Revlon Colourstay in Buff

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.4%), Zinc Oxide (2.0%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau (Water, Eau), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4, Isostearate, HDI/Trimethol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Phenyltrimethicone, Nylon 12, Alumina, Magnesium Sulfate, Isododecane, Boron Nitrate, Methicone, Laureth 7, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum (White Lily) Bulb Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower (Orchid) Extract, Serica (Silk Powder) (Silk), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Tribehenin, Bisabolol (L-Alpha), Silica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Ammonium Polyacrylatedimethyl Tauramide, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ethylene Brassylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-):, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947)

on 1/23/2014 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This foundation is one of the best I have tried from a drugstore, and it still lacked many things.
I have acne prone skin and the foundation was able to cover that without a need for concealer which is the main reason I like it, as it doesn't really have many other pros. Oh and the colour buff is perfect for my pale skin, which was a bonus. It has many streak marks when applied with a brush and fingers so I have to spend a bit of time trying to even them out, and it is too liquidy to be applied properly with a cotton pad. I may have to try a sponge. I could not wear this foundation alone, it has to be accompanied with powder and some form of colour for it not too look ghostly. The price is pretty expensive in Australia at about $35 a bottle, which sucks. So all in all, it has amazing coverage and that's about all.

on 1/11/2014 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I had to buy this online cause it isn't anywhere to find here in Denmark.. But I'm glad I did!!
WOW. My skin looks soooo good (well the best it is able to look)

Pros:
- It stays on all school day (about 8 hours - I haven't tried it out for longer time)
- The color "Buff" is perfect for my fair skin!
- It's absolutly the best foundation I've tried to control my oily skin!!
- Can be applied in several layers
- Surprisingly easy to apply!

Cons:
- The tube/packaging !
- It dosen't have a full coverage as I've read in other reviews (but it's perfect for day-looks!)

I will defiantly buy it again!!

on 1/3/2014 7:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It's funny when I put this on and see my self in the mirror it looks pretty average but when I look in natural light it looks fabulous. Reminds me kind of of Estée Lauder Dw not as full coverage in my opinion but very very close it looks more natural and is a defiant matte finish but doesn't make me look flat and dull.
I prefer not using a primer I just use my 'simple matte moisturiser' and makes it feel matte for longer but if I found a decent primer I think it will be even better but atm I'm just using NYX matte finish primer which in my opinion not that great at all. Any way I have a very oily t zone especially my forehead and chin and this foundation keeps it matte most of the day but ofcourse I set the foundation with my Maybelline dream matte powder or on special occasions clinique matte powder (forgot the name) which defiantly helps but I only apply in the t zone then I just apply a translucent loose powder every where els just coz I don't want it to cake to much
But overall great foundation I Looovveee it! U just gotta know how to work with it:) oh an another thing I find the best way to apply this foundation is with a beauty blender, sigma f80 and a normal foundation brush of-course work quickly

Pros
Long lasting
Matte
Great coverage
Non scented

Cons
Living in australia the prices are higher than US so the price for this foundation is $37.00 which is what most people in the US pay for high end brands

Not a great colour range

on 12/29/2013 10:41:00 PM

I decided to write a review of this finally. I"m a makeup artist who is used to high end makeup brands. A couple months ago, I decided to find a cheaper foundation that I could use more often on myself that lasted all day while I was on photoshoots.(I personally feel like highlighting and contouring looks better with foundation under it) another makeup artist had talked about this stuff and Target had it for ten bucks so i gave it a shot. I have sensitive skin but it was pretty clear at the time. Let me tell you, changing to this foundation was absolutely the worst decision I'd ever made. For a week or two my skin looked beautiful when I wore this, but slowly I started noticing that the more I used this stuff the more I needed to use the next day. Fast forward to 2 months after I'd started using this my skin is an absolute mess! I stopped using it but clearly the damage had been done, now I spend most days make up free and when I work I use a much much gentler foundation. I really do not recommend this stuff and am now trying to get my skin back to it's clear state.

On the plus side of this foundation it did cover the acne it was causing very well..

on 12/20/2013 2:18:00 PM

I bought this foundation a few months ago to combat the oilier areas on my nose, chin and forehead and red areas on my cheeks. The foundation is much higher coverage than i normally go for, but a small amount goes a long way so it doesn't look fake and looks natural when blended in well. I found that it could be a little drying, but coupled with a good primer the foundation goes on smooth and keeps my skin matte but bright all day, normally without any need to touch up. I sometimes use a brush but think that using fingers is just as good, especially because the foundation dries quite quickly! only downside is that there's no pump on the bottle which makes it a bit messy!

on 12/9/2013 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After reading so many good reviews of this foundation on this website I was very excited to try it! Before I even tried it the first thing I disliked was the price. Here in Australia a bottle of this stuff goes for about $35, which in my opinion in a bit too pricey for a drug store foundation. Once I got it home and opened it I was really hoping that the actual quality of the foundation inside would make up for the amount I paid, sadly I was disappointed.
The bottle I bought had a pump on it which was good because it made it easy to control the amount of foundation that was dispensed, and the bottle fitted nicely in my hand size wise. The first thing I noticed when I pumped out the foundation was the smell and texture. Scent wise it had a strong, almost chemically smell to it which I didn't particularly like, and the texture of the foundation was very runny.
Still holding out for the quality of the foundation I applied a little onto my stippling brush from Blank Cosmetics and proceeded to gently buff it onto my skin. Almost immediately the foundation began to make the skin underneath my eyes sting quite badly. Now I don't consider myself to have sensitive skin after trying numerous drug store foundations, but this foundation has made me start to wonder otherwise!
I continued to buff it in, now pretty desperately holding out for something in the foundation formula that would make it worth the price I paid.
The foundation did buff in quite nicely, but by no means did it give my skin a natural finish. I have tried applying it with my fingers and a brush and also with primer underneath but every time it has sunk very quickly into my pores and really accentuated them and also given an unnatural, almost cakey finish! I also always have to use a little powder over my foundation on account of my oily skin so I don't get oily during the day, and this foundation did not perform well at all with powder over the top, it went extremely cakey looking!
I do have to say though, in terms of staying power this foundation is very good! I've tried wearing it for the whole day, from mid morning to really late at night and I didn't experience any flaking, slipping or transferring at all! It also has a very good coverage, it covered over all my acne scarring and even pimples without needing any concealer over the top.

Overall:

Pros:
- Has very good coverage.
- Has really good staying power and doesn't transfer, slip or flake for over 10+ hours.
-The bottle is a good size.
-The bottle has a pump on the top now, which makes the product easy to dispense.
-Buffs in quite easily.

Cons:
- Price (here in Australia at least!)
- Made the skin under my eyes sting quite badly, even though I don't consider myself to have sensitive skin.
- Had an unnatural almost cakey finish when applied with both fingers and a make-up brush.
- Sunk into and really accentuated my pores.
- Went very cakey with powder applied on top.

I was disappointed with this foundation overall, and I most likely will not be looking to purchase it again.

on 11/29/2013 6:34:00 AM

I think I went a little bit too light with this color, when I saw it in person (it's not available in my country) I thought it's gonna look very ashy and pale on me, but with a pea sized amount and stippling brush it blends beautifully, even more so with fingers if you're doing your own makeup. Seems to be very buildable, there is no overbearing scent and the texture dries into a smooth, not completely flat but matte, kinda powdery finish so it looks and feels very light and natural. This color corresponds to MAC ~NC20 but it is neutral toned - I have pink undertones and this evens out my skin color very nicely. Overall a lovely product, only problem for me is obviously the dumb glass bottle without a pump. I'm still going to get this in different colors for my kit though.

on 11/6/2013 5:09:00 AM

Revlon Colour Stay.

They have CHANGED THE FORMULA, Aaaaaarrrgghhhhh!

Why when Revlon colourstay got lots of praise and humdinger reviews on how superlative it is, did they go and change the formular.

My colour Buff, is now too light, and people have actually been saying that I look quite pale. Worse though than this, the foundation goes on fine at first, but after two hours it separates and goes particle cakey and streaky! I hate that. The reason why I used Revlon Colourstay is that it actually looks like I am wearing no foundation, NOW, it is the OPPOSITE. The effect on my skin is rubbish, and my ruddy skin actually looks better without it!!! Go figure.

The other bad thing about the new formula is it’s staying power. It lasts as long as the previous formula but TAKING IT OFF!!! Is sooooo hard. It is clingier than a baby koala bear! When I clean my skin with my very deep cleanser, this stuff is still on my face afterwards!! You can still see a thin layer on the skin so I gave up: effectively I was SLEEPING IN MY MAKE-UP which we all know is a bad no- no!! I could also see it collecting, dry, in my pores after a couple of days. No wonder others have complained that the new form broke them out! Gasp sigh, I am actually upset that they have changed the formula from brill to shrill. I wrote to Revlon to tell them of this. Apparently, several others have also complained about the new pants formula. I am actually upset. It was the only one I could rely on for staying power, coverage, and flawless finish ( improved even more-so with benefit porefessional primer ). Now all other foundations fall small of these hurdle ;( .

Revlon, please re-consider and bring back the brilliant formula when you realise how much better it was, Amen xx

on 10/12/2013 2:43:00 PM

So I purchased the revlon colourstay in ivory because I have very pale skin, I didn't notice until I'd purchased it that this one was for normal/dry skin, I have combination skin, however considering it worked great against my skin, not too oily, not too dry, it was just right. The shade, I probably should have purchased the buff shade in fact because although I have really pale skin, the shade isn't right, it's a bit pinky like some other people have mentioned with the ivory shade and it just didn't blend to my skin tone correctly, it was a bit fake looking almost. I like foundations to blend and look natural, however it isn't cakey looking, or cakey feeling, I just think it was the tone that was wrong and it does have a lovely coverage, its a bit tricky to get the coverage right though, as it doesn't really blend well, again that might be down to the shade, I am yet to trial another shade, athough it is a bit of a 'watery' consistency which also could be the problem because it spreads a bit too well almost. You only need a little to go a long way, but sometimes too much can come out, cause the bottle is a pain, it has no pump or anything, you just pour it out, I'm also not a fan of glass foundation bottles, I just prefer tubes, you can get more out towards the end of finishing the product by squeezing, but a lot of glass bottled product goes to waste cause it just becomes a pain to get out at the bottom. I do use a mineral powder over the top of this product with a brush just to blend it correctly and give it a nice even finish. This product I don't reccomend to people with acne prone skin, as I have acne prone skin and it does cause me to break out if I wear it too often, I have heard the same from others. I tend to wear this foundation if I'm going out to a a party or for something special, its a bit more striking than my natural bb cream which I use in the day and stops my skin from looking redish however I have known it to let my skin become quite shiny half way through the night, this is probably because I purchased normal/dry skin, I could do with combination maybe. Overall its not a bad product, there have been a couple of downfalls, but I don't think I have chosen the correct one for my skin so this could be why. So I would buy again to see.

on 7/13/2013 5:48:00 AM

This foundation is, by far, the best I have ever used. I have the one for dry skin. It gives me amazing coverage and has a gorgeous finish. I find that I only need a small amount of this beautiful foundation to make my skin look flawless. I just love wearing it and highly recommend it for everyone to try.