April 19, 2014 | 1769 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Volume

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by obsessedwithtaylor

This is definitely my HG mascara. I will get sidetracked with fancy new mascaras that I purchase, lured in by fantastical promises, but somehow every time I use this again after another mascara I realize how superior it is. It instantly provides amazing volume and separates my lashes beautifully. It is also much easier to remove than other mascaras, which is a huge plus for me because I don't like to sit there scrubbing at my delicate eyelid skin with a makeup wipe. I will continue to repurchase this forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by emmalybtch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Favorite mascara of all time!! very volumizing. if you like volume, this is the mascara for you. Gives a decent amount of length as well. this can look natural, and can look dramatic if you use 2-3 coats. I buy the waterproof one and its the longest lasting mascara I've tried. every other mascara smudges like crazy on me. very affordable. The only thing i dislike is the tacky orange packaging, but that's a minor issue. Highly recommend this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 1:29:00 AM More reviews by giginicole

This is a mascara I will continue to repurchase forever! It doesn't only give me a ton of volume, but also separates my lashes well, lengthens and gives them a wearable dramatic look. I won't waste my money on high end mascaras when there's something this good at the drugstore. This mascara DOESN'T clump which can be a negative result from volumizing formulas. The tube is a little hard to grip, but this product is truly worth all the hype! For a detailed review and in-person application of this mascara, check out my video review on YouTube...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Megagirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i use the brownish black waterproof one and I'm very pleased with the volume it adds. I also love that it stays on for a long time without smudging. I am an active person and I sweat easily, so finding a formula that really IS waterproof was important for me. Maybe the downside of this mascara is that it takes me forever to get it all off at night, even with a good eye make-up remover!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok mascara. Dries quickly like others drugstore mascara. The black one was not enough black for my taste. Flakes at the end of the day. Will not repurchase .

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Loved10

So I have tried many other mascaras and keep going back to this one. This mascara lengthens with out clumping and volumizes like none other! Multiple layers work with this mascara without clumps. It doesn't dry out quick and for the price it seriously rocks my mascara world!! Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by girlygirl8705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really tried to like this mascara. There are a lot of pros to it but the cons outweigh the positive features for what I look for in a mascara. The pros to this mascara include my experience with it being long-lasting/smudge resistant, its ability to be clump-free with the first coat, the fact that I did not experience flaking, and its price. The cons however are how awkward the brush is to use. After some practice, it got better, but I still find it really hard to use compared to other brushes out there. Also, it can easily get on your eyelid if you curl your eyelashes. It also was a very light formula, especially since it is supposed to be a volumizing mascara. This is something that I did not like about this mascara. And after putting on two coats, I didn't notice much improvement other then the fact that the mascara was starting to clump. It also is a very dry formula for a non-waterproof mascara. This can be good if you want to hold a curl but I prefer wetter formulas when I do not curl my eyelashes. All-in-all, if it showed up on my lashes better and came with a better brush, then I would repurchase this in a heartbeat. Otherwise I will not get it again. I imagine that people who want a natural mascara would love this, however, and it might be great for them...Just not me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by rachlovesoliver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ugh this mascara is so terrible. I used it once and into the trash it went :( what a waste. I use the CG lash blast clump crusher and love it but I decided to try this one out for fun and see if I could get some more volume. Absolutely not. Less volume than the clump crusher one and I could barely get any product onto my eyelashes. It took about 10 coats and still looked like I barely had any on. The brush is ridiculous and such a hassle. Hate it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by eblondie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not a fan of this one.. the brush is always SO overloaded with product, forcing me to wipe it with a tissue. I find it really hard to wash off as well, especially for a non-waterproof formula. I wouldn't re-purchase. I'll stick with the cover girl clump crusher mascara :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by NiecyBaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm not head over heels in love with this mascara. Definitely not HG worthy. But I like it. I bought this in the regular formula instead of the waterproof. And normally I only wear waterproof mascara. But the regular formula actually holds up really well. In terms of regular wear it flakes a lot less than my previous waterproof mascara. And no raccoon eyes! No matter how many coats I add it never clumps. But it hasn't had the dramatic voluminous effect I was hoping to get out of this.

One issue I have is similar to another reviewer. There's no way I can use this without getting mascara on my upper eyelids. It always leaves a line of mascara there and stops me from really using the brush at its full potential. No matter how light I try and apply or not even getting near the base of my lashes I still get residue. Which I remove with a cotton swab dipped in makeup remover.

I think the packaging is cute, I love the bright orange color. I wish the tube removed a bit more excess mascara off the wand though. There's always some extra that I have to wipe off.