MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 6/24/2015 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Great for covering imperfections on the face, this has been the only think i use to cover blemishes, and scars on my face for the past 2yrs and i always have backup.

So , i bought this 3/4 months ago in France (we were on vacation) because i heard that it was full coverage , didnt crease , lasted all day etc etc .. I USED IT EVERYDAY SINCE I GOT IT. At first i had some difficulties with it , but that was because i didnt use the right powder . First of all ; it DOES crease ,second ; its not full coverage (coming from someone with very bad undereye circles ) and third , it does not last all day if you use the wrong powder .So this is how i use it : i pump a little bit more product on the back of my hand,again because its not full coverage, and i blend it with my finger in a triangle shape(not super exaggerated triangle lol) and i blend it softly into my skin so i have some blending later on , then i take a small kabuki brush that i got from my drugstore and load it with powder and blow some away , then i blend one eye completely and press the powder in ,especially around my creases, and then the other eye etc.. that some people complain that it is too drying or cakey, is probably because they have dry skin(moisturize gals ;p) i know that because i sometimes use it on a pimple thats a little dry on top and it does enhance the dryness as they say , but moisturizing for the most part will deal with that . Im in NC20 btw and it matches very good !!! so i love this product , but the puummpppp though mygaaaad😩

on 6/22/2015 11:34:00 PM

I'm iffy about this concealer. First off, straight out of the bottle this concealer is dry on the skin. It will crease if you use it under your eyes and it can flake up easily on my skin, especially if it's used on "textured" skin like scars. To fix this problem I pumped the concealer out of the original bottle into a circular container and added jojoba oil to it. This made the the concealer less dry and a little better. HOWEVER because of the horrible pump bottle that wastes product and is ridiculously difficult/impossible for me to remove, there is an inevitable loss of product. The horrible packaging and the amount of fiddling I have to do in order to make this concealer work isn't worth it at its price point. I won't repurchase again after I finish it.

For people who are looking for their shade: I am NC30 in this. NC35 oxidizes too dark. For rough equivalents for my shade, NARS Radiant Concealer in Ginger Medium 2 is just *slightly* dark on me and Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick in 4.25 Natural Tan matches me.

on 6/19/2015 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I've been using this concealer for years. It gives medium coverage so it's good for every day use and has never made me break out in spots even though I occassionally suffer from acne.

PROS:
-The coverage of this product is good enough for any form of blemishes so I can actually use it as a replacement for foundation (as long as I use primer and setting powder).
-Huge variations of shades available. I use NC30 for my dark circles and NC35 for the rest of my face
-Very easy to apply by fingers or brush
-Doesn't crease and blends pretty well

CONS:
-The packaging is annoying. One pump gives WAY too much concealer so I always pretty much end up wasting a lot of the product every day.
-Very expensive

on 6/18/2015 9:14:00 PM

I tried this concealer for the first time just this week. I will say it is one of the better concealers I have tried, but it still dries kind of "clumpy" I should say. After wearing it all day long, it doesn't stay all that well, and it feels dry, and looks dry too. The texture is a bit runny straight out of the bottle, so I'm not sure why it does this. It actually covers my dark circles well, I just wish that it blended a bit better. Not sure it was worth the money paid. I will keep trying to work with it though, because it does cover well. It is difficult to find a happy medium with concealers, I just thought I would point out the "bugs" that may need adjusting.

on 6/18/2015 8:35:00 PM

I have used this for a few years now, but always think that I might find something better. I have tried other MAC concealers as well as Maybelline, NYX, Revlon, Loreal, Bobbi Brown, Amazing, Exuviance, BO-ING, Sonia, Kashuk, Pixie, Physicians's Formula, and the so-called fabulous NARS. I have not however relented to the $70 Cle De Peau. The MAC pro longwear is the very best that I have found. It blends well with finger or brush and stays put without creasing. The glass container is very breakable and as others have said too much is dispensed at a time. All ploys, I am sure MAC uses to get my money. I still love it.

on 6/17/2015 4:39:00 AM

Well, another overrated product of Mac. Yet I should say I have too much darkness problem and relatively dry eye area. I bought it believing on it's full coverage promise because I really need quite full coverage under my purple eye circle. Still, if I had problem-free eye area It dries eye area too much even it creates small cracks and you can see how this product dries the area while looking at yourself on the mirror so it is improving the appearance of fine lines. It is said that If I apply an intensive eye cream and an apprepriate erase paste under the product and apply a fixer powder on the product, Prolong wear would work perfect. Sorry but nobody wants to support a product with other products with the risk of cakey look and spending more money. There is no sense.
Now I am mixing it to my foundations which is Kim Kardashian style as she is using this concealar with her foundation.

on 6/13/2015 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It's a lot of concealer for the price but the annoying pump means you'll waste half of it on the back of your hand! I appreciate the coverage and lasting power of this concealer but it tends to be cakey and drying. I find that applying several layers works best if you sheer each one out with a beauty blender.

on 6/11/2015 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

WOW! This is a HG concealer for me. I used to have bad acne, but it has cleared up a lot since being treated by a dermatologist. I am a MAC lipstick addict so I thought that I would try another product. I have tried a lot of concealers in my day and none of them have worked too well for me. I have a lot of red and pink spots on my cheeks from post-acne marks. I went to the MAC counter and had a MUA match me for the correct shade. I bought it and saved the receipt in case it did not work. I have used it for about a week now and it has made all of the difference in my makeup routine. This concealer covers my red marks while making my oily t-zone more matte. Not only would I recommend this concealer for acne and blemishes, but it also works excellent for an under-eye concealer. I will DEFINITELY be repurchasing.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

*Sigh*
I really wanted to like this concealer, having heard good things about it from other people. After being 'persuaded' into buying it by the employees at the MAC counter, I decided to give it a go. My first complaint is not so much about the products, but about the staff employed by MAC. Every time I've gone in to have my shade matched, their staff have pushed me into buying a product that is not only different from the consistency/texture I wanted, but they always match me to the wrong colours. My second complaint is about the concealer itself; while in terms of coverage it isn't that bad, I found it to be very drying on my skin. It also cakes extremely easily, even if I only use a little it looks cakey and dry - regardless of how much moisturizer I use. This is only made worse by the MAC powders. Also, as others have said; the pump is stiff and difficult to operate, resulting in far too much concealer coming out of it. Overall while I think it might work for some people, it's certainly not for me. I don't think I'll be purchasing again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Mac Pro Long Wear Concealer and Prep and Prime Highlighter Review by BeautynLifewSue

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer | First Impression (F.I.F) by Chloe Luckin