October 22, 2014 | 2065 users online

Liquid - Sonia Kashuk - Perfecting Luminous

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2013 2:49:00 AM More reviews by BrizzyB

Stay away if you have Dry or acne prone skin! Has shimmer in it, broke me out really bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by CarnegieHallViolist

I really like this foundation. It covers well and it has a gorgeous shimmer to it. I also like its soft and clean scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Drawmeapainting

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased this foundation to wear when I go out with my friends and we take pictures because all my other foundations has SPF and make my face look way more white than it already is. I picked it up at Target for 9.99 USD in the shade Vanilla which was the second from the lightest.
It comes in a hard plastic tube and I was surprised when I took the cap off and it had a pump! It's a bit odd packaging but it works.
I think it has a natural finish. It says its luminous but I don't find it overly dewy or glowy and works on my fairly oily skin without making me look like a grease ball. It also doesn't contain SPF and doesn't give me a white cast in photos which is what I was looking for. I would repurchase but I am constantly changing up my makeup and products to test and try out new ones. If I don't find something else I like, I will definitely come back.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by elleerie

I have pale, neutral skin so finding a drugstore match can be very difficult. I decided to buy this product in bisque after a friend with a similar complexion liked it. While there are a lot of pros to the product, after three or four weeks of use it began breaking me out in itchy red hives as soon as I put it on. I do not have sensitive skin, and I have never gotten hives from a foundation before. Needless to say, I quit using the product, and I had to clean all of my makeup brushes because even AFTER discontinuing use, whatever trace amounts were on my brushes was enough to break me out again. The friend who recommended it to me also stopped using it, because after about a month of use the product began breaking her out as well.

PROS -
* cost
* good color match for pale skin tones
* doesn't feel cakey
* nice smell

CONS -
* break outs
* needed powder on my skin or would become fairly oily

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by JennaLia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Was expecting more out of this product. Really wanted to like it at first but didn't happen.

Cons:
-odd texture, feels sticky to skin
-not for oily/acne prone skin
-smears after a few hours
-odd smell
-not much variety in tones/color

Pros:
-Cheap price
-Buildable coverage

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by SeeAndBelieve

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really bad coverage! I've used tinted moisturizers with heavier coverage that this. I literally finished this in 3 days because it's only .6 fl oz! My lipgloss tubes have more than that! Terrible, don't waste $10 on this when you couls by Loreal True Match or Revlon Colorstay for the same price...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 2:30:00 AM More reviews by zeppelindoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm pretty new to liquid foundations and have only tried several brands so far. I was fortunate enough to discover Sonia Kashuk at my local Target and this foundation is perfect for my slightly pink, mostly yellow undertone skin. I use "vanilla" during the winter months when I'm paler and "cream" during summer when I have a little bit of a tan going on.

I've tried both drugstore brands and higher end foundations from Sephora--I was using Revlon Colorstay before switching, and although I liked the coverage, it felt very heavy and tacky on my skin. I also tried Makeup Forever's Face & Body Liquid and found that it was an okay product for a ridiculously high price tag. Neither of these brands produced a color that precisely matched my skin color, either.

Sonia Kashuk's Perfecting Luminous suits my skin tone exactly and provides medium coverage if worn alone, giving my face a dewy, natural sheen, which is fine for the cooler months when I'm not so oily. If I want fuller coverage I'll also use powder on top and my skin looks close to perfect.

I also don't mind the baked apple scent at all; I actually kind of like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 12:14:00 AM More reviews by brunettebarbie008

Hey girlies! :-)I purchased this a few weeks ago and decided to share my thoughts. (quick note: I have normal to dry skin, and am not the acne-prone type)
I got the shade Buff in 04 which suits my olive skin color very nicely. The yellow undertone is so hard to find in drugstore foundation; usually it being dramatically pink or peachy. It gives a nice dewy fresh look, without looking oily or too sheer. It is buildable. I usually apply with a makeup sponge, flat top foundation brush, or kabuki- depending on my preferred coverage for that day. The packaging is sleek and high end looking, and the pump is handy (I hate foundations that you "pour"). I've had much success with most of Sonia Kashuk's other products, and I like this one as well. Lasting power would be anywhere from about from 8-10 hours, given a well applied lotion, primer, and powder. Being $10 at your local target, I'd give it a go. The only downside is it being .6 fl oz (while most foundations are at least 1 fl oz).

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by liladriana07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my holy grail. I thought my search for the perfect foundation was finally over. When I was perusing around the Target aisle, looking for a yellowed tone foundation, my eyes caught to the Sonia Kashuk counter. I got the lightest shade (Bisque) for my NC15-NC20 skin tone and it matched perfectly. I am very yellow tone. Most of the foundations I've tried are pink, peach or neutral. The packaging is pretty sweet. It look like my skin but even better. I wore this to school nonstop because it provided a wonderful glow and light coverage. Week two came around. My face was itchy for some reason. It must be the summer heat. OMG. I broke in massive cystic pimples all over my face. I mean I get pimples because its within my skin's nature but this was different. My little sister was even taken aback and she usually sees me bare faced at home. Once I stop using this, the acne vanished. When I look at this, I cry a little. So much for HG foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 3:19:00 AM More reviews by eve33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

GREAT for supple looking skin, with just enough coverage. Been using this for a few years! Lucky for me I have oily skin and this is one of the most natural looking foundations with coverage I've ever used! I'm NC 35-40 olive tone and nearly impossible to match. This is the best match I've EVER found. Buff for NC30-35, Bamboo for NC35-40 - I often blend Buff and Bamboo, apply with an EcoTools kabuki brush, and look like my face has been air-brushed. It NEVER gets cakey, and wears well for 12 hours easily. I might powder my nose 1x day, but I don't find it bad for oily skin as others have said. I live in the Caribbean now - ULTRA ULTRA high humidity - and it wears better than MAC and Neutrogena foundations. Lets my natural glow shine through, but does cover up occasional break outs with concealer and powder. I always use Neutrogena Mineral powder over it, and the results are great for me. Price is right for $10.99. I see my face in photos and am shocked my skin looks that supple and great! And my skin is not my strong point! TRY IT!!!
UPDATE 12/7/13 - STILL AMAZING! In cold, dry climate for now and I use just a touch of Neutrogena Mineral Powder over my t-zone and wow, hours later I still look fresh. Please try it for dewy, fresh, natural looking skin. Only $10.99 at Target!
UPDATE 4/5/14 - I just went back to this after a 4 month break 'cause I ran out, and my skin looks so great again! I swear, Buff makes my skin look like it's glowing from within. Other foundations I use at times are good, but this one's FANTASTIC!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No