Guerlain 'Lingerie de Peau' Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation

4.1

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.16 % - OCTINOXATE (ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE) 3.00 %. OTHER INGREDIENTS: AQUA (WATER) - METHYLTRIMETHICONE - DIMETHICONE - ALCOHOL - PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE - PENTYLENE GLYCOL - MICA - PHENYLTRIMETHICONE - SILICA - ACRYLATES/DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER - ACRYLATES COPOLYMER - ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE - BUTYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE - STEARIC ACID - SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE - PHENOXYETHANOL - ALUMINA - SODIUM MYRISTOYL GLUTAMATE - HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE - LECITHIN - TETRASODIUM EDTA - PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) - HEXYL CINNAMAL - SERICIN - HYDROXYCITRONELLAL - BHT - CITRONELLOL - ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE - HYDROLYZED LINSEED EXTRACT - SORBIC ACID - [ /- CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) - CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES)] 051280

I gave this five lippies because of the lovely finish. The colour match isn't perfect, but the closest to my NC42 skin tone (MAC face and body C4/5) is 23 Dore Naturel. For reference: my skin is clear, combination verging on slightly dry, these days I rarely wear base or wear very little. I don't tend to use primers and highlighters regularly, so I like base that looks good all on its own.

Dore Naturel has slightly peachy tones in with the yellow, but it isn't a pink toned foundation. It really brightened up my face -- though not any more or any less than my MAC & Bobbi Brown foundations. If anything it was ever so slightly slightly too dark/warm -- but didn't make me look unnatural or strangely tanned.
I was pleased to have a match in a Guerlain base (I'm a big fan of their lipsticks and meteorites powders) because it's usually difficult for me to find a match in any brands other than MAC and Bobbi Brown.

The finish was dewy but not too dewy (I could skip powder if I wanted) and my skin looked very smooth. It was set with a light dusting of meteorites powder. Application and removal was easy. Only a very small amount was needed for decent coverage and I focused more on the centre of my face - thinning it out before it reached my jawline, which basically meant you didn't notice that the colour was not a perfect match.

I like the luxurious packaging, the way it applies, and the end result -- and probably would buy again if I (ever) finish the bottle.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This foundation is simply the best. I prefer a liquid foundation that is non-mattifying. The formula works beautifully for my normal to dry complexion. This foundation blends effortlessly into my skin. It does not settle into fine lines or cake into crevasses. The color 03 is perfect for my NC25-27 skin tone. Translucent powder is not essential as a finishing touch, particularly as this foundation produces a soft powdery and radiant effect on my complexion. I constantly receive compliments of the glow and illumination of my skin -- and best of all the foundation is imperceptible! It feels amazing and weightless on my skin as if I am not wearing anything. I apply this foundation with a brush or beauty blender for a perfect canvas. Because this foundation also adds a warmth to my complexion, I enjoy the option of not wearing blush. For someone who previously enjoyed the ease and convenience of powder foundation, Guerlain Lingerie de Peau is my foundation of choice. The texture, color, and finish is better compared to Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk, By Terry Densiliss, or Burberry. I absolutely love this product. It is worth every penny.

AMAZING.

I've found a few nice foundations lately, but this one tops them all. It gives medium coverage but doesn't at all look heavy, and it gives a really nice glow. When you get to be my age, you can't wear heavy makeup as it actually makes you look older. This stuff gives me a nice, polished glow without being too much. I set it with some Chantecaille loose powder. The color 01 is just a tad too light on me for summer, but it works, and in winter it's going to be PERFECT. Another big bonus about this foundation is that it did not oxidize: the color when I first put it on is the same color 10 hours later. I LOVE THIS!

If you have oily skin, you probably won't like this. If you are normal or, like me, starting to get more dry, then I think you should definitely try it.

For the scent sensitive: this foundation does have a scent, but it is very mild. I'm pretty sensitive to scents, but this didn't bother me. It's much more subtle than the scent in many other foundations.

This is a beautiful foundation but sadly did not work for me. I am very fair with neutral tones that lean more warm and found shade 31 amber pale to be a great match. It is lighter than 01 beige pale, so note the shade range is not in order and if you are near a counter your best bet is to go there to get matched.

This foundation goes on with ease, blends wonderfully and creates the most gorgeous finish. It is a glowy matte. This foundation is very light, feels like you aren't wearing anything but leaves you with a nice medium coverage and silky smooth finish. It covered my larger pores nicely and settled very slightly in my fine lines.

The reason this foundation didn't work for me was because I have combo skin that gets pretty oily in my tzone. Plus I live in a hot humid climate and get pretty sweaty just running every day tasks. This foundation left me just a tad too shiny for my liking; however for such a light foundation, this still stayed put pretty well. If you have dryer to normal skin or live in a cool climate I would highly recommend this beautiful foundation.

I ended up switching this foundation for Guerlain's Tenue de Perfection, which is longer wearing with a smidge more coverage and is perfect for me.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

these are the foundations that I tried so far.
mac studio fix fluid,
estee lauder equalizer
estee lauder individualist
armani lasting silk
armani designer lift
bobbi brown oil free finish compact
bobbi brown stick
dior forever compact
dior nude liquid
ellis faas skin veil
tom ford stick
tom ford traceless perfecting foundation
lancome photogenic lumessence
bourjouis helthy mix
loreal true match
rimmel wake me up
rimmel lasting finish nude
clinique perfect real
vichy dermablend fluid corrective foundation
missha bb cream
skin79 pink bb cream
kett water based foundation
temptu air brush
rcma vk palette
all of the foundations that I wrote above, didnt work for me.(especially bobbi brown oil free finish compact . this foundation makes me wanna cry .) most of them have problems. they are patchy, too thick too thin, sit on the skin, showing pores etc .. This foundation omg where the hell have you been all my life ? this foundation has a medium coverage finish. the texture is thin and not to runny. When you wear on, it definitely acts like a lingerie, by all mean yourself but better :) Also, I have a acne prone and dehydrated skin with few pimples. worst combination ever I know. This foundation glides beautifully over dry patches and didnt emphasize pores, didnt break me out also didnt oxidize. I wear the shade number 01 also I am mac nw18 (not rosy pink more olivish pink )

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am 59 years old with combination mature skin. I've been using Estee Lauder Double Wear Light as my go to foundation and also the regular ELDW if I need additional coverage and wear for a super long day.

I've tried so many foundations that I've lost count - from drugstrore to Dior, MUFE, Urban Decay, Stila, Giorgio Armani, Cle de Peau - just to name a few. I found myself always going back to ELDW light. But as my skin continues to age and change, I start looking for something better than EL, thus leading me to the Guerlain Lingerie foundation due to the many great reviews.

My skin is fair and my matches in other foundations are MUFE-115, Dior Forever-Ivory, ELDW-Ecru. So I originally purchased the Guerlain in the 01 Beige Pale. My undertones tend to run neurtal to slighty pink. The Beige Pale is too light for me but might work in the winter so I'll keep it. I then received thie is 12 Rose Clair and it is a very good match.

So what I find with this foundation is - going on seems fairly runny but dries pretty quickly to a dry finish. This is very strange for as it dries and has almost a matte feel, it isn't a flat matte look - definitely some glow. Now with the dry, powdery feel, I figured this would accentuate my dry patches in my chin area. But just the opposite - no flakiness standing up or noticeable. I set with Cle de Peau translucent powder and get great medium coverage with a flawless finish - also no cake face and no settling into lines.

This foundation lasts pretty good for me but doesn't keep the shine at bay on my nose - I still have to powder a couple of times a day as I usually do with all foundations. I need to find a specific primer for my nose as the rest of my face doesn't really get shiny - just the nose.

I really, really love this foundation and will use it now as my daily go-to foundation instead of ELDW light. Try it - for me it does live up to all the hype.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I am using a sample from Sephora. I am 57 w/no particular skin issues. Mac NC20, the sample was 02 Beige Clair which is just a tiny bit too dark. 02 would be a better match for NC30. This has a lovely finish but within 90 minutes had settled into every fine line so will not purchase. ETA I have re-applied twice with thinner coverage. The finish is still lovely/satiny-to-glowy but this still finds lines I didn't know I had. Wears pretty well over the course of the day though. You will need additional coverage for undereye circles.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I simply love this foundation. I was introduced it during makeovers about two years ago. I was so impress with it that I bought everything that the makeup artist recommended. I looked absolutely beautiful upon completion of the makeover. However, I am out of the liquid makeup "Lingerie de Peau" No. 26 (Dore Ponce), but I have been unable to find it anywhere.

A week ago I was at Sephora looking for a new foundation. I was running low on a Laura Mercier foundation I've liked, but it wasn't so amazing that I automatically was going to buy it again. I wanted to see what might be recommended. The person assisting me was older, like me, and she applied Guerlain's Lingerie de Peau on my face.

I've been using it for a week now. It provides coverage, which is necessary because I have a lot of redness due to broken capillaries. But once it's on my face, you don't see a thick layer of foundation. It looks like I have beautiful, flawless skin. The foundation truly is invisible.

She was a very good sales person, because I ended up purchasing 4 products total and spending much more money than I had planned. In addition to the Lingerie de Peau foundation, she used and I purchased Meteorites Light-Diffusing Perfecting Primer, Lingerie De Peau Powder Foundation (a dusting to set), and Precious Light Rejuvenating Illuminator. While I've been using all the products, I really think it's the liquid foundation that's the critical one. In my defense she also applied eye shadow, eye liner, mascara, blush and a beautiful lip color, which also looked lovely, but I didn't purchase those products. My skin looked so perfect and at that point I wasn't sure what combination of the products was achieving the look so I purchased all 4.

As others have mentioned, there is a fragrance to the makeup, but I find it to smell lovely and expensive. The fragrance doesn't linger beyond the application.

The foundation does seem to stay on most of the day. The primer and powder may help with that?

My skin is on the dry side, and while I have some wrinkles, the foundation does not settle into them/accentuate them in any way. Honestly, it just makes my skin look perfect in a natural way.

It is expensive, but after using the product a week now, it's worth it because of the amazing results.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a lovely foundation that is lightweight but gives me a nice semi-matte medium coverage. It blends in my skin rather beautifully that the finish is almost flawless and unreal. I've lost the insert but if I recall it recommended using your fingers to apply. I've tried that, also with a beauty blender and foundation brush and all gave me that beautiful finish even before dusting with powder. I apply after my regular skincare routine with no primer.

I'm a Nars SG Stromboli/TM in St Moritz/UD Naked 5 and got mine in 03 Beige Naturel which seemed the most suited match for me as 04 was a tad too warm for my liking. Unfortunately the shades available here in Malaysia are rather limited, only up to 05 was available. I love the glass packaging, so classy. By the way if you're fussed about fragrance I have to say there is a slight fragrance - that rosy smell that I always associate with French cosmetics. That never bothers me though. The only reason I may not repurchase this in the near future is simply the lack of shade availability, and my preference for more sheer to light coverage foundations these days (I have since fallen in love with Armani Maestro).