Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave-In Conditioner

3.8

-Prickly Pear Cactus Extract: Hydrates hair. -Antioxidant Green Tea and Vitamin B5: Help protect hair and promote shine. -Arnica Extract: Fights frizz. Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Amodimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Castor Oil/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Polyquaternium-59, Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Leaf Extract, Opuntia (Prickly Pear Cactus) Tuna Flower Extract, Fragrance, Butylene Glycol, PVP, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate.

Granted, I'm not a connoisseur of leave-in conditioners, and I don't have curly hair. What I do have is lots of over-processed, fine to medium-textured wavy hair that is quite prone to frizz. This stuff has just been a lifesaver while I grow out my over-dyed hair. I found that a rinse conditioner wasn't doing the trick, so I bought this stuff. After I shampoo and condition with a lightweight rinse-out conditioner, I lightly towel dry my hair and then apply about a dime to nickel size amount of Ouidad to my medium length hair. Then I comb out the tangles, part it down the middle, and secure it in a low bun at the nape of my neck. I let it get about half-dry in that manner and then remove the bun and go to sleep. When I wake up in the morning my hair looks soooo much better. I will repurchase.

on 10/28/2011 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

When I first started using this, I loved it! It made my hair smell super nice, it gave it a little volume. For preference, k have natural black hair that is dyed dark brown with caramel highlights, it's also oily and fine. Anyway so when I first started using this, I like it. But gradually thought as I continued to use it that the product could be better. The price is $22 for the big bottle at sephora.. Personally I don't think the bottle is big enough. Then again I'm new to the hair game, so I wouldn't know if this is a good price for the amount. Anyway, I will probably repurchase if I cannot find anything else cheaper and works just as well. I don't think it's worth shelling out $22 bucks.

I have naturally curly (3a), medium-textured hair that I color on a regular basis, so a good leave-in is a must for me. The best leave-ins I've ever used (Aveda Elixir & Kiehls Leave-In) were both discontinued, so I'm constantly on the hunt for a replacement.

I really like this product. It provides me with enough moisture but doesn't weigh down my curls, which is a big problem for me with leave-ins. I've never had issues with it building up either. It is a bit pricey at $22/bottle, but a little goes a long way. I also wish it smelled better; it doesn't smell bad, just reminds me of a basic drugstore moisturizer. I usually order this online from Sephora.

on 5/31/2011 5:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This does absolutely nothing for my hair except make it wish for more moisture. It feels like it locks the moisture OUT of my kinky-curly, African American hair. Considering that Ouidad is the "queen of curl" her products sure do act useless on me, and I can't afford to pay more money for stuff that doesn't even work. I'm giving it away. Actually, no. I'm getting my money back.

on 5/30/2011 6:49:00 PM

I don't have such curly hair, more on the wavy side. This makes it feeling soo soft and looking healthy. Smells good too!

on 3/24/2011 2:44:00 PM

i have FINE curly hair and this stuff is GREAT!! it doesnt weigh my hair down.. and it provides soft defined curls.

on 8/29/2010 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a great product for the right kind of hair (mine, being fine, frizzy/curly). I don't know how it would fair for thicker or coarser curly hair. When I use a small amount on my hair-about a nickel on hair that falls approx 4" past shoulders-I get defined, relatively smooth, soft curls. Once my hair has dried, I apply my defrizzing product of choice to add shine and more definition, but I don't need much additional product. This conditioner used on its own really does a lot for my hair quality and style without weighing it down and making it flat or dull. $22 isn't cheap for a bottle of conditioner, but a bottle would last you basically forever in conditioner years even with daily use. I also like the Phyto 7 leave in conditioner, but it doesn't provide as much structure as the Ouidad and it's about 7 times more expensive.