December 18, 2014 | 1605 users online

Foundations - Yves Saint Laurent - TEINT RADIANCE Radiance Enhancing, Flawless Foundation SPF 20

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

I'm not sure actually, why so many people dislike it, but one reason can be that this suits mostly only normal skin, not dry unless you find a moisturiser that works with it) or oily. And: this is a foundation you should not count on in hot weather...
I bought this because my skin is light olive, which basically means I have A LOT of yellow tones in it. I chose the colour 4, and it has almost the right amount of yellow (I need even more...).
The look this gives me is dewy, and I really like it! There are actually a lot of very fine shimmering particles in this, but you doesn't notice them on the skin - I hate sparkly foundations! I didn't actually find out that they were there before applying this on paper, and seeing that it was almost slightly metallic; much more than Teint Miracle from Lâncome (there you can actually see the shimmer in the bottle).
I'm not sure what type of moisturiser I should use with this, because it tends to misbehave with the one I'm currently using - it becomes more liquid and easier to spread, but doesn't set. Therefore I just skip moisturiser, and actually use... water! I've recently found out that this applies much better over a slightly moist face. I do not powder over it - it totally ruins the look of the foundation.
I apply this with fingers, because this i the way feel I can get the right coverage and the look I want. I smear it outwards first, work it in in circles, and finish up with patting it/rolling my fingers over my face. I DO need to work it in a little to make it even, but I think it's worth it for the long wear.
I have found that I can't use this as a concealer under my eyes, because it settles into lines, but it's not such a big con for me, because there's not that many foundations that are great also for under the eyes.
Teint Resist is supposed to be the long lasting foundation in this line, but I must say that this definitely is long lasting too. When I apply it 10 a.m and is done at the uni about 8 p.m, it still looks pretty nice! On me, this disappears veeeery slowly, and not patchy at all. Haven't noticed any transferring - yay :D
I probably will need to switch when the summer comes again though, because this product works much nicer when it's colder outside; else it tends to oxidise more on me, and actually makes me a little bit too shiny for my taste.
I do not like the pump on this - it gives me either all or nothing. Also, I need about 4-5 pumps for the coverage I want (no, it doesn't look cakey). The last one I'm actually not much annoyed about though, because I try out new foundations often.
Although I have sensitive skin, this has not broken me out. It doesn't seem to clog pores either.
I would definitely not suggest this for oily skin, but not dry either - it then looks powdery and not very nice. You can see it on the name too: RADIANCE - oily people should rather search for something "satin" or "matte".
Forgot to mention: this is about medium to light in coverage.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Kayraven

I do not agree with all the negative reviews! It does seem to look nothing but flawless when you use more than a pump on your face. There's a big difference with finger/sponge/different type of brush application. You should try all and see which one works the best for your face. If I apply it with a flat brush or my fingers - it's perfect, if I use something else, it's cakey and in my pores. I never layer anything on top but a concealer. And it works great. In the day light it looks much better than under the lamps. I also wouldn't really use it without a primer. Or mix it with a moisturizer and you'll be perfect. What truly made me buy it was the discount and that it fits my skintone perfectly, since it's hard to. I have nearly transparent skin with a pink undertone. So I have this in #1. I like the coverage, very much like it.
Shame it's so damn expensive and the packaging sucks. It's heavy and I can't take it with me sometimes, also it's a pump, where a lot of product is left over in the bottle. Since price and not worth the money, I'll be looking for something else.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2011 3:55:00 AM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this product. Perhaps it is the coverage (I normally wear a medium coverage) however I found this to be extremely cakey and mask like - and it showed off my pores rather than hiding them -horrible.... It does give nice radiance though so that claim I can attest to. Would absolutely not repurchase....

EDIT September 26th 2011: I used this with a different primer and to be fair it removed a lot of the problems described above. I still would not repurchade though as I do not want to be reliant on a specific primer for certain results.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by sirMouse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think I love this foundation, but I'm still not sure. I got it in a 4, and that was probably the best colour match I've ever had, which is great. It looks very nice on, feels like you're wearing nothing, and gives a beautiful radiant finish. I haven't had any issues with it not lasting well, although it gets a little shinier around the T-zone after a few hours, but nothing that can't be mistaken for a dewy complexion. I don't tend to wear makeup often, dew to a tendency for almost all foundations to make me break up, but this one did nothing of the sort. Unfortunately, the coverage leaves a little to be desired and I would say it definitely leans more towards light than medium.
Overall a very good foundation for those natural days, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2011 7:45:00 AM More reviews by red_smarties

Color match for this foundation was quite good but that is where the positives end. It is very drying and thick, leaves a mask like feeling. Looks obvious when on and unnatural. Back to my Lancome Teint Idole which is much lighter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by moonchopin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have large pores, oily skin and am acne prone. I also have a difficult to match skin tone (light-medium golden beige, which tans a light bronze - NOT orange), where most foundations are either orange or too pale yellow beige. This is slightly teensy weeny bit darker than my natural skintone. However, it does not look like I am wearing a mask or make my skin look dirty. It feels like nothing on the skin. I use 1 pump for my entire face and 1/2 a pump to pat as concealer on top of blemishes because it covers my acne pretty well. It does not clump or dry out my skin. My skin looks natural and like skin and not like I am wearing foundation. I did not want to like this foundation because I like sheer airy weightless types of foundation like Teint Miracle or Becca luminous colour or Clarins new radiance foundation, which allows me to slap on foundation with abandon mixed in with moisturizer because it never overlayers. However, with this I do have to be uber careful. I used golden beige 7.

For reference these are the other foundations I attempted to use or do use:

Origins: Warm Beige (really nice)
Mac NC25 (too peachy)
MAC NC30 (too orange and too dark)
Clarins Honey (too brown, not yellow, wonderful texture and look)
CD Nude Linen 21 (too pale yellow beige and drying)
CD Sand 30 (too orange/dark)
Lancome Teint Miracle Buff 7 W (super sheer/ light peach hint but wearable)
Shu Uemura Water 964 (slightly pale yellow medium beige but with bronzer works really well and mixes well with Armani fluid sheers to darken)
Becca Luminous skin colour in camel or olive (slight hint of red).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by sardun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am in love with this foundation. Want a flawless face? :::check::: This will do just that. I had gotten a sample for 3 YSL foundations and this one just blew all the rest of them out of the water. I love that it give your skin a glow but without being dewy. I wear #5 (peach) and I am a MAC NW25. The color works pretty well. I can't say it's a perfect match on untanned skin but with a little self tanner it looks great. I love how it makes my skin feel and look. Like almost all YSL products it has a melon scent which smells really nice IMO. The lasting power is pretty impressive. I could wear it almost all day and it still looks great.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 8:51:00 AM More reviews by Colleen596

I have been on the hunt for the perfect foundation for my combo/dryish in the winter skin for awhile. I love this stuff. It covers the redness and makes my skin look flawless and lasts all day. I even had a couple of people comment on how nice my skin looked, which hardly ever happens.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Theundercore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is absolutely beautiful. It hid my pores very well, stayed on for over 16 hours, and did not break me out at all (EVERYTHING breaks me out). Throughout the day, the foundation did not begin to float on top of my skin at all. I thought that this might be an HG foundation for me!

My only complaint about this foundation is actually a huge one, one that saddens me tremendously.

Day 1:
After I applied this foundation, I literally jumped for joy. I was so excited by the lovely, incredibly natural finish. By the end of the day my skin looked flawless, but my eyes began to itch a bit.

day 2:
I was still extremely excited about the finish and staying power, but I began to feel a bit of grit IN my eyes.

day 3:
My eyes started getting red and irritated.

day 4;
my eyes were watery, irritated, itchy, puffy... I went to the doctor, and he told me that I got allergy conjunctivitis.... or pink eye induced by allergies...

I'm taking eye drops for my conjunctivitis, and of course, I stopped using this foundation completely. My eyes are doing so much better!

I'm so sad that I got such a horrible allergic reaction to this foundation, especially since it's such a beautiful product. I'm still rating it a 4 because I still love it... but it's just not for me. If you are prone to allergies like I am, be cautious. If you are not, then DO try this foundation!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2011 7:50:00 AM More reviews by karmabum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this YSL foundation after finding that Diorskin Nude Hydrating foundation's colors were just a bit off for me and made me look a little chalky. I got Sand which is a little yellow for me but not as bad as the Dior 21. The texture is thin but it does blend well and does not cause dry patches on my face. It makes my skin feel soft and does add a bit of a glow. If I have a blemish then concealer is necessary on top of the foundation. There is a fruity type perfume smell but it is not super strong. The price was $48 US which is high to me.

Not my HG but a very good foundation.