January 31, 2015 | 1426 users online

Concealers - MAC - Pro Longwear Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2015 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Jleighs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I only write reviews on two occasions--one, when I absolutely hate the product, or two, when I absolute love it. I am so happy to say this is a case of the latter. Before purchasing this product entirely on a whim (I wanted the Laura Mercier secret camouflage, but nobody was at the Laura Mercier counter) I was using anywhere from 2-4 products at a time to cover the awful hereditary and allergy-induced dark circles under my eyes. Even with all those products, though, I was NEVER satisfied with the final look. This concealer replaced all of them! Sometimes if I need a little extra coverage, I'll use Benefit Erase Paste over it, but it is absolutely not necessary--especially just for daily wear. It dries well meaning both that it stays put and doesn't really require a setting powder. I will say, however, the other reviews regarding the packaging are spot-on. Since I only use this under the eyes, I'm ok with how much product it dispenses, but I imagine it would be difficult if you just wanted to cover a blemish or two. Additionally, it is a little difficult to apply under the eyes with your fingers (although, as a result of both my laziness and my budget, I do anyways). Runs for $20, which is WONDERFUL considering I was spending $20-$35 on EACH of the products I had to use before. Definitely my HG concealer!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2015 1:13:00 PM More reviews by macjunkieee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a good concealer that provides great coverage. The one big con is: THE PUMP!! I can't tell you how much I hate this pump. It is almost impossible to get out just a little bit. So a lot of product goes to waste every time you use it. I use this under my eyes and on blemishes and it works perfectly for that purpose. I would consider repurchasing it if mac changes the packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2015 7:50:00 AM More reviews by Sophiesbeautyworldxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't see what all the hype is about this concealer!
It doesn't cover my dark under eye circles very well and doesn't cover my acne very well either.
If i apply a heap of powder under my eyes with this product it looks much better.
Also the lady at the MAC counter gave me the wrong colour, so make sure you have the right shade before you walk out x

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2015 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Emrn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product. Very pigmented and the kind of concealer I've been looking for. I like the fact that it comes with a pump because it keeps the product clean, what I didn't like about the pump is that you can't adjust the amount you want, theres too much concealer that you get in one pump. Although it's in a liquid form I find that it covers up very well. I would definitely recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2015 4:02:00 AM More reviews by monicarimer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my HG concealer! It is very blendable, long wearing and it does not crease.I have tried lots of concealers , high end and drugstore, but nothing even comes close to this.I use it for my undereyes and it never looks cakey.I have dry undereyes already so that sais a lot.It has a lot of product and a little goes a long way so it will last for months.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2015 3:32:00 AM More reviews by Dee949

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

Favorite, covers extremely well!! Great for under eye.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2015 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Dentalhygienist84

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This concealer, for me, is more like a foundation. It does work but is very liquidly, it covers well and a little goes a long way but the pump makes it very wasteful because SO much of it comes out so I can't use it to cover a few spots. This is a good product, it just depends on your preference.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2015 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Alliecat333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hmm where to start ... Well..
I was in need of something to cover mild acne marks, scaring, and some light redness and my search led me to this concealer.
First matched to nc30 by an SA. I had never been matched before, looked ok in department store lighting, so decide to take it home. This lady must have been new or blind because this was literally like bronzer on me. It was soo dark and yellow my husband asked what was wrong with my face. Took it back and was matched to nc20, better, but I'm thinking nw would be a better match but I'm not foolin with them anymore.

I'm on the neutral side but can make this work.
PRODUCT: not runny nor terribly too thick, has good pigmentation so I thought this would do the trick. Nope. I find I have to layer layer layer to conceal minor spots. But once I do that I'm good to go. It wears all day Nicely,though i have to make sure my skin is hydrated to not emphasize flakes.
Under the eye wear is OK as well. I do get a some creasing no matter how little apply even when set with a powder. I have yet to find one that doesn't, so that wasn't a deal breaker. It doesn't conceal everything but I don't have super dark circles in the first place so this does an decent job.
The worst part that absolutely kills it is the pump. My gosh is that wretched ratchet thing hard to control, I just want to strangle it, which is basically what you have to do if you hope to not produce enough to cover your entire face. I ended up emptying an old concealer jar and putting a couple pumps in there to save the frustration.
Over all I will continue to use until it's gone then I'm breaking up with it.
The only high point here is that it does last the day.
I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2015 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Allybeee

I got this and i hate that u cant take the pump off when u get low. So dumb

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2015 5:47:00 PM More reviews by tildabauer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

This concealer is amazing! If you struggle with creasing under the eyes, you need to try this no matter how bad the creasing it is. Before i had this, i used the select cover up concealer also from mac, and I had major issues with it creasing. So after i while i decided to get the pro longwear anyway, and holy crap, i have nothing bad to say about it. Except the packaging if i have to be picky. It can be hard to control the pump, and you usually end up with a big amount of excess product that goes to waste. But else than that, it stays on until you decide to take it off, it does not crease, it's perfect! I would recommend it to anyone who wants a good concealer.