Sonia Kashuk Perfecting Luminous

3.5

Contains: Water, Isohexadecane, Isododecane, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Alumina, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10-1 Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-3 Beeswax, Silica, Sorbitan Isostearate, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Zinc Stearate, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-6 Dioleate Sodium Dehydroacetate, Potassium Sorbate, Lauroyl Lysine, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Chlorphenesin, Mannitol, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sorbitol, PCA Dimethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Fragrance, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Hexylene Glycol, Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Urea, Dextrin, Alanine, Glutamic Acid, Aspartic Acid Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. May Contain:Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines.

on 10/3/2013 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Best DS foundation I have found & I've tried almost all of them (not all the new ones that have release left & right). Anyways, I think this has been revamped, not that I've used the old one, but the newer one I saw available at Target righ now has a BLACK top. First of all Love the packaging, its a tube with a pump! Sits ontop of my vanity with the black lid down but when you untwist the cap theres a hidden pump that squirts evenly. Now for color selection after reading through MUA & seeing Carah Amelie on youtube rave about this I picked up Cream 03 and Buff 04. Ofcourse my NC20 yellow skin would be happier with a mix or something in between but I hate this extra step daily so had to choose one. The Cream has a more neutral undertone, that I could work with once blended out since this looks very natural. The Buff has more of a warmer undertone that I LOVE, this is the hint of slight color/tan I wish I had naturally to my skin (probably a NC25). I think this matches my arms more so I stuck with this. NOw for the only slight con-is the luminousity of this. I usually love the dewy look all year long and hate the matte finish face (even though its the latest trend) but this is what I find to makes the foundation wear down the quickly. It looks flawless on, oh it gives medium to full coverage, layering even NEVER gives cakey finish. I can skip a concealer even BUT even with setting it with powder it lasts 4-6 hours :( I can only do this when I'm running errands or going out half day. Im too conscious for a full day at work. But Im desperately waiting for the winter, when my dry, cracked peeling skin is looking for hydration and a healthy look. This will be HG status then for sure.

PS. Especially pick this up if you too couldn't find a match in the L'oreal TM Lumi Healthy foundation, which only carries a W1-W2 Procelin Ivory and then a W3 Nude beige. I would have been that W2 (that by the way is available internationally, I skipped it at a duty free shop nOt knowing it wasn't going to release to the US arghh) so have no fear; the SK delivers what I wish I could get with the L'oreal!

on 9/9/2013 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

In love.
This foundation's coverage is comparable to Make Up For Ever. I'm obsessed. I feel like a doll after putting it on. It's so smooth, it covers up any imperfections, and it lasts ALL day with my primer (I haven't tried without primer). I will be buying this for a long long time!!

on 8/28/2013 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The coverage was really, really natural and flawless and you only had to put it on your t-zone or imperfection spots because it blended so well. It wasn't really oily, but after one day of use I started to break out on the application spots. It was really disappointing because the coverage was so nice. I noticed that it had a very fragrant smell which can sometimes irritate the skin, and it was also a bit cakey upon application, although it did blend nicely, so that may be what caused my skin to break out. Over all, great product, but not for sensitive/acne-prone skin.

on 7/20/2013 11:03:00 PM

I have VERY yellow undertones and never really found a good match for foundation. I use to settle for mac nc44 but it felt cakey and was way too orange. This is perfect though and for less than 1/3 the price of the studio fix foundation. I apply a primer first then use a wet stippling brush to apply then add a bronzer or set with elf mist and set. If I only do half a face you can't see the difference except for my scars. It is meant for light coverage but is easily buildable to full if needed. It is named luminous but there is no glimmer and does not dry dewy on my skin. I have combination skin and I never have to touch up. I use bamboo the second darkest shade .The only downside is the there are no colors for deeper complexions and few choices , but if one of the shades matches get it now!

on 6/17/2013 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Like many of you, I am on a quixotic quest to find the perfect foundation. I love Revlon Colorstay, but have to mix shades to get it to match my NC30 skin. Sonia Kashuk Perfecting Luminous in Buff is another pitstop on my journey. The packaging is a mixed blessing: it is a hard plastic tube, so that unlike her TM, you cannot squeeze out the last drops. The good thing is that it's a pump with a cover, so it's sanitary, and you won't get foundation splooging out the sides. The consistency is slightly tacky and it smells like cinnamon. I thought this was a good color choice, but looking at the swatch, I can see how quickly it oxidized to an orangey-red. And so did the Sonia Kashuk TM! However, on my face it looks okay, but it wears off really fast.

on 6/8/2013 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I just got back from vacation & now a few shades darker -__-
I wanted a new foundation that was subtle for summer. Ive been curious about this line so gave it a try. I use the Buff shade. So far, i like it. Ive tried other luminous finish products, but they make me look so greasy! This hasnt done that yet.
One pump is all i need & i like the smell. I did notice it felt a little sticky when i applied.. But once it sets in, it goes away.

on 5/16/2013 2:49:00 AM

Stay away if you have Dry or acne prone skin! Has shimmer in it, broke me out really bad.

I really like this foundation. It covers well and it has a gorgeous shimmer to it. I also like its soft and clean scent.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I purchased this foundation to wear when I go out with my friends and we take pictures because all my other foundations has SPF and make my face look way more white than it already is. I picked it up at Target for 9.99 USD in the shade Vanilla which was the second from the lightest.
It comes in a hard plastic tube and I was surprised when I took the cap off and it had a pump! It's a bit odd packaging but it works.
I think it has a natural finish. It says its luminous but I don't find it overly dewy or glowy and works on my fairly oily skin without making me look like a grease ball. It also doesn't contain SPF and doesn't give me a white cast in photos which is what I was looking for. I would repurchase but I am constantly changing up my makeup and products to test and try out new ones. If I don't find something else I like, I will definitely come back.

on 12/28/2012 8:59:00 PM

I have pale, neutral skin so finding a drugstore match can be very difficult. I decided to buy this product in bisque after a friend with a similar complexion liked it. While there are a lot of pros to the product, after three or four weeks of use it began breaking me out in itchy red hives as soon as I put it on. I do not have sensitive skin, and I have never gotten hives from a foundation before. Needless to say, I quit using the product, and I had to clean all of my makeup brushes because even AFTER discontinuing use, whatever trace amounts were on my brushes was enough to break me out again. The friend who recommended it to me also stopped using it, because after about a month of use the product began breaking her out as well.

PROS -
* cost
* good color match for pale skin tones
* doesn't feel cakey
* nice smell

CONS -
* break outs
* needed powder on my skin or would become fairly oily