September 22, 2014 | 1206 users online

Brows - NYX - Eyebrow Cake Powder - Black/Grey

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by schoolgirl101

My go to brow powder. It's great when you have black eyebrows and are looking for a matte gray to fill in the sparse areas. The brow gel is not good, but the two matte gray and black colors provided are great to have and the products lasts for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Iampo0kie

This is a great products for Asian girls who actually want their brows to match their hair.

I use the grey powder the most, it provides enough color to subtly redefine my brows. If I want to extend my brows I lightly dipped my angled liner brush into the black powder. It stays put unless you rub your eyebrows.

I used the wax once, but it didn't keep my brows in place at all. I feel like the powder & wax break me out, especially since I cant thoroughly cleanse the area without losing all my eyebrow hairs... still figuring a good system for this :/ Also the brushes are useless. But overall a good product for a good price

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by AlwaysDouze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brow set is awesome! It's convenient, small, affordable, easy to use, and great quality. The colors aren't too pigmented, but they still show up. I love the wax too. I would recommend for you to give this a try

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by catpopulation

this is a great product. i use this everyday to fill my eyebrows, i kinda like cara delevingne's bushy eyebrows and this product helps me to achieve that look, this looks really natural, it comes with a wax to seal the eyebrow powder. my boyfriend doesn't even notice i have this on, all he knows is that i naturally have bushy eyebrows which is so cool haha

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by lancherie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this eyebrow powder, it's not super pigmented which is what I usually look for so my eyebrows can look more natural. I have black hair (I am asian) and I use grey for everyday but black if I'm going out with dramatic eye makeup. Nice and easy to apply, got nothing at all bad to say about the powders. I don't find the wax that great, I prefer using my own eyebrow gel (I find waxes a little messy) but it's great how it's in there cause if I'm going somewhere for a short amount of time I just use the wax. Comes with a nice little spoolie but the brush is useless.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by SamanthaMD12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Awesome color! Best eyebrow shadow out there. I've tried MAC and it seems to smudge after a couple of hours. This one looks natural and has great staying power.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 10:16:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

This is simply the best brow filler I've ever tried
Price: $10.07 CAD
Colour: sooty grey and dark charcoal
Texture: dry, smooth
Pigmentation: medium; buildable
I don't use the wax as much seeing that my brow hairs are straight and short-ish. I use the lighter shade to fill in the inner part of my brows while the darker shade is used for the arch, underside, and outer part. It looks much, much more natural than a pencil, trust me and stays on pretty much all day
The spoolie and angled brush are handy for when you're travelling :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

This is simply the best brow filler I've ever tried
Price: $10.07 CAD
Colour: sooty grey and dark charcoal
Texture: dry, smooth
Pigmentation: medium; buildable
The spoolie and angled brush are handy for when you're travelling :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by RustGospel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Through out years and years of dying my medium-reddish brown hair various shades of ebony, it's fair to say that I've cycled through brow products just as much as I have brands and hues of dye. Sure, I've suffered a great many disappointments- from parading about in a full face of makeup sans brows and looking quite undone (when I was much younger, of course), to using carbon black shades which made my brows look pasted on and pencils which caked or left strange undertones present on my skin when blended out. Thankfully today, I have nothing but praises to sing for Nyx's Black/Grey Eyebrow Cake!

I was more than content to be using Maybelline's Define-A-Brow pencil in Soft Black (Discontinued, sadly) a few months ago. It was and still is an excellent product, though when I began growing my brows into a slightly straighter, angular, and more androgynous style I found that the color was much too dark and made me appear a little more masculine than I desired. Enter grey eyeshadow! I'd mostly just used matte black shadows tapped off and blended out on the back of my hand prior to my discovery of grey. While this worked for me somewhat, I found that often times my brows were still a bit harsh- especially during the daytime. After experimenting with grey using a shimmery shadow I had, I decided that I'd take the leap and invest in matte grey products as the effect is much more natural and softer looking despite the fact that my brows are a muted black on their own.

I'd tried Nyx's eyebrow pencils before and though I wasn't impressed by that particular shade/product, I decided to give them another go. I could not be more impressed by Nyx's Eyebrow Cake. It's honestly probably going to be my first declared 'HG' product! The two colors in the little kit are grey, one a darker but still soft cool-toned medium charcoal and the other a perhaps oh-so-slightly warmer but much lighter slate grey color. Despite having naturally black brows, the lighter color gives the most natural look I've ever been able to cultivate. It honestly looks like my brows are truly that full and groomed all on their own, like they just grow that way all by themselves. I couldn't believe it! The darker grey is perfect in areas where my brows are still growing in and frankly still pretty bald. It is also good for nights when I feel like doing an all out POWER BROW and offers just enough definition to keep it from looking like I have stick-on eyebrows.

The little tools included in the kit are rather adorable but I have yet to use them and doubt I will unless I'm traveling, so I can't speak to as how well they work. I can't say for the wax either as I haven't used it, but I certainly will update this review when I have. Honestly, the shadows themselves are utter perfection and I'd probably overlook these little extras if they happened to suck. We'll see.

All in all, I feel incredibly grateful that I took the plunge and decided to get Nyx's Eyebrow Cake. The price is more than excellent for the quality of the products and even more so for the convenience of having your tools, the powders, and wax all in one nifty little kit. I truly never thought that I'd have plush, natural looking brows and had resigned to the fact that since my hair was stark black, my brows would forever be severe and ostentatious looking. I'm absolutely in love with the fact that I can now rock softer, carefree sort of looks and let my brows take a back seat as well as having the option to play them up and really let them be a main feature in a look without having them steal the show entirely. If your hair is Jet or Blue/Bright Black and your brows are naturally medium-dark, I couldn't recommend this product enough. It's really been a complete godsend for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by anjellee

I have the one in dark brown/brown
Lasts all day on my eyebrows, it actually is kinda waterproof aswell which is great! I tried taking it off with water, but it didnt budge :D
Gives a soft look, I havent used the wax since my eyebrows are pretty tame