April 20, 2014 | 1696 users online

Eyeliner - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Pencil - Taupe

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

If you are a cool, fair blonde, you will LOVE this eyebrow pencil. I have tried EVERYTHING under the sun, and I heart this little gem from Wet n Wild with a passion. It is the perfect shade of blonde/taupe for me...meaning it does not contain any red. It has a waxy consistency, it is very easy to apply and it looks very natural on. My brows are super duper light and nearly invisible so some sort of brow product is a must for me. I fill my brows in with this pencil and set them with Cover Girl clear mascara/lash gel and my brows do not budge ALL DAY!

Rite Aid is having a 30% off Wet n Wild sale right now with $3.00 extra bucks back if you purchase $10.00. I bought 10 of these babies to keep in my stash. The only problem with this pencil is that it needs to be sharpened almost every other time that I use it and I seem to use the pencil up pretty quickly. No problem since they are only .99 cents to begin with & I just picked up 10 at discount. Wet n Wild is frequently on sale so snatch this little sucka up and prepare to fall in love.

Thanks Makeup Alley peeps for steering me to my HG brow pencil!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Angelamakeup

I have repurchased this over and over again. There are 2 brow pencils that I reach for all the time and absolutely love. This is one of them and the other is MAC's brow pencil in Lingering. I have also repurchase Lingering over and over again but I wouldn't say that I necessarily like either one more than the other! Maybe Linger edges out just a little bit because it is a twist up format where you don't have to always sharpen the product. But there is a HUGE price tag difference.

Because everyone is different for what shade matches them I can only describe how it looks on myself. This does not look overly dark or fake on my brows. I have dark brown hair and NC30 shaded skin (yellow undertones). If you're looking for a creamy formula this could be for you. The biggest downfall to me is that it needs sharpening all the time and gets used up really quickly. Even though this pencil is really long, it gets used up quickly, I think it is because the formula is so creamy and soft and it needs constant sharpening. With that said, it is only $0.99 and when on sale you can find is for even less.

I will continue to repurchase this shade for as long as WnW make this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by keyelement

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After using twist up brow products like Anastasia's Brow Wiz (brunette) and Maybelline's Define-a-Brow (light brown), I was broke for a while and figured this ridiculously inexpensive pencil was worth a shot, especially since finding a cool brown brow pencil at the drugstore is surprisingly difficult. I LOVE this pencil for my brows. It's very soft, so needs sharpening every other use, but the color is perfect for dark blonde and light to medium brown hair, and it is waxy enough to last all day on me. It's never traveled or smudged and I've been on the same pencil for months! I imagine it would smudge as an eyeliner, but that would be advantageous if you were to use it as a base for eyeshadow and pat shadow on top to fix it in place. Try this pencil!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This pencil is perfect for my brows! It is a great color, soft and smudgy. Might require reapplication after a few hours, but I really think that's better than an overdone brow look.

It works for almost everyone, I find. I bought an extra one by accident and gave it to my mom because it's perfect for her brows too.

Other positives: it's widely available at drugstores (in the U.S.) and cheap as dirt. Wet N Wild is frequently on sale, too.

The only downside is that it's a long pencil. I whack it in half with a kitchen knife to fit it in my makeup bag.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Disnep

It is the first brow pencil I have and I don't like it too much. It is too soft to do the brow and too waxy to make your hair stick together, the color is too odd as an eyeliner. However, the color is really good for brow and it is so cheap, I think it is the perfect first eyebrow pencil for beginner to practice doing brows. ....I think I like jordana's brow pencil more, a dollor more but work really well....
p.s. I find out when I actually begin to use this pencil, it gone so quick that even though it is so long. I guess it is because it is so soft..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2012 3:58:00 AM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm absolutely obsessed with this pencil - I use it for my brows. I'm 30yrs old and *just* started doing my brows, like, this year lol.. I have (and have always had) pretty full brows, I get them tweezed/waxed every 4-5 weeks, so never thought I "needed" to do my brows and thought it was only for people with thinning brows but I'm able to say I was wrong! :)
I had this pencil in my makeup stash already, purchased it at my local CVS store for .99cents a good while back, just to use as a basic taupe shade of eyeliner, but unfortunately I never really reached for it as an eyeliner so it collected dust until I saw a good amount of posts on the MakeUp Board about people with fair skin and dark brows using this as a brow product. I thought hum.. maybe I'll try that? -Needless to say I did and have become a bit of a pro with it now, and I've also tried quite a few other brow products but always come back to this one. The ones I've tried thus far are all from the drugstore but are: NYC's brow kit, ELF's brow kit, and Wet'nWild's brow kit. -I like them all, but don't find any of those as fool-proof and natural looking on me personally as this taupe pencil (which makes me happy because this pencil is HUGE, much taller than your average kohl liner pencil and is only $1 - it's a win/win)
As I said above my skintone is quite fair (In MAC I'd wear N10/NC15) but I also have very dark brown eyes, and med-dark brown hair (as well as brows) -This blends perfectly without looking like I've placed anything at all on my brow area which is the biggest thing for me, I don't ever want it to look like I've applied anything to make my brows look "done" (If that makes sense? lol) I typically top this pencil off with a little bit of clear mascara by ELF or Maybelline, just so my natural brows look tame and everything like that :)
I've been using this pencil regularly (ALMOST daily) for about 4 months now and am still only almost 1/2 of the way through it, so it lasts quite a while - regardless of how long it lasts though I plan to repurchase over & over again. Wet 'n Wild has really impressed me lately and this is no exception, highly recommend!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by next1

I love this product for my brows, I have pale yellow/olive toned skin and black hair so I like for my brows to be defined without being too dark. This pencil accomplishes both without making mh brow look too dark for my pale skin, love it and its like 99 cents. What mor could u ask for?

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by ValleyGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Looks like I'm in the minority as I actually used this pencil as an eyeliner (found it too soft for brows).

I absolutely loved this shade as an eyeliner - it gave just a bit of subtle definition and had surprisingly good wear.

However, and it took me a few months to admit this to myself, it made my eyes itch, water, and burn like mad. I tried telling myself it was migrating sunscreen, but no, it was the pencil.

Bummer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I have medium brown hair and this taupe pencil works great for my brows. The formulation is a bit waxy and dry, but once you apply and comb out with a spoolie it ends up looking and feeling very natural. Lasts all day too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 2:13:00 AM More reviews by pattyr91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

PERFECT SHADE for any hair color, blonde, brown, black. This is my go to product to fill in my very light eye brows and get asked many questions about every where i go. Use it alone or set it with an eyeshadow, will look beautiful either way. Has an "ashy cool" tone which is great and very hard to find compared to all the ones with reddish undertones. Seriously one of a kind color for only 99 cents. Wax keeps eyebrows in place as well. I have bought this since senior year in high school and 4 years later, I'm still in love like the first day. It is a MUST try product! :)