MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 2/21/2015 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I started using the concealer because i am a huge fan of Jaclyn Hill and i needed to venture into highlighting my under eye area. I like the coverage that this gives me, and i've recently started using it as a eye primer as well since it really does cover up any kind of redness and discoloration.

The packaging sucks though, a whole pump is the smallest amount i can seem to get and it's so thick i waste a lot of product.

on 2/18/2015 4:51:00 PM

in a few words this is a great concealer . the only thing is that as soon as u apply it u must set it immediately with some powder cos otherwise it can crease a bit

on 2/18/2015 4:46:00 PM

I seen so much rave reviews, I usually don't buy Mac products but I thought this would be good because I seen a YouTuber who usually uses the same products as me and what works for her usually works for me, but this product was such a disappointment, it's heavy on the undereyes (I'm 17, crease under eyes but not that bad and a little discoloration), it also creases within a few hours with a primer/ setting spray. It works better on spots (but still bad) I've tried better drugstore concealer. The packaging isn't bothersome. Also it emphasizes dry/ oily spots.

on 2/18/2015 4:33:00 PM

I dont normally buy MAC products, but after always hearing good things about this concealer i had to give it a try and for $23 after tax not too bad. So i went into my local Macys and got the right color match for me NC30, and i love it! Im 28, and do i have minor wrinkles around my eyes, i feel like this concealer does not make them stand out and it covers my dark circles and gives me that "highlighted" affect under my eyes without looking too cakey which i love, def. a must try ladies you wont be dissapointed Ive also used it for minor acne scars i have on my cheeks and this covers them pretty well without looking to heavy or anything. will repurchase, and now im more curious into looking in what else i want to try from MAC :)

on 2/18/2015 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Best concealer ever for under eyes does not crease and hides dark circles so well. I use it to highlight however less is definitely more as when applied to highlight the nose it can look slightly thick and false looking so its best to use a small amount or try a lighter concealer for the nose. Under the eyes this is unbeatable looks soft focused and makes my cheek bones look huge. Best used with a wet beauty blender. Love it!

on 2/16/2015 11:57:00 PM

Love the pump. You get a pretty good coverage for a layer but its not enough for my under eye circles, so i have to build it up. ITS MY HG. It is expensive but ive tried drugstore conceals that definitely aren't as good, so ive come to stop wasting money trying to purchase dupes and just buy this, to me its worth it since i dont use foundation and only concealer and powder. TRY IT OUT! The best thing is that this is not thick and thin.

on 2/16/2015 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

People rave about this product but I didn't like it. I used it up because of how much I paid but had to be honest myself about repurchasing. I liked that it came in a pump but this just makes it that much harder to use up the last of the product. The consistency of this has a nice finish but eventually settled in the lines and became cakey. I gave it 3 lipsticks because it does conceal well but it's too thick/cakey for my personal liking.

on 2/14/2015 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have to say I am underwhelmed by this product. I'm not sure if internet/YouTube reviews of this concealer hyped me up to have unrealistic expectations but really this is is hard concealer to use/apply. The colour NC25 is good and suits my tone, but I've found that as soon as you apply it it absorbs straight into the skin, and gives a REALLY unattractive crease look as the product hasn't had time to be blended into your under eye lines properly! I can't fault the pro long wear part though, it does stay all day but looks incredibly dry and powdery after a full day wear. So yeah, I am disappointed with this product... Maybelline Fit Me concealer imo is better than this and a third of the price!

on 2/13/2015 6:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I ordered this after reading only a couple of reviews and generally understanding that this was most girls HG Concealer. I wasn't really hyped about it, just thought I should try it as a lot of ladies were saying it was good for under your eyes and I have bad dark cycles under my eyes,nothing worked so I just stopped trying to hide them it was that bad! I was placing a MAC order and I thought why not chuck this in try it out, I had competently forgotten about it until it arrived, non the less I still couldn't wait to try as I read a couple more reviews just after I ordered it.

Packaging: Love the packaging, always have liked MAC's packaging. Simple, modern and sleek. Love the pump with this too, although its hard to half pump it. I only need a little not a full pump, and I feel I waste a lot of this because of that and for 17 you'd think that MAC would have thought of that.

Wear/Feel/Look: I think a lot of people have already mentioned this but the colour is slightly off. I am NW15 in MAC I don't use their foundation anymore but I use this as a reference when purchasing other things from MAC. So of course I went ahead and purchased the shade NW15 for the concealer. Again like I said I tried to half pump this on my hand and it wouldn't happen. I immediately noticed that this was a different shade to NW15 foundation I used to use the Pro longwear which I still had in my makeup draws ( but I have since sold it) I picked it up and put of the pro longwear foundation and my hand next the concealer and I was unhappy to see that the colours where completely different. I don't know if concealer is generally meant to be lighter than foundation and what so at the time I was like 'oh' I put this next to my foundation in my acrylic storage and left it for about a week. I kept thinking 'I need to try it, find out how to make it work' I didn't want to chuck it away or to sell it as I hadn't even tried it on my face yet, and it cost me 17. i tried it again one evening, I took a small brush dipped it in (Double ended eyebrush by Ecotools) I know its any eye brush but I used this brush because it was thin and angled so I could draw a triangle underneath my eye then blend it up,this is what I do with my Yves Saint Laurent Touce Eclat. It worked great that either under my foundation or on top, on top conceals the circles better. The touche eclat and this concealer are my dream team for under eye circles, the concealer covers my dark eye circles and makes sure that it the coverage stays put whilst also lightly brightening as the colour is lighter than my foundtion, the touche eclat has more of highlighter/brightening effect than the concealr making eyes look brighter in general! I highly recommend you try the Touche eclat. The concealer also work great at covering my blemishes/ spots however I do not tend to use it for that as I feel like it clogs them even more, making the recovery time for my blemishes and spots a lot longer. The pro longwear foundation break me out like crazy so I am very careful and put the tiniest amount on my blemishes if they are red, but generally I use this for under my eyes and its perfect, I like that its lighter, I am not sure if MAC made the concealer lighter on purpose but i think its fab it lightly brightens the areas looking dull which tend to be under eyes and spots and what not.

Price: 17, I was annoyed at first when I brought this but then when I worked out what best suited me then I was really happy with the price, although I do think they need to work on the pump and maybe add a little more product.

Summery: I will be purchasing this again when it runs out, although I am worried about this breaking me out, however though so far so good as it hasn't broken me out where I use it, I will update if it does!

on 2/12/2015 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great concealer! I have horrible hereditary under eye circles and this is almost just enough coverage for my super pigmented under eyes. Before this I was using studio finish, but found that it would crease too much even with a setting powder, so I thought I would look for something else. Even though this has a tiny bit less coverage than studio finish it sets wonderfully without ever creasing on me and it doesn't even need a setting powder! Sometimes if I need a little extra coverage I'll add studio finish on top, but it should be fine alone for most people. Overall I love this concealer and will definitely repurchase!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer | First Impression (F.I.F) by Chloe Luckin

Mac Pro Long Wear Concealer and Prep and Prime Highlighter Review by BeautynLifewSue

Top Rated MAC Products