September 23, 2014 | 1456 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Lash Accelerator

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by michelleb248

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this mascara. I have always used Cover Girl Professional Super Thick Lash since I have been 15. I have never switched because I love that mascara, and it does not irriate my eyes or contact lenses. I decided to give Rimmel Accelerator a chance because of the growth complex in it. I thought, why not see if this stuff makes my lashes grow. I really like the Rimmel. First off, it does make my lashes look very long (much longer than with the Cover Girl). I agree with other reviewers that it does not add much volume, which I have corrected by adding a top coat of my favorite Cover Girl. Also, I did notice that this mascara does not dry as quickly, which other reviewers mentioned. I am guessing that is because of the Growth Complex they added. Now, I just give my lashes an extra minute to dry, and I have had no problems with smearing, flaking, or "panda eyes" throughout the day. Now, for the big question, has Rimmel's Growth Complex made my lashes grow? I would say yes, I have noticed a small difference. It does seem like my bare lashes are a little longer and even a little thicker. I do notice that those results end after about a week of not using the Rimmel mascara. (In other words, you need continuous use for continuous results like other lash growth treatments.) But, even if I am imagining my longer lashes, I will continue to to use this product because the mascara truly adds amazing length.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by mitakasi

I purchased "Lash Accelerator Endless" (product packaging is more of an angled tube than the rounded one in supplied pictures) in 001 Black. I had read deadonarrivals' review here and she seems to have similar eye makeup issues to me and she gave this a good review so I figured I'd hunt it down.

In terms of coating/coverage, the formula goes on smoothly and separates well. Typical spikey plastic applicator that is common these days which is a little bigger to one end that makes applying to the longer lashes at the edge of the eye easy enough (I am one of those people who is a bit terrible at applying stuff and it is not uncommon for me to poke myself in the eye while applying mascara...). I find doing 2 light coats in quick succession works well for me - I have short, sparse lashes and this gives nice look of pretty lashes without going over the top for work - it seems to build pretty well though for a going out look.

The Thing about this mascara though, is it's staying power. I have a bit of a problem with my eyes watering a lot in the morning and then sporadically throughout the day (this is not due to a makeup allergy btw) so I often end up with panda eyes.

I could not believe this stuff. After it sets, it stays put. I would probably wear my makeup for about 12-14 hours a day and still don't have any panda problems. Another great thing to note is that despite the fact it doesn't run with my stupid weepy eyes, it is not a waterproof formula, and so is easy enough to remove at the end of the day.

After a few days of trialling this stuff (I thought at first maybe it was too good to be true), I threw out all my other mascaras. Totally recommended.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by itiselizabeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Green

This was a decent mascara. It lengthened my lashes well without looking spidery. I used this paired with other mascaras because it didn't offer any volume. It's a very wet mascara which took a little while to dry. That got annoying because it'd get on my eyelids sometimes. What I liked most about this was that it seemed to make my eyelashes healthier. It didn't dry my lashes out at all unlike other mascaras. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by emiley760

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of my all time favorite mascaras. I use this as a base coat mascara and then I use my maybelline the falsies mascara on top. Best combo ever. My lashes are dark, thick, and long. They are not clumpy either. HIGHLY reccommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by pollyina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of my favourite mascaras, it has an amazing brush that does wonders to my lashes. It gives amazing length and volume after two coats, and separates lashes very well. It does not last all day sadly, but overall it's a great value mascara that has an amazing brush and works great :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Klassicalkelly

This mascara made my lashes look lovely for an hour or so. Unfortunately this didn't last, as it flaked and smudged throughout the day. I also found as the day wore on, the mascara lost all volume and looked dull. Definitely will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 4:03:00 AM More reviews by annabellsxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS! You do need to apply more then one coat, but it's great. I prefer this over benefit they're real

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2014 2:57:00 AM More reviews by MSmith99

I used this for a few months or so and I thought it was pretty good for a drugstore mascara (then I tried the benefit they're real mascara and I practically forgot about this mascara) it lengthened and separated pretty well. Didn't volumize that much, only clumped when applied heavily. It smudged under my bottom lashes after a school day but its really easy to remove. Drying time is not that quick, did my mascara at home, and when I got to school ten minutes later my friend covered my eyes and it smudged pretty badly, I expected it to be dry by then to be honest. Also when I wiggle the brush from the root of my lashes and upwards the brush is really spikey and can poke my eyes. Nothing special really, just an average mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2014 10:38:00 AM More reviews by PaintingSumsets

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

During the first month or so, it had gave me great length, but smudged really bad when worn alone. The formula is quite wet. But combined with the L'Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black, I couldn't have asked for more voluminous-looking lashes! :) But during the second month of use, it started clumping. It made my lashes stick together when I applied it over the Voluminous :( The good thing about it is that I could achieve some volume applying it alone, though it obviously gives less volume and length than Voluminous. Great product during the first month or so, no so great after!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 4:20:00 AM More reviews by sammysparta

doesn't drastically change, but over course of weeks, notice extra length