August 23, 2014 | 1008 users online

Powders - Cover Girl - Pocket Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2009 7:49:00 PM More reviews by brunettebarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation oranged out on my face, maybe because of my oily skin? Anyway, some guy asked if I had gotten a spray tan on my face, it was so bad.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2008 10:12:00 PM More reviews by DianaBlackbird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the brand I once wore many moons ago in my teens. The first powder I ever bought and used on a daily basis in middle school. It made my already oily face oiler, and break out worse. Of course I didnt know better back then. It did however take the redness out of my irretated skin. Now that I've outgrown it to much better brands, I will never repurchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2007 8:08:00 PM More reviews by sadendingsong

covergirls shades are always pinker than i would like. also, the sponge applicator is really inconvenient. i don't understand why companies like to accompany powder with sponges. it seems inconsistent. also, it felt chalkier than other powders. it isn't as finely milled as i would like

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2007 3:21:00 PM More reviews by coffeekim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the pocket powder. I use the ivory shade under regular face powder, that way, I can use this as foundation pretty much, so that it feels cleaner. Its become a favorite of mine.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2007 7:58:00 AM More reviews by MulanDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Good powder- medium coverage, blends nicely. I deducted a point because of the color choices - like the rest of CG products, it tends to be a bit too pink. I couldn't find a shade that would suit me (I have a neutral tone). Mayb you will have better luck if you have a warm or cool tone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2006 4:40:00 PM More reviews by hoku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: 5

Price: 3 ($9.30 + tax)

Packaging: 4

Buy again: yes

I have this in Classic Ivory, and it is a perfect match for me (Asian, NC25). I have combo skin, and this is great for giving me a more "finished" appearance without looking fake. I have clear skin and don't really have discoloration or anything, but this is great stuff to just give my face a flawless look without clogging my pores, being chalky or feeling heavy at all.

The powder is smooth, feels light and doesn't dry me out, and lasts all day as long as I blot in the afternoon. I used a brush to apply, not the included sponge, just because I like using a brush. I've had good luck with CoverGirl powder products, so I tend to stick with them (CG TruBlend pressed powder is also great!).

The compact it comes in is cute, in my opinion; it's a bright blue oval shaped compact, made of slightly metallic plastic. The inside has a mirror (kind of too narrow to be useful) and a place for the sponge, kept separate from the powder (I like that; I hate having my powder puff on top of the powder). The only gripe I have is the shape of the powder pan; it's a half circle, and a little annoying to use with a brush, but ignoring that, it's perfectly fine.

The bottom line is that I love this product because it is relatively cheap, does the job, and doesn't aggravate my skin.

EDIT: I tried this recently as a foundation, applied with a wet/damp sponge; it give a beautiful, soft finish. I don't have skin problems, other than a little redness or uneven tone, but this smoothed it out easily, and without feeling like I'm wearing foundation at all! Usually if I wear liquid, I can tell it's there, but not with this stuff! Try it with a damp sponge, and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

EDIT June 30, 2007: I don't use this anymore because I've moved on to mineral makeup (everyday minerals), and this is a bit heavy in comparison to mineral makeup. I would buy this though if I was traveling and didn't want to bring loose powders with me.

EDIT: Sept 5, 2008: I have returned to this product! I was getting tired of always cleaning up the mess mineral makeup left behind, and lugging all these brushes and products around, so I came back to the simplicity of a press-powder foundation. I have gotten more tanned this summer, so I am using Classic Beige, and it gives me just enough coverage to even out my skintone. It takes away shine fairly well, and makes me look natural. If you have heavy acne, this will not give you enough coverage, but if you just have the odd discolouration here and there, this is great. It gives sheer to light coverage, and never clogs my pores. Love it! continued >>

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2006 2:17:00 PM More reviews by redheadbaby320

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is great but you do have to reapply a couple times a day if you have oily skin you need to cover up. its looks very natural not orangy or fake at all juts obviously get the right shade. be careful wen you carry it around though because if you drop it the powder will break and while it is still useable its annoying and comes out the sides. bad packaging but great product. not good for dry skin it will make it flaky.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2006 9:59:00 PM More reviews by taiwan_beauty

Pretty decent basic everyday powder. Gets rid of shine, blends well, and sets makeup. Not much more I could ask for. However, I'm not sure this stuff will cut it in the more oily summer months. I guess we will see.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2005 7:42:00 PM More reviews by AntoniaB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has been my HG for the summer. I love this stuff. great for oily skin, used over other foundation or alone. It has amazingly good coverage on it's own, and never looks cakey or changes color on my oily skin. It's small, easy to take in the tiniest bag, and never leaves you looked 'masky'. It lasts a pretty decent amount of time, as well, and is one of the few things I've used all of twice! (I like it that much!) Plenty of shades for everyone, inexpensive, no breakouts or sensitivity to any ingredients. Great stuff that I'll keep using through the winter!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2005 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Ala22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

overall, this product does exactly what i wanted it to do:stop my face from being shiny...however i t doesnt stay on for very long, so you have to reaply.
the packaging is fine, nothing special, it does have a mirror though, which is nice.