CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Peg-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate and Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

I have been using this product for about 5 years now. I prefer the hydrating cleanser to the foaming facial cleanser only because this slightly irritates my face. I do like the lathering aspect of this product, it makes your face feel extremely clean and it removes makeup. This is a great product for those looking for a natural, fragrance-free cleanser.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really enjoy this cleanser! I have dry skin, but I'm also very acne prone so it's hard to find a cleanser that satisfies both of those problems. This one seems to do the trick. I don't end up feeling dry or tight after using this, but I feel clean, unlike some cream cleansers I've used in the past. It balances my skin well and doesn't break me out. I enjoy how cheap it is - it comes in such a big container that I don't run out often and I use it twice a day. I do wish they had an option to buy this in a tube - a travel a lot and it would be ideal, rather than a pump. It's not such a large deal to warrant taking any lippies off forever. I don't love all CeraVe products, but this one is definitely a keeper!

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I think this cleanser is better suited for anyone under the age of 20 with oily skin. For me it's not that great. I picked it up instead of my usual Vichy Normaderm Clarifying Cleanser (it's been drying me out recently) because it had pretty decent reviews and a moderately acceptable price point (yet high for a drug store brand).
The packaging is pretty good and it travels really well. The pump can seal shut so it didn't spill in my suitcase. The texture is syrupy, and reminded me of most foaming facial cleansers. It is fragrance free but has a slight medicinal or clinical sort of smell. It doesn't really foam up that well but that's ok, the more it foams the more sulphates it probably has anyway. It is so-so in regards to cleaning power. I find I need to wash twice to remove my makeup completely. My face seemed right after using this, and dry. It's just not very moisturizing. It didn't cause acne but it didn't help resolve it either. I believe it's stripping my natural oils.
I will use it up, but I will not buy again. My dry, acne prone skin doesn't like it. I prefer cleansing milks anyway they are better for 25+ ladies because they don't foam and strip moisture away.

I wish there was a "maybe" option for the "would you buy again" question. This product is such a gentle cleanser, which seems to help my dehydrated, acne-prone skin, but it isn't very exciting and I'm not sure it prevents any breakouts. My skin feels less dehydrated and more supple since I started using this, which is great. But I still break out. I wish it wasn't a foaming cleanser even though it does seem to use mild foaming agents. It doesn't smell like much, there is no color to the product, the texture is basically soap. This is my day-to-day cleanser for mornings and whenever I'm not doing something more interesting. I did develop some closed comedomes, little skin colored bumps that don't become pimples but persist for a long time, after I started using this. Not enough to quit using it, but it was annoying and I am still finding ways to deal with them. Exfoliation and clay masks both help with that. When I added the Cerave AM moisturizer to my routine I felt like it worked well with the cleanser and my skin improved just a bit.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I am very oily and acne prone. Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser stripped my natural oils so badly that I was left with dry patches within 48 hours. My skin looked red, irritated, and raw. Using this reminded me of using a clarifying shampoo. If I shampooed daily with one, my hair would be destroyed. Why should I willingly subject my skin to that?

I'm giving 2 lippies because CeraVe is one of the few drugstore lines to use quality formulations/ingredients. This cleanser has ceramides, hyaluronic acid, niacinamide to name a few. Despite those ingredients being beneficial to my skin type, there's no way in hell I'd repurchase this product.

Like all things beauty (skin/hair/mu)... your mileagle may vary.

Here is the full ingredient list for anyone curious:

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My favorite facial cleanser. It's gentle on my sensitive skin and works well to take off my makeup. I love this product

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

HG!! <3 I use this all the time, except in the dead ass of winter when I use Caudalie Gentle Cleansing Milk. I have really sensitive combination skin, and CeraVe has never, ever let me down.

I start with Bioderma to remove my makeup, follow with CeraVe (or Caudalie in the winter) and finish with Avene Eau Thermale and CeraVe AM or PM moisturizer. Love, love, love this company.

Lathers really well, fragrance free, and a little bit goes a long, long way!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Such a basic, no-frills cleanser that my skin loves! It is seriously nothing special, except it doesn't strip my skin or irritate it. One bottle lasts forever even with twice a day use because I only need about half a pump each time. It has served me well for the last few years, but I have recently moved on to the Hydrating Cleanser. When I first started using the Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser, my skin was oily, and I found it especially great for that skin type. It even worked well when I was normal. But during my last pregnancy, my skin became dry and has never recovered. That was nine months ago, so I have to assume the new normal is dry skin. The Foaming Facial Cleanser wasn't harming my skin at this point, but it wasn't helping either. Since I love Cerave so much, I decided to try the Hydrating Cleanser. It's much better for my dry skin. So happy to have found 2 great inexpensive cleansers that work so well for me!

I use the Hydrating cleanser by Cerave so I figured I would give this a shot. It caused me to break out in little red bumps on my forhead. It does remove make up way better than the hydrating cleanser, but because of the reaction to it, I can only use it to clean my make up brushes. Since it does work well for that, I gave it an extra lippie. Back to Hydrating for me!

HG facial cleanser.

Benefits:
Does not cause breakouts
Does not cause irritation
Does not cause dehydration/ dryness
No scent whatsoever ( not even that "fragrance free" scent - I'm sure you're all aware of that scent.)
Basic cleanser