Freeman Facial Clay Mask - Mint & Lemon

4.4

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Kaolin, Bentonite, Titanium Dioxide, Propylene Glycol, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract (Lemon), Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract (Peppermint), Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Capric/Caprylic Triglyceride, Montmorillionite, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Polyacrylate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 5 Lake, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090)

on 2/7/2015 4:29:00 PM

I love this clay mask! You only need a little bit, so it will last a long time. My skin is super soft after using it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

It would be amazing for oily, combo skin. If you are dry like myself, stay far away. It is just too drying and makes your face so tight and uncomfortable after use. However, if you wanted to spot treat a blemish, it would be a good one to use. It just dries it out overnight.

on 1/25/2015 12:47:00 PM

This mask is a light greyish color. It smells incredible and drys fairly quickly to my skin.
It also washed off very easily. My skin felt more smooth and looked less shiny after use.

My acne looks better 2 hours or so after use. :)

on 1/6/2015 4:46:00 AM

I had this in the small sample size packs - but I got four uses out of that. It's a nice light clay mask, pale minty green in colour. It smells faintly lemony, and is nice and refreshing. I would leave it on for 10 minutes or so then wash it off in the shower - it rinses off very easily and leaves skin feeling pretty soft and smooth.

I would buy this again, but my store didn't have the full size in stock so I went with the chocolate and strawberry one.

on 11/30/2014 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Holy grail mask. I've tried other Freeman masks, and while they're still pretty good, this is the best one. This really suck up the excess oil from your skin and does wonders for my complexion! This may not be great for dry skins but I have not experienced any drying on my skin. It has a great fresh lemony scent. The only can that I can think of is that it can irritate my eyes if I put some of the mask near them but considering the results, it's something I can deal with.

on 11/16/2014 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

PROS

- scent
- pores minimized
- dries quickly

CONS

- a little drying

COMMENTS: I find this a little bit drying, but nothing that would keep me from repurchasing. I love the scent - it's very refreshing, yet sweet. I like that this stuff dries quickly, yet the consistency isn't too thick or thin. It's very easy to apply and rinse off. It helps with pores and oil control, as well.

Will repurchase.

on 10/26/2014 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this mask. I purchased several small package masks from Freeman after trying this Clay Mask. The other masks are alright, but I love this clay mask and majority of their Clay Mask. I have super oily skin, my skin becomes very clean and clear after the mask. It also pulls out all the blackhead, whitehead, nasty stuff under the skin. I wish I could use it everyday, but it is not recommended. Anyway, 5/5, super cheap. 2.99 at Publix and Walgreens. <3

on 10/20/2014 5:11:00 AM

I bought this after seeing the good reviews. It has helped to keep my skin pretty clear after my facial, prolonging the effects ( of a clean face). I had a spot threatening to erupt on my chin, and this, together with my usual spot treatment manage to calm it down. Just using my usual spot treatment, the calming effect is about half.

So I do recommend this. The only thing I don't like about freeman is the artificial colourings in most if not all their products

on 9/19/2014 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

**I found out I can't use Propylene Glycol, and possibly Butylene Glycol. It took a long time to figure out but that's the reason I can't use this product**

I usually don't review so early on, but I just have to. I just bought this but I already like it in comparison to the Queen Helene one I was using.

Packaging: I bought the tube in both brands but Freeman wins with the flip top. It's so much cleaner and just easier to use.

Smell: I never liked the smell of the Queen Helene. It smells like mint gum and I hate gum. The Freeman one is refreshing and delicious. Much better.

Consistency: The Freeman one is much thinner but I actually like that. QH is so thick it's hard to get on and to remove. I'm so used to having to have a certain amount of moisture on my face to get the QH on evenly. I even have a fan brush for it. So I had to get used to not having too wet of a face for the Freeman mask but that took like, my first application to learn how to work this consistency. Then the removal is also much easier. I actually have faded roots from all the extra rinsing and working to get the QH out of my hair line after the water pushes it up there. Ughhh.

Effectiveness: Ok, I can't speak to this too much since I've only used it a few times, but I find it works better. Maybe not a miracle, but better than QH. I say that because I found the QH so drying....it felt like it was slightly pulling the blackheads up, but not out. They would then make me look so bumpy and if I tried to extract them, my skin would get so red and irritated because it was so taut and dry. I can't say the Freeman mask eliminates them, but at least they don't look more pronounced so far. This also makes my skin feel a little more refreshed, maybe because of the lemon, which helps with brightness. (I could not use something like lemon alone, so it's nice to see it worked into a product like that.) Maybe it doesn't do that much, but I was running out of my QH and tried this instead. I'm also kind of sensitive and not really oily, so that may be why this is better for me, but for the other reasons as well I really prefer this one.

Update: So I can't use this often because I feel like it does pull up my forming pimples, which maybe would happen anyway and this just kind of progresses that. I tend to just use the Montagne-Jeunesse Dead Sea one more. I have a sneaking suspicion that one of the ingredients in this mask is a problem for me. I have fallen for the Alba Enzyme mask as well.

on 9/12/2014 5:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For a cheapo drugstore mask that you get a TON of (srsly, the tube is huge), if your skin can handle it, it should be in every bathroom as an effective...cheapo drugstore mask. :) I purchased it after reading the raves here, and I'm glad I did, as I'm just not a fan of the QHMJM (which I can't explain...I just didn't like it). My skin is fairly normal but my T-zone is oily and I have hormonal breakouts and clogged pores around my chin area, so I'm always looking for ways to get the gunk out. I slather this mask on about once every 7-10 days (not on a shower night), after cleansing and leave it on for about 30 mins. I rinse it off and my skin definitely feels smoother and my pores look visibly tighter. I follow with witch hazel toner and my Clinique DDMG and my skin is baby-soft in the morning. (I don't usually use the DDMG at night, but, I absolutely cannot use my regular night cream [Alpha Hydrox 10% lotion] because my cheeks sting like CRAZY after using the mask and the AH stuff together.) I will say this mask does pull out all the crap from your skin, so sometimes I wake up with a little spot...a purge, I would guess. I probably would not recommend this mask to anyone with dry or sensitive skin without a spot-test first -- the mint and lemon are strong and could be drying. Also, my eyes water a bit when the mask is on and still wet, but once the mask dries out more it's not an issue. I will repurchase this to have as a backup, as my endless searching for the perfect mask continues. :)

Popular Masks