October 24, 2014 | 1724 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Bourjois - Express eye makeup remover

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2011 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Aylush

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This make-up remover is okay. The thing that really annoyed me was that I bought it because it said "non-oily" and it just isn't! It's as oily as any other eye make-up remover. It removes my eye make-up alright-ish, eyeshadow is no problem but it has some issues with gel eyeliner and mascara. Takes some tugging to get off and i still get panda eyes when I get in the shower the next day. The packaging also lets out a stupidly small amount of product and it barely stays mixed long enough to disperse any. On the cotton pad you can see the blue is in patches. There are definitely better removers than this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by soniki

First at all...I´m from Spain and my english isn´t so good. ( please, excuse me; I´m learning more english with "MUA" helps.). I have bought my Bourjous eye makeup remover last summer. (only 2€, aprox. 1,50 $). It´s really good. It´s similar at Yves Rocher eye makeup remover. I think both are really really good and cheaper. My skin it´s really sensitive. I love it. I ´ll bought again

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by xyoru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I bought this because it was the biggest bang for my buck (compared to clinique and lancome).
I needed a new eye makeup remover that could remove wp mascara using very little effort. On the bottle it claims that it removes wp masacara with one swipe (or something along those lines). I find that removes about 80% of my wp mascara without tugging, I have to use two cotton pads and a qtip to make sure that all my mascara is gone.
Removes eyeliner and eyeshadow easily though, but then again I've never run into an eye makeup remover that can't remove eyeshadow or eyeliner terribly.
I gave this a 1 on the packaging because it sucks. I would like a larger opening so it can dispense more, and the little "ball" thing on top that you use to open the bottle broke off on me. I was just trying to open the lid and it snapped right off!!
Needless to say, I'm looking for a different bottle to transfer it into at the moment. So far I twisted the whole cap part off and I'm just using it that way.
I said I would repurchase, but to be honest I'm not sure if I will. I'm iffy on this, because while it does remove my makeup, I find I have to use a lot of product to make sure my whole eye area is clean.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 4:29:00 PM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

There has always been a little rumour around that Bourjois is made by Chanel, but information about this is far from forthcoming. From what I can tell it was Bourjois who had Chanel under the thumb when they joined forces (under the command of Pierre Wertheimer) to launch the perfume side of Coco’s business, with financial gain packed rather heavily in Bourjois’ favour. The Bourjois company is one of France’s oldest cosmetics companies and they invented powder blusher. I really like the accessible Parisian glamour of the Bourjois brand, but don’t adore their products, and so wasn’t surprised when this eye makeup remover was a bit too harsh for my sensitive skin. I bought it to see whether it really was just repackaged Chanel. It nearly is the same product as the Biphase Precision Eye Makeup Remover, a bit like Chanel and Bourjois blushes have a commonality (the same mound-shape and moonlit glow), but the Bourjois product has more blue dye and no oil or flower power. Looking at the labels, they are indeed made at the same factory: 92200 Neuilly Sur Seine, France, so I guess the brands are still bed fellows. Though this is disappointing in regard to eye makeup remover, I might look for other Chanel dupes in the Bourjois line.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2010 6:13:00 AM More reviews by beegirl81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this at my local drugstore for a really cheap price, on discount. it works really well for me, especially with stubborn mascaras :) the formula is really light, non sticky, non oily, the only thing is that after you shake it, it takes a second for the two parts to separate again, so you need to shake several times in order to remove makeup on both eyes. this is the only reason why I won't give it 5 lippies! apart from that, is totally great.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2010 9:12:00 AM More reviews by seddon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this as it was better value than my usual eye make remover Boots No7 Cleanse and Care. Bourjois is £4.99 for 200mls compared to £7 for the Boots one which is only 100 mls. Usually there is an offer on No7 that works out cheaper but not today, so I gave it a try and I'm glad I did. In terms of removing heavy eye make up ( I wear 3 coats of Lancome definicils black mascara) this is excellent, doesnt sting and doesn't leave a greasy residue. My only gripe is the package design, you cant really control the amount that comes out of the bottle where as the No7 is a pump dispenser which I prefer. As I wear eye make-up every day finding a gentle but effective remover that doesn't cost a fortune is as rare as hen's teeth. I will definitely re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2010 5:04:00 AM More reviews by Liita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When I ran out of my Neutrogena makeup remover I wanted to try something else, I wasn't happy with Neutrogena. One day at the store I saw this remover and I decided to try it. First, the price is very good, it's a 200ml bottle for about $6 and change, not expensive at all. It comes with a flip cap, so there's no risk of pouring more than what you should use. This is a bifasic (SP?) remover, and you have to shake it to mix the layers and use it, I find that after mixing the liquids you have to be quick in using as the mix disperse really fast, this and the fact that after a few uses the oily layer runs out faster than the more liquid one it's why I'm giving it 4 not 5 lippies. It is very gentle as it doesn't sting my eyes, I remove the liner in my waterline without any burning or stinging and it's very effective, removes the makeup quickly and without any tugging, a swipe will do, I have not used it to remove waterproof mascara, but I have use it to remove very dark, black eyeshadow and it does like a breeze. My skin does feel a bit oily after using it, but this is something that happens with every makeup remover though they all -even this one- claim to be "non-oily" so after I'm done with it I wash my face with soap and water. So, I did say I'd buy this again, it's a great product, good quality, good price, though I wanna keep trying makeup removers so I probably won't.