MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

on 6/3/2015 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to like this product so badly.

The colour I got is NC20 and it's a perfect match. It wears beautifully for hours, and my touch-ups are minimal as I don't get too oily when I wear this.

The issue that I had was with application and that it broke me out. It's difficult to blend. Once it was on my skin it didn't want to move which I'm assuming is how it managed to stay on the skin for so long. However, because it was difficult to blend I ended using a lot more product than I needed to. My skin broke out and I was so upset because I really wanted this to work. So now I only wear it on special occasions or if I'm going to a party and need my make up to last all night long. I never wear this more than two days in a row so I can give my skin a break from this product.

on 5/30/2015 6:28:00 PM

I love this foundation! Finally I've found a foundation that doesn't wear off after an hour or two. This foundation feels nice on, looks nice on and best of all it matches exactly to my skin color so there is no foundation line. I apply this in the morning before work, come home and by night time it's still got full coverage. It's great! Defiantly worth the money

on 5/29/2015 7:04:00 AM

This foundation has a nice finish, It definitely lasts all day. Has medium coverage, I have always looked for a full coverage foundation but realised with concealer and medium coverage powder it was a bit of over kill. This stops me looking cakey but provides me with enough coverage to hide my very pale complexion when my fake tan fades from my face.

on 5/27/2015 10:09:00 PM

Still searching for the foundation that actually stays on my nose for an 8 hour day of work. I thought maybe I would get lucky but nope. I also used MAC prep & prime primer and prep & prime powder.

on 5/22/2015 9:42:00 PM

This foundation is long wearing! Thank god. I wear this to work and 15 hours later it still looks fine. Does not settle into lines! - Pretty sure it doesn't make me break out either.

on 5/21/2015 9:37:00 PM

I've been using this product for around 3 years. I absolutely love it! I have combination skin and find it doesn't cause any trouble for my skin. I'm the lightest shade NC15. It's stays on perfectly all day, I never have to touch up or reapply. I wear it daily and one bottle can last me up to 6 months! Which is amazing for the price. I recommend this foundation to anyone looking for full coverage. I always get compliments on my make up base and this foundation is the reason why!!! To help it stay in place I also use MAC mineralised powder on top in light plus. These two are my holy grail products and I don't think I'll ever stray away from them.

My only con is that the pump can cause wastage. The packaging is really nice but not practical!

on 5/20/2015 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Love it but there are some set backs... I use my beauty blender to apply this foundation. I wet my beauty blender, put the foundation on it then dab the beauty blender on my face.. after that if needed I will put the pro longwear concealer on over top. I exchanged a product for this so I can't really comment on the price.

Pros
-great coverage
-buildable (but dries quickly so you need to be quick it kinda looks weird if you put on more once it is already dry, it doesn't go on as well,. for me anyways)
-nice semi matte finish
-great to use with the Pro Longwear concealer

Cons
-pump bottle, tends to cause waste of product when it pumps too much out
-OXIDIZES !!! must use a primer to prevent the oxidation so you don't turn out orange! (test it out on your hand before purchasing)
-drys quickly so you need to put more on at first to build

All in all, it's a good foundation, not a total holy grail....but it is okay..Deff like the concealer better

on 5/16/2015 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been wearing Estee Lauder Double Wear for 15 years (since I was 20 years old). I have also used the Double Wear Light formulation off and on for the past 6 years or so. These were always my de-facto, go-to foundations that I never strayed from. However, I don't know if it is due to age or my evolved taste in how I like my makeup to look, but lately I have found Double Wear to be too full coverage for me now, and the Double Wear Light is not enough coverage, plus the color is not quite a match to my skin.

After doing some research I found out that MAC has had a stay-in-place foundation for a number of years, now - Pro Longwear. Why I have never known this, who knows, especially when all my other cosmetics and skin care items are MAC and I am a regular consumer. But I remember saying years ago that if MAC even came out with a stay-in-place foundation I'd switch because I absolultely love their color match to my skin which, while light, definitely has yellow undertones and tans nicely. I normally fall between NC20 and NC25 depending on how much sun I've had. I finally went out and bought the Pro Longwear in NC20 a week ago and I am in love! I have oily skin which is why I need foundations that don't transfer (like Double Wear). Finally, a long-wearing foundation that helps with oil control and stays in place that offers true medium coverage!! I have found my new HG!!

I apply this over my normal Oil Control Moisturizer and Prep+Prime Natural Radiance primer (both MAC) and it applies like a dream using my Bare Minerals Precision Face kabuki brush. The coverage is fabulous, but not nearly as opaque as Double Wear. It dries to a satin-like finish which I set with Blot Powder (MAC). The end result is flawless coverage that still allows the best of my skin to show through. Even through 10 hours of wear, I only need to powder perhaps once and then lightly blot with tissue toward the end of the evening. The color does not oxidize on me as others have stated. It stays on, and does not settle into my fine lines and pores like Double Wear was starting to. And it comes with a pump which I love, and it is not quite as pricey as Double Wear. This has definitely been one of the best buys I have made in a very long time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

At first I hated this foundation. First of all, it's not based off the same shades as studio fix. I'm an NC40 in studio fix and I thought I would be the same shade in the pro longwear foundation but it's a tad too light. I lost the receipt so I was stuck with a light foundation. I have very over-rebelling oily skin that no foundation has ever been able to keep my skin matte at all. This foundation does not help keep my skin matte but sure, it is long wearing. This is NOT a full coverage foundation I can tell you that much. I began using it again because I found a wonderful tip on youtube (Wayne Goss!). He suggested adding a drop of oil (argan, jojoba, etc.) onto your foundation prior to applying. OH MY. This thick, cakey, hard to blend foundation melted onto my skin like butter. My skin looked so natural and did not highlight any dry spots around my nose/lip area. This is what I do:

Moisturize
Prime
Contour (add concealer, contour & cream blush BEFORE the foundation)
Apply foundation in stippling motions over the contour
(I don't even need to add concealer)

BEAUTIFUL, BRONZY, NATURAL FINISH!!!!!

on 5/8/2015 7:08:00 AM

Just bought this foundation a couple of weeks ago. So far my favorite. I like the better the Estée Lauder double wear by far!

Video Reviews & Tutorials