October 30, 2014 | 1533 users online

Hair Styling Tools - TiGi - BED HEAD Wave Artist

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by MakeupManiac5699

I got this in 2012 for Christmas. I have long, dry, thin hair. I was SO excited to get this product, so when it finally came to me, I tried it out right away. My reaction?
Meh..
It works pretty well. It's not STUNNING or anything, but it works. It would take me way too long to do my hair like this every day, so I rarely use it. I loved the packaging and the color of the tool. I guess I would repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by mcrispino

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I watched numerous tutorials on the wave artist and it looked so easy. The second I started using the wave artist, my hair started billowing smoke and set the smoke alarm off. I have no product in my hair. Seems dangerous!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Remykat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

When people claim to have naturally wavy hair (that's shiny and mermaid-y enough to steal your man), I suspect they really have ratty hair and just have this appliance stashed in their bathroom drawer. I stalked this product on the internet for 2 weeks, watched the tutorials on alternatives for waving (braid wet hair and dry it? use an infinity wand? forgo the clamp on my curling iron?), and ultimately bought the Wave Artist. This is pretty darn easy to use (though I did get one minor burn on my finger during the first use). Makes believable waves, but they are very regular. You can also switch the angle of how you hold the waver or flip it over to get a little variety if you're the daredevil type (and I am, oh yes!). Also, the sleeker your hair is beforehand, the more it will lay down meekly into those coveted S's. To pump it up, just round brush dry, slick the surface hair with the flat iron, THEN use the waver. Puh-POW! Layered hair will probably end up with major body regardless, so be prepared. If you've been wondering how to get those "Jennifer Aniston/ approachable-sex-goddess/ pick-a-popular-actress/ seriously have you seen ANY rom-coms in the past 3 years?" hair, look no further. But please don't use your new powers to steal my man, k?

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by katerz

My best friend bough this waver last year and I always wondered how she got her hair to look like that. She used this on my hair and I was in love! I went out the next day to buy it, and as luck would have it, it was on sale at my local Meijer's for around $12! Normally its more around $30 so I was even more in love. It makes beautiful, extremely soft waves that literally last for days. I personally like to use this on my hair at night before I go to bed and then slightly touch it up in the morning. My hair is super thick so it turns out rather large at first, and sleeping on it tends to calm it down some. I love this tool for the summer months, and this was definitely money well spent!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2011 1:33:00 PM More reviews by lyshxx33

the TIGI Bed Head Wave Artist works amazing! My hair is naturally curly and frizzy and I never thought I would be able to have nice beachy looking waves. I saw a review of this product on youtube and decided to order it off of ulta. It works amazing and does exactly what its supposed to do! The waves last for a couple days too! I would defiantly recommend this product to everyone, its a little time consuming but its very easy to use. Best 30 bucks i ever spent!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by onceuponatime15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love love this waver. I ordered this on Amazon, originally thinking that it was a crimper not a waver. It is on the big side so be careful that you don't accidentally pinch your ear with this or burn your hands (which I surprisingly haven't so far!). I clamp this over a 1 inch section of my hair on low-to-medium heat and hold it for 10 seconds, then I repeat and do sections of my hair until it's complete. There are some tutorials on YouTube on how to use this. It was quick and easy to use, affordable, and I got a ton of compliments on my hair! <3 Just make sure to use a heat protectant!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 8:21:00 AM More reviews by princesspie321

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this!!! Affordable, easy to use, and beautiful waves that lasts all day!

I would highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by CertifiedBeautyAddict

This didn't live up to my expectations at all.

It might work for some people, but it did not help me on my quest for an easy way to add waves to my hair. It really only seemed to add frizz.

I might try this again when my hair grows out a little longer, but for now it's in the closet.

**UPDATE**

I tried this again and realized I was expecting the wrong kind of result from this waver. When I initially got this I was using it all wrong and using way too many products. Since my hair is curly and frizzy I use this on hair that was straightened the day before and use a lot of heat protection.

I like to take small random chunks of hair and crimp them the entire length. Some I hold for 10 seconds, and some I only hold for 5. Some pieces don't get crimped at all. When finished and the hair as cooled I run my fingers through and scrunch with a styling cream for definition. This is the easiest way to get natural looking bed head/beach waves.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by JamaicanWhitie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am so in love with the beachy wave look, and I have been searching for everything to try and find a way to achieve that look until one day I stumbled across some reviewers on youtube who were using this weird big iron looking thing on their hair. And I was so amazed by how beautiful their hair looked when they were using it. So I just had to get one too! I got mine at London Drugs for $50.
After styling my hair in waves, I got soooo many compliments on my hair, i just love this tool! I am so happy that I discovered it! The search has ended!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 1:19:00 AM More reviews by interruptedx

I have curly/wavy hair but it does not have a consistent texture. the bottom of my hair is tighter curls and the top is looser waves. This tool helps a lot to make the texture look more consistent. I bought it at ULTA, it was around 20-30$. It heats up very quickly and is very easy to use. Creates a great deep wave. I love it.