Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Pencil - Taupe

4.6

on 3/11/2014 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

The pic confused me........ Anyways I got another one of these, the taupe is the perfect eye brow pencil! Also a close dupe for Clinique Charcoal Brown eyeliner, so anyways yusssssss please this is 99¢ & lasts a long time even if you sharpen it everyday or every other day like i do. This is a dupe for the red twin Maybelline pencils in "Blonde" but those are hard to find & also are rock hard! This pencil is soft but not too soft, it probably matches about 98% of blonde/brunettes brows. It gives a natural color & stays put even on my super oily skin.... Has never broke me out or irritated my sensitive skin. Will always repurchase!! 99¢!!!!!

on 2/2/2014 7:42:00 PM

I really like the price of this .99 at Walgreens. It looks good on but I feel that it does wear off quickly. I don't mind reapplying since it is so cheap. It is a great buy!

on 2/1/2014 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Bought this for 99 cents at Walgreens on a whim after running out of my MAC Lingering. I have to say, this is a very, very close dupe, if not exact. I am NW15 with light reddish-brown hair, and light brown brows, and this is perfect for my brows. Not too dark, and not too red. Creamy formula, lots of pigmentation. I use this solely on my brows, so I can't speak for how this performs as an eyeliner. Also, I should add that the pencil size is very generous, about twice as long as brow pencils from other drugstore brands. If I ever run out of this I will definitely repurchase, and will probably pick up a couple of backups. Seriously, for 99 cents you just cannot go wrong.

Edited 6/25/14: I have bought at least 4 backups of this pencil and am still using my first one. I use it daily and still love it, and you can't beat the price. Great dupe for MAC Lingering.

on 1/31/2014 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this eyeliner- I use it as just that and not a brow filler cause my brows are pretty much black. This taupe color defines eyes without looking too harsh. I used to use grays or browns as my everyday liners but gray is kinda blah and brown can even be harsh for every day. I also like that this literally goes with anything you choose to wear on your face so you don't have to think about it and doesn't clash with anything you wear. And you can see enough of it that it makes a difference without going overboard. So cheap and will def buy this color again!

on 1/5/2014 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Finally got my hands on this pencil that everyone wave as an excellent brow pencil!
And I'm so disappointed, because this is way too soft and waxy that the produce seems to stick on my brow and create uneven results, totally NOT pretty!
Maybe it would be better as eyeliner, but per experience this would not be a long lasting one.
Would not recommend or repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The ultimate brow pencil for blondes, natural or bleached. I've strayed from this in the past (it's popular and often runs out at CVS), but in terms of value, staying power, and quality I don't think I'll ever find a true replacement. It's creamy and glides really well; I never truly appreciated how superior this pencil is until I experimented with other brands (I won't name names). I can't stand the dragging of a dry pencil across my face, but that will never be a problem as long as Wet'n'Wild keeps churning these babies out. I often buy several at a time because they are - hello! - 99 cents and also come in handy as a nice, neutral daytime eyeliner.

on 9/6/2013 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Shade: Perfect dupe to MAC Lingering, maybe slighly darker. I am an NC43/44 and this looks natural on me. No red in it at all. I would classify it as a neutral brown.
Texture/Consistency: Waxier and softer than Lingering, and a little bit more pigmentation as a result. You do need to sharpen this to get a defined line though - the tip is wider than Lingering.
Lasting power: Rubs off easily, but Lingering does that too.
Price: 99 cents!!! for a super long pencil. I'm regretting not buying multiples.

I love this pencil!

on 7/24/2013 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

If you are a cool, fair blonde, you will LOVE this eyebrow pencil. I have tried EVERYTHING under the sun, and I heart this little gem from Wet n Wild with a passion. It is the perfect shade of blonde/taupe for me...meaning it does not contain any red. It has a waxy consistency, it is very easy to apply and it looks very natural on. My brows are super duper light and nearly invisible so some sort of brow product is a must for me. I fill my brows in with this pencil and set them with Cover Girl clear mascara/lash gel and my brows do not budge ALL DAY!

Rite Aid is having a 30% off Wet n Wild sale right now with $3.00 extra bucks back if you purchase $10.00. I bought 10 of these babies to keep in my stash. The only problem with this pencil is that it needs to be sharpened almost every other time that I use it and I seem to use the pencil up pretty quickly. No problem since they are only .99 cents to begin with & I just picked up 10 at discount. Wet n Wild is frequently on sale so snatch this little sucka up and prepare to fall in love.

Thanks Makeup Alley peeps for steering me to my HG brow pencil!

on 4/22/2013 12:54:00 PM

I have repurchased this over and over again. There are 2 brow pencils that I reach for all the time and absolutely love. This is one of them and the other is MAC's brow pencil in Lingering. I have also repurchase Lingering over and over again but I wouldn't say that I necessarily like either one more than the other! Maybe Linger edges out just a little bit because it is a twist up format where you don't have to always sharpen the product. But there is a HUGE price tag difference.

Because everyone is different for what shade matches them I can only describe how it looks on myself. This does not look overly dark or fake on my brows. I have dark brown hair and NC30 shaded skin (yellow undertones). If you're looking for a creamy formula this could be for you. The biggest downfall to me is that it needs sharpening all the time and gets used up really quickly. Even though this pencil is really long, it gets used up quickly, I think it is because the formula is so creamy and soft and it needs constant sharpening. With that said, it is only $0.99 and when on sale you can find is for even less.

I will continue to repurchase this shade for as long as WnW make this product.

on 3/4/2013 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

After using twist up brow products like Anastasia's Brow Wiz (brunette) and Maybelline's Define-a-Brow (light brown), I was broke for a while and figured this ridiculously inexpensive pencil was worth a shot, especially since finding a cool brown brow pencil at the drugstore is surprisingly difficult. I LOVE this pencil for my brows. It's very soft, so needs sharpening every other use, but the color is perfect for dark blonde and light to medium brown hair, and it is waxy enough to last all day on me. It's never traveled or smudged and I've been on the same pencil for months! I imagine it would smudge as an eyeliner, but that would be advantageous if you were to use it as a base for eyeshadow and pat shadow on top to fix it in place. Try this pencil!