Lancome Hydra Zen Neurocalm Extreme Soothing Moisturising Cream-Gel

3.9

I bought this moisturiser a while ago now, and I stopped using it after a couple of months but recently started using it again.
The packaging is very pretty, and the product does last for a very long time as only a small amount is needed.
The woman on the Lancome stall told me that this moisturiser would be very hydrating but as it was a gel it wouldn't make my slightly more oily like some other moisturisers do, however after using it for a week now my skin is actually feeling less smooth and more dry than before, which is weird as I have combination oily skin. Because of this I am going to use it until it runs out just because I paid so much for it, then I will probably not purchase it again
It has also made me break out around my cheeks which is annoying as I had clear skin until I started using this product again.

on 7/13/2012 9:47:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I was looking for a light feeling creme-gel and it felt nice to start with, but I found it felt sticky even a while after I put it on, so I doubt I will even use the rest of it.

on 5/29/2012 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a really nice moisturizer. I especially like it in the summer time when it's hot and humid out, it's a nice treat for the skin because it's so cooling. I like to keep it in the fridge to help cool down. The fragrance isn't too strong and it feels nice on the skin. I like the cream gel consistency. Good for sensitive normal/combination skin.

on 4/9/2012 8:30:00 PM

Performance: Best work with the toner from the same range (I'm using aqua gel for oily skin). My skin feel so 'cool' and fresh and it is very nice for climate weather. It calm down my skin and skin feel so dewy after using both of the aqua gel toner and cream-gel.

Texture: Jelly like gel texture in pink colour. Leave sticky film on skin but will fade after a little while.

Scent: Rose like scent, very soothing and relaxing but a little overwhelm.

Packaging: Pretty pink tube but not very hygienic.

Worthiness: If you are looking for something that makes your skin feels great, this is the one. Skin feel so soft and healthy. I feel like my skin has been drinking a lot of water. Recommend for climate weather and best use with the aqua gel toner from the same range.

on 8/28/2011 8:49:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a really nice light weight moisturizer! I like the Hydra Zen line. My skin can be a bit sensitive, so this is nice for my skin. It's light and absorbs well. Very moisturizing and refreshing to use!

on 8/22/2011 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I recommend Hydra Zen Extreme Soothing Moisturizing Cream-Gel to those with 'young skin' who are just starting out with Lancôme or those who are looking for a very light weight moisturizer (especially during summer). This product has the same consistency as Aqua Fusion however, since it is no longer sold where I am, I had to start using Hydra Zen. Although it is more expensive, I've been using this for 2 years and I am very happy with the results: my skin feels refreshed and soft every time I put it on.
The reviewer under me did a fantastic job explaining the cream so I'll just add a quick tip: I find this product works very well with its sister product Hydra Zen Teinte which is a tinted moisturizer. I say that it is good to combine the two because the tinted moisturizer on its own is too thick to work with and in addition, of course the tint will give you a light coverage with double the moisturizing powers...if that is even possible haha ^_^
My only negative is that in Australia, it is difficult to find this cream in a pump form as I find the jars are prone to being a little on the unhygienic side, a bit more difficult to carry in your bag etc. and from personal experience, if you drop these jars, there's no coming back (talk about an expensive mistake -_- /facepalm)!!

on 10/27/2010 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

It's moisturising but doesn't soothe my sensitive skin. On the contrary, it makes my face redder. Also, the ingredients, isopropyl myristate which will cause acne and Red 4 which may cause cancer are real turn-offs.

on 9/23/2010 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I am writing the review on the new "cream-gel" version!

Pro:
- Cheaper then cream-version *68$ in Canada*
- Very watery and relaxing
- Absort very quickly!
- Pleasent scent
- Work extremely well with my serums and under-make up!
- Better then cream version, skin breath better, feel much lighter yet it provide enough hydration!

Con:
- No Anti-aging.
- It work very similar as Aqua Fusion Cream-Gel... but much pricer!

Basically I would recommand this to most people who doesn't need a serious anti-aging treatment. This feel very hydration yet not heavy for my acne prone skin. The texture remind me of Lancome Aqua Fusion, it work slight better. (AQF sometimes sting my skin but this doesn't) For some reason the whole hydra-zen lines are way over-priced, but I will repurchase during summer or hot seasons.

Popular Moisturizers