September 2, 2014 | 1937 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by lexishai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I went on a hunt to find a foundation that would last all day long for the type of skin that I have. My skin is oily on my chin and my T-Zone, I went to my local MAC store because I have heard and read a ton of amazing reviews on all of their foundations. The staff was super friendly and I told them what I was exactly looking for in their foundations, so they match me at the NC15 (which makes me sad cause that means I lost my summer tan AHHH!!!) they applied the foundation on my cheek and I like the way it felt and I love that packaging that they foundation came in... a pump that you and lock that way it's easy to travel with so it doesn't make my makeup bag dirty. I purchased it at 33 dollars which I thought was reasonable for a high-end foundation. I tried it out on a clear complexion and I liked it at first, intill a few days into my "trial" with this foundation, I began to break out on my T ZONE and my chin. I thought maybe I wasn't doing my skin care routine not up to expectation. Even when I broke out, I wanted to see what the coverage was like.. and to say the least, I was extremely disappointed. I found that my cheap-ol-drug store foundations cover up WAY BETTER. So I stopped using it for a while that way my skin could breathe and not freak out, and wore it again and the same issue occur. I broke out (please keep in mind I wash my hands before I put on makeup and wash ALL makeup brushes every 7-10 days). MAC Pro longwear foundation is definitely not for me. I had really high hopes and expectations for this foundation, but sadly, I would not be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by genarod

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff oxidizes really badly and the shades are off to begin with.

I have nc15 and when I hold it next to mac f&b in c1 or SFF in nc15- you can see PLW is wayyy pinker and darker.

I can understand the darker but I don't understand why it is so pink if it's an nc shade.

When I first apply it it is already not a match bc the undertone is so off- then it oxidizes and it's like a pinky/orangey (so I guess peach) weird tone that makes me look like a weird floating peach head on a pale yellow neck. It's not severe but it's definitely not doing me any service--

To me it is a bit dewier than a satin- it's a full coverage too- so I don't really like the combination. Full coverage+ dewy is just oily and uncomfortable to wear on the skin.

Finally this sinks into my pores and cakes in my fine lines

Pros:
Long wearing
Awesome packaging/ has a pump

Cons:
Shades are off
Oxidizes
Feels heavy and oily on the skin
Cakes in lines and pores

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by keyelement

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was matched to N18 at a MAC counter recently and purchased a bottle of Pro Longwear. When I tried it the next day, I gave myself 20 extra minutes to get ready to see how it behaved, and thank goodness - this oxidized like WHOA on me.

Pros:
- Great coverage! (medium-to-full buildable)
- Great range - N18 instead of N15 or N20? Great for me!
- Fabulous pump bottle
- Very liquid feeling fluid texture, easy to blend
- No discernable scent (to me)

Cons:
- Oxidation! Can't use! May be different for your skin's chemistry.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by prplepolkadotz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted this to be HG status for me. This isn't full coverage, I'd say light-medium. Very easily built up however. Decent oil control (comparable to revlon color stay). Good shade range. Love that this foundation has a pump. HOWEVER, this foundation did break me out.. Tiny little red bumps. I took off lippies for just that fact.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by victoriarose1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I truly wanted to love this foundation, and initially I did.
First, I don't think the price is too bad for a high-end foundation. Also, the packing is awesome since it comes with a pump...that's a huge plus for me.
Overall this foundation was good at first. Matched my skin perfectly, the finish was amazing after setting it with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. Without the powder, it still looked good but I prefer with.
The coverage is phenomenal, made my skin look flawless.
Longevity of the foundation is really good as well, I work 10 hour days and it looked freshly applied with I got home which never happens.
The reason I will not be repurchasing this is because it broke me out-very badly. I didn't want to think it was the foundation because it was so awesome in every other aspect. But when I started getting those gross, under-the-skin pimples I couldn't ignore it. Nothing else changed in my beauty routine. So I stopped using this foundation, let my skin clear up then tried it again for a couple of days and sure enough, I broke out again.
This made me soooooo sad because I really did love it. If it didn't make me break out, I would buy time and time again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 6:35:00 AM More reviews by bella0412

This foundation is by far the best thing I have ever tried in my life. My skin is a nightmare, I’m acne prone, oily, dry, blotchy, scarred, and overall a make up artist’s worst nightmare. But wow, I have never seen myself so flawless after trying the pro long wear.

I’m not saying that I just pop this on, walk out the door, and look perfect. No one with my terrible skin could ever do that. Obviously I have to powder (I use a loose translucent setting powder) and apply blush and do my brows and put on some lip gloss/lipstick... But after my full face make up routine, I look absolutely flawless and my skin doesn’t look “problematic” AT ALL. How is that even possible?

Please purchase this product. You won’t be disappointed.

Also...it stays on like a dream. Another huge plus for me and my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2014 5:15:00 AM More reviews by Jeimarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation, got it in nc42 and matches my skin tone well. I like the medium coverage it gives and when applied properly i get quite a flawless finish which I'm happy about. It is pricey but I would pay for quality. Already got my second bottle. This product does set fast so don't take your time applying this to the face or it will set quickly. I use a pump and a half and has lasted me quite awhile :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by iShawnieee

This product is overpriced and does not do as advertised. This foundation is not versatile and leaves streaks on the face. It also easily transfers and gets on everything. I definitely will not purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2014 7:12:00 AM More reviews by ButterflyLobster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love using Mac Studio Fix but decided to switch up and try the Pro Longwear. I wish I didn't because it was a waste of money. This foundation appeared more ashy and caked on my skin. The only thing I liked was the pump it comes with.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by thathoneydip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation. It really is long wearing. It lasts for a long time. I only need one pump for my whole face, however, I never really need too much coverage. I really moisturize and prime my face before hand and it never looks cakey. I have normal skin but my tzone does get oily sometimes. If I set this with my HD powder then I never have problems with that. The coverage is pretty good