February 27, 2015 | 1038 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Liquid Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2015 6:35:00 AM More reviews by jennyxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used this foundation for around 4 years now, and I still love it! It matches my skin tone (ivory) extremely well.

Look/Packaging- The packing and general look product has a nice design, a class bottle and an easy to use sturdy pump which has never leaked on me. The foundation doesn't come in box new but most drugstore foundation do not have boxes.

Feel/wear- I apply this foundation with my finger mostly, and sometimes with a brush. Both work well. The foundation feels light on your skin and gives very good coverage which is i'd say build-able. The formula is a good consistency not too runny or water like but not stuck stiff. The foundation keeps my skin in top condition, I rarely get spots/break outs. You can use it with or without primer but generally this foundation lasts a good amount of time, by the end of the day you can tell it has worn of a little which does annoy me a little if I'm honest but its a drugstore foundation so what I expect? The foundation doesnt feel greasy or cakey and when I touch my face a tiny bit comes off but not as much as certain high end foundation I tried (cougggh mac studio fix cougggh) which I think is impressive for the price.

Price- The price is around £6.99-£7.99 in different stores and for that price the foundation packs a lot of punch and I would rather wear this over MAC studio fix any day, ( Man I hate studio fix, check out my review to see why) For that price this foundation is just brilliant. Sadly though I am now moving onto higher end brands as I feel they are better for my skin, but if anything else doesn't compete with this little bottle of magic I will gladly return to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2015 6:15:00 AM More reviews by xchocobanditx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation out of impulse because Priceline went on a clearance sale and I had been on a lookout for a good drugstore foundation. This is my first Rimmel purchase.

First impressions - I swiped a couple of samples from a good number of foundations during that sale and I had a strong preference for this one because of its finish, consistency and buildability. It glided on smoothly onto my skin and did not appear cakey or unnatural.

Upon continued use - I used this with the matching Rimmel primer and the results were amazing. My skin glowed and appeared healthy without looking too oily, and did not clump at my dry patches (e.g. around my nose). It surely did not have a matte finish, although I couldn't classify it as dewy either. It covered up my acne marks nicely, although additional application and some concealer were needed.

Packaging - Glass bottle with an efficient dispenser. May be too heavy of a bottle for travelling but it did not bother me much.

Probable cons - This product is strongly scented, just a word of caution to those who have a bad reaction to parfum.

Notes - my skin is acne-prone, combination; foundation applied with a sponge. Best used with the matching Rimmel primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2015 8:02:00 PM More reviews by georgiaa2903

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Honestly I love this foundation! I have Dior, Lancome, MAC and this by far has to be my fave! I have always re-purchased this and due to the packaging change I picked up 2 of my colour for £4 each from my b&m bargains store but it is around £7/8 in superdrug and boots.
I love how I can change the coverage as it is buildable and it works well on my dry skin. I am in the colour 010 light porcaline and it matches great.
The foundation does not look cakey on my skin which means I can use more products on my face without my face looking like I got slapped in the face with makeup.
I would reccomend this for sure!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2015 1:31:00 PM More reviews by kristina93

This foundation provides full coverage and a satin/skin-like finish on my skin. In terms of lasting power, it lasts over 12 hours on me and keeps oils at bay. I find it looks really flawless but doesn't look or feel cakey. The shade I wear is 10 Light Porcelain, which is around a MAC NW15 and it does not oxidize on me. The one small problem I have is that the foundation feels quite tacky when you apply it, but that does go away shortly after. For the price, I think it compares to high end foundations and I would recommend it to everyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2015 7:39:00 PM More reviews by MissTiesh15

I've recently bought this foundation expecting great results based on the numerous positive reviews that have been given about the foundation. Most things said about this foundation I have found to be true (good light-medium cover, great pump action glass bottle for packaging, doesn't irritate my skin, reasonably price) except that even with the second lightest colour, that foundation oxidized on my skin, turning a darker, slightly orangey colour. Now in saying this, I didn't use a primer either of the times I've used it but still, I think that it shouldn't do that. Not with how many good reviews it got. But I will keep using that foundation, probably go buy a primer, as I don't like wasting money.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2015 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Endo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is NOT discontinued in the US. The packaging has changed from tube to glass bottle. It's the same name, same product and same shade selection. My local Walgreens recently put up a big new display with the new look and a new primer for the Lasting Finish foundation.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Christina223

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have really enjoyed since product since hearing about it from a YouTube beauty guru but it has been harder to find recently so I asked the question on Facebook and it was confirmed that this has been discontinued in the US. I do not know about other countries...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2014 11:36:00 AM More reviews by poogle17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I'm going to start by saying that I was generally extremely impressed with this product! I am usually quite skeptical about high street foundations because of limited shade range and even the palest tones tend to oxidize throughout the day, but I was so pleasantly surprised when I tried this. And it's amazing for the money.
I used to swear by EL Double Wear because I thought that the coverage and staying power was unbeatable and the shade (Shell) is a perfect match for my extremely pale skin tone. However, since I've started to be more careful with my spending I've tried to cut back on luxuries such as premium make up products so I stopped buying Estee Lauder. I also found that despite Double Wear being a generally excellent foundation, it can be very drying and because my skin is already a little on the dry side I had to moisturize like crazy to balance it out! I've always used high street brands for eye makeup but because of my acne prone skin I've tried to avoid cheaper foundations and powders, so I was initially quite worried about giving this one a try. But after a month of wearing it every day and following my daily intense cleansing regime, I haven't had a single breakout!
Lasting Finish gives excellent coverage and light porcelain is a great match for my pale skin. It also stays on all day and when blended properly has a nice finish that isn't cakey. Without using powder, this foundation can have a dewy effect that I could never achieve with Double Wear, but I like the set with a little Mac Blot Powder anyway (a high end product that I haven't yet been able to part with.)
Overall, I would say that I prefer this foundation to Double Wear. It ticks all the boxes for me and is so much more affordable than others I've used in the past! If you have very pale skin and struggle to find foundations that suit your skin tone, do not hesitate to try this in Light Porcelain. It's without a doubt an HG product of mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by danibx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this product and I will always go back to this foundation.
I love to have an even full coverage on my face however hate clogging. Most full coverage foundations have left my face looking dry and clogged (especially around nose). This one has not! Love the shades as I have two perfect shades of this foundation. (a darker one for whilst sporting a tan, and a light one,ivory, to use whilst my natural skin colour). Hides blemishes extremely well. I have a lot of pink in my cheeks which I hate and have spent ages trying to cover in the past, and this foundation covers the areas effortlessly. Love love love this foundation x

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Chanel1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really don't like this foundantion horrible the shades are a horrible match can't find my undertone and its to thick of a product I like light to medium coverage so I can build it up and it like makes my skin feel super oily and oxidizes on my skin I don't recommend it