November 27, 2014 | 1436 users online

Fragrances - LUSH - Gorilla Perfume - Imogen Rose

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Chamuda

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have the solid perfume of this one. I bought this along with Vanillary, Lust, and Karma solids, and I almost didn't buy Imogene Rose. As it turns out it's the one I think I like best!
I like Lush solid perfumes because they seem healthier/more natural than many mainstream fragrances (less chemicals).
Imogene Rose is the one that smells most like a real perfume, however, rather than "oils", which is why I like it.
It's also soft and subtle enough for work.
It's a powdery light tea rose to my nose.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by zhoo

I have it in the solid stick form. It smells like roses mixed with bitter, wet dirt...takes you through a just-rained-on-garden on a summer day. Lovely. Too bad the scent turns into plain baby powder after a short while...Not exactly my kind of smell but a can wear it on the right occasion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 2:00:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

Not a huge fan of this scent. I tried it out at the store but didn't end up buying it. There's too many floral notes and ends up being a bit of an overkill (for my liking). I smell alot of rose mixed in with a creamy baby powder undertone. The lasting strength is reasonable (when applied at pulse points) and the small packaging makes it easy to travel around with.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by jellyfiish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not really a fan of Lush's perfumes, most of them are much too overpowering for me. This is an exception. It has a wonderful sweet rose scent that airs out to a powdery light scent. The smell just makes me happy when I wear it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am not a huge rose fan but occasionally I take a rose turn so I like to keep one in my collection. If you like a rose soliflore that is powdery rather than jammy, then you might like this. It dries down to a very powdery, almost pot pourri rose on me that is quite pleasant. My favourite rose is still Lancome's d/c Mille et une, but this is a nice one to have around. I would buy again, but not the big bottle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

This is like the smell after an APril shower, coupled with roses. It's not clean smelling so if you prefer that, you won't like this. I prefer rose oudhs to this simply because they are more longlasting with elegance. This is too natural smelling and bare for my taste... Sure it smells realistic but it doesn't have anything more than that. It's the difference between a plain pencil sketch and one filled in with watercolours... This is too plain for me but very nice nonetheless.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

Imogen Rose smells like the Lush store when you walk in.
A faint rose, floral blend, with some fresh earth, wild rose in the
garden. Casual scent. Very informal, not sophisticated or
pretentious. Update 5/2012: The rose is stronger now, possibly due to a new batch of rose raw materials. All of the solid rollup fragrances are fleeting though compared to the EDP sprays.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by arwenfruit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Everytime I have a spritz of this perfume, my roomate says: I smell an old lady somewhere near !

But for me it's the most wonderful delicate fresh wild rose. Maybe I'm a bit to shy to wear it everyday, if I were alone everyday I would were it, just for me. My boyfriend doesn't like it, it's too strong for him. What a pitty.

I wish that I'd be brave enough for this perfume.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Eryn2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I get a blast of very sensual rose--big, blossoming and earthy--and then the vetiver takes over. It changes further into what smells like a very expensive rose-scented powder, and eventually fades into faint honey-scented powder. It's a fast ride, at least in the concentration I have. As a note, I personally found the solid perfume to smell more like the base (beeswax? shea butter? something) than the fragrance.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by bdawn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is another Gorilla perfume that has a grand impressive opening that sort of just peters out.

I fell in love when I first applied this. It's genuine earthy rose aroma was incredibly pleasing and convincing. I thought this was going to be the first rose perfume I was really going to like. This stage only lasted about 30 minutes and then it became a soft powdery rose, which is great if you like soft powdery perfumes, which I do not. I will not repurchase this one.