September 19, 2014 | 1992 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - 'Lingerie de Peau' Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by suukyi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is perfect, if it doesn't oxidize on your skin.

When it's applied, the foundation makes my skin look perfect. It covers my pores and red areas due to past breakouts. Even though it's medium to full coverage, my skin still looks natural. The foundation also feels very lightweight and matte, without drying out my dry/normal skin.

However, within two hours the foundation oxidizes into two shades darker than it originally was, which I wouldn't mind if it didn't turn into orange. This oxidation didn't have anything to do with the weather or sun since I was in my office all day when I discovered what happened.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

About my skin:
Combination, with an extremely oily t-zone. Now that I'm in my mid-30's, I have some hyperpigmentation to cover, acne scars on my forehead from when I got adult acne post-pregnancy, and large pores on/around my nose. I am a light-neutral skintone, and aside from the aforementioned skin sins, have fairly smooth and decent skin.

I picked up this foundation in #02, which seems to be a decent match. I was testing also the #01, which was just a hair too ashy, so decided to buy the #02. There aren't a lot of color options in the Lingerie de Peau line, so very porcelain or deep-skinned ladies will likely not be able to find a match.

The bottle is nice - very luxe glass with a pump, and a metal-embossed cap. The foundation comes out very watery/runny, which would lead you to believe that it has no coverage, but in fact, it is almost like an eraser on the skin. For example, I am currently having some acne breakouts due to that time of the month, and when I tried covering them with the Chanel Perfection Lumiere (a foundation that I like and deem medium to high coverage) -- it sort of caked on them without covering them fully -- but LDP really swept on and covered them with no problem. I didn't even need to follow up with concealer.

The finish is a soft-matte, a little more matte than bare skin, but doesn't look made-up. It really is like lingerie for the skin - makes everything look better. I like to follow up with a bit of powder in the t-zone, and have used both the Guerlain Meterorites and Chanel Les Beiges over top, which seem to play well with LDP.

I have some oil breakthrough in my t-zone by lunchtime, but I have yet to find a foundation (even extremely matte or high coverage ones like Revlon Colorstay, Estee Lauder Doublewear, Lancome Teint Idole, etc.) that doesn't do that, so I didn't deduct a lippie for that. The foundation does have a candied violet scent, like many Guerlain products do, so if you are sensitive to scents, just keep that in mind. Also, there is SPF20 in this, which I haven't tested with flash photography, so don't know if there is a flash bounceback, etc.

Overall, a very wonderful foundation, and I have tried pretty much everything on the market. Some other foundations at the top of my list are Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk (I used shade 5) ,YSL Touche Eclat (I mix B20 and B30), and Bobbi Brown's new Skin Foundation Stick (which I use in Cool Beige.)

Hope that helps, and good luck! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Totski

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was a frustrating foundation for me. On the one hand, it finished beautifully, and lasted well. It wasn't picky with the method of application, whether sponge, flat-topped brush or fingers, it looked great. It's on the creamier side of fluid and had a pleasant smell. It held off shine by the usual average of 4 hours for me and lasted through most of the day, looking faded by afternoon.

The reason I wouldn't purchase it again is the shade. Alas, it is too pink for me (my usual problem with foundations, no matter how yellow the brand claims to be). I am Southeast Asian with the typical yellow coloring - between MAC NC25-30. I have LdP in Shade 03. It was a good match as far as lightness/darkness but not undertone. I imagine it will work well for neutral complexions, even more olive complexions but my neck didn't blend well with it. It is subtle but at this price level, I expect a better match.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by starburst860

I really love this product when you first put it on. It goes on so smooth and blends like a dream. In the morning my skin looks flawless. However... I have oily skin, so the downfall is that it doesn't last very long at all. I set it with powder, and within a few hours it's mostly disappeared from my face.
The coverage is also quite sheer for my liking, as I have old acne scars on my cheeks that I need more coverage for.

If my skin wasn't as oily, and it lasted longer I would continue to buy it.

Still on the hunt for my HG Foundation.

I would recommend for others though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by eek42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow!!!

The texture and application is incredible. It applies smoothly and leaves an incredible smooth and skin like finish. I have 31 which is way too dark for me, but it mixes really well with mac face and body yay!

I mix it from 1:1 to 1:2 lingerie to f+b. In these ratios I still get a lot of the benefits of a smooth and easy application, but I need to rub it in a little more.

This lasts all day on me. It transfers, but mac f+b transfers like crazy on me

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by carmelitta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This just became my HG high-end foundation! I got shade 23 Dore Naturel. It's perfect for the day or if you like to layer your makeup like me (I mean adding quite a bit of bronzer, blush, highlight and so on) and the best thing is that even if you apply that much makeup, You'll still be able to see your actual skin showing through with this gorg foundation! It's light-medium coverage. It's not like 'tinted moisturizer'/bb cream kind of coverage, but still I can't really get it how some people write that you can build it up to full... I guess "full" means something different to all of us, but for me it's something like Estee Lauder Double Wear, so no, there's no way to get that with this Guerlain foundation, but if you're like me, I mean having clear skin and with no need to conceal anything apart from a bit of usual under-eye area tint, then that is so perfect, you gonna love it! :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2014 12:25:00 AM More reviews by mspicky

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hated this foundation. It covered nothing and wore off on my t zone, but not before it caused dry patches on my nose and under my eyes, and clogged all the pores on my cheeks and around my mouth! It left me with patchier and lumpier skin than before I put it on. Wow, I mean, it's not a foundation but a curse! Just goes to show how very personal foundation can be. I would rather go without foundation than spend one more minute with this on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Lerka

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. First of all, I got it in Beige Clair which was the lightest. I realize there are lighter shades but for some reason at sephora that was the lightest and they only had 4 shades. It's still wearable and not too dark on me. I find it's same shade on me as Diorskin nude in 021.
Secondly, it wears off my skin by the end of the day even with primer and setting powder. I have normal skin with oily Tzone. And some days it just slides off my face literally which is why I took one lippie off.
Overall, it's a nice foundation though. It looks natural when completely blended and the coverage is buildable. It does provide smooth satiny finish which I really like as I hate matte finish. I probably would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Lipstickjunkie4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!! I wore it the other day for 14 hours straight and it stayed put on my combo skin, even through my work with blow drying and ironing and coloring peoples hair. It made me glow and it felt lightweight! This is probably one of the best foundations I have ever tried! I will repurchase over and over again!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by rachael122

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite foundations. It feels very light and silky and it doesn't even feel like I'm wearing foundation. The first time I put this on I was so impressed by its super light texture. It's fairly sheer but can be built up to medium coverage. I typically don't reach for this during a breakout because it has more of a natural finish and isn't the best at covering up acne. I do think that it works pretty well with dry skin, though...when I have a patch of dry skin, I find that this doesn't attract as much attention to it or cause it to flake as much as some of my other foundations. It looks super natural and doesn't give the horrible white cast when you take pictures with flash. I have not noticed a lot of oxidation. It also lasts pretty long and I can make it through my whole day without having to touch up (although I don't typically get oily).
The packaging is very nice and also functional with a convenient pump. It comes in a pretty limited selection of shades, but if you can find it in your shade, I would definitely try it out. The biggest negative is, of course, the high price, but foundation is one thing I'm definitely willing to shell out a little extra for.