting on my bookshelf.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by PresKitten22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A truly unique and beautiful scent with amazing stay power. If you love watermelon or melon scents then invest in this! You get ALOT of product for the price... the only downfall of that being that the bottle is sometimes too big to carry in your bag. Regardless, this is a tropical, intoxicating burst of melon and one for all you lovers of refreshing scents that do not smell artificial but have the girly sweetness.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 5:42:00 AM More reviews by katmo

I smelled it once and I was hooked. Bought it, loved it for a couple of days, but then... I don't know. It just started to give me headaches. I used to feel so confident wearing this, but now I barely use it. I smell too much of grapefruit and kiwi. I guess kiwi was the reason why I bought it, but now when the scent develops I hate it. It's not a unique smell anymore, seems like every other girl wears it!! And that's maybe another reason why it just sits on my shelf.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 6:53:00 AM More reviews by dempsterstreet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised I like this perfume, since it's so fruity. (Normally I love clean, green scents). I was given a sample of this a while ago, and whenever I wore it people would sniff and say "What is that?? You smell amazing" It makes kind of a light first impession but the scent is actually quite strong. I used it more & more often and since I liked it so much as a little bottle, I asked for a big one for my birthday. I'm so glad I did!

Fruity fragrances are somehow not really in, are they? Anyone remember "Deci-Dela" by Nina Ricci? Apricots and figs, oh, delicious (not sure I would like it now, though).

"L'Imperatrice" is really yummy.... and yet not too much like food...
It's sparkly & celebratory like a fruity punch, but still with a bit of smokey pepper in it, and some citrus so it doesn't cloy. My favourite note is the raisiny, wine-skin element. I find it a smooth, but very satisfying daily scent.

And: the bottle is gorgeous.
Excellent birthday score.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by jameskarl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my signature scent. The downside about this is it doesnt stay long on me. Bottle is very simple yet a bit pricey. Its got fruity scent and i think it is best for day wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by AspenSophia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm a fruity fragrance lover but I don't love overly sweet scents. I live in Florida so anything too sweet or warm won't work out. This is fresh in a way that reminds me of other ozonic fragrances that tend to be favorites as well. If you are looking for a grown up version of a fruity body splash this is it. It became one of my favorites and people always compliment me when I wear it. If you live somewhere hot I would give it a try.

Packaging: Simple and sturdy. I carry it around with me a lot and I have yet to see a scratch.

Lasting power: On me it lasts all day unless I go for a swim.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by MariaEffy

At first spray I don't like this perfume. However, after about 15' the scent changes to a very pleasant and more mature scent, despite the noticeable watermelon and kiwi. It has quite a sweet touch which is both smooth and desirable, but it's also light and young. Not exactly my thing, but I do enjoy it.