April 21, 2014 | 955 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by TrueHysteria

I LOVE this moisturizer, I've been trying many moisturizer and could not find a right one for me. Many of them, some are greasy some are lack of moisturizing. This one is a gel, the color itself looks so refresh, it's smell like a natural sense , not as chemical fragrance. It does not greasy, go super light and fast absorb on your skin. Because it is light, it is a you must need to apply a little more otherwise it will still dry your skin out in the winter. But in the summer it is perfect. The cons is this product contains alcohol in the ingredient list, which I'm not sure if that is really a bad thing to your skin but most moisturizer has it too. I think many gel light-weight moisturizer contains alcohol though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by DinaBear1999

Love this product. I have combo skin that is very oily in my t-zone. I never thought I needed Moisturizer. Well I do! I need this one. It actually hydrates my skin and makes it less oily. I don't know how it works but my skin is less oily!! I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by mbchick235

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is definitely a HG product for me!! It comes in a small glass jar and the gel-cream is a beautiful translucent light green gel. The smell is very refreshing. I have an oily t zone so I use a facial moisturizer everyday(biore), which dries my face out in the winter. What can I say! This does the trick! It's light enough to be put right ON my acne when the skin around it is all dry and adds more attention. Know what I mean? It's very light and absorbs quickly, given this isn't super super moisturizing(it wouldn't cure dry hands or arms). But for your face it's perfect! Will definitely rebuy when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by jenjen182

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to have oily skin, but since I've gone on AcneFree, my face has turned into combination, a bit oily, but now red and itchy with dry, peeling patches. It's just as fun as it sounds. I used to use Neutrogena's Oil Free Moisturizer, but it just didn't seem to be accomplishing what it used to for me. I decided on a new moisturizer that would be more focused for combo skin and would do better to clear up redness and dry patches. After only using this for a few hours, I can tell an immediate difference. The dry patches stayed gone after putting this on after exfoliating, which is a plus, and it feels so light and smells so fruity on your face! Kept my skin matte too. Definitely a fantastic investment for the long run :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by violetsky88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love love love this product!! I've been using this product for 2-3 years, though I only use it in the summer months because it isn't rich enough for my dry skin during the winter months. It's oil-free and readily absorbs in without leaving a greasy or heavy after feel, which is great in a hot climate where sweating is inevitable (Phoenix, AZ). It leaves my skin feeling smooth, moisturized, and fresh. I apply it after cleansing and applying my vitamin c serum. It has a light pleasant smell that I like (or maybe I'm just addicted!).

What I rave most about this product is that I truly believe that switching to this moisturizer is what ultimately helped to clear my skin from chronic blackheads/clogged pores. It is the only consistent change I made in my skin care routine leading up to smoother, clearer skin. I tried so many different face washes that promised to alleviate blackheads/clogged pores and NOTHING worked until I started using this. I believe it helped clear my skin because it is so light and oil-free.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by camlynare

I have a very oily T-zone and very few moisturizers soak into my skin. This does the job perfectly. Not only does it give a touch of moisture to my skin, but it keeps the oil at bay all day! I would recommend this to anyone with oily skin as it is light and wont clog your pores. I wouldn't however recommend this for people with dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by antlered

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This product is great if your skin requires little help. It's light, and doesn't leave residue on your face. This is the perfect product to help soothe and moisturize my summer skin. Once winter hits though it's a whole other story. Using this product my skin was flaky and I developed clogged pores on my cheeks which something I've never had before.
I had to switch products and my skin is recovering nicely, but I wouldn't suggest this product to people with finicky skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by jasthill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My skin type is oily with moderate acne (black heads and a few cystic bumps).

I use the Cetaphil Normal to Oily Skin Cleanser, followed by Witch Hazel, and finished with Garnier's Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream.

Now, I like this product, but I'm not 100% in love and here's why:

I can tell that between my changed skin regimen that I have listed above that my skin has improved in quality and softness over the past 3 weeks. However, for the moisture rescue gel itself, I am torn. I wear it under my make-up in the mornings because it does really well at minimizing oil, which is a big deal for me. However, I definitely don't feel my skin drink it in. It kind of feels like rubbing nothing into your face and having the slightest feeling of film on your face afterwards (but a good film). So at night, I also use natural coconut oil on my face to help give it a bit of moisture overnight.

So overall, I have noticed that my skin has been improving since using this gel to my skin care system, but I changed my entire skin care system when I started using this. So I don't know how effective the product would be on a stand-alone level. But it's definitely worth a try if you're oily and want something to wear under your makeup!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by cathykl

While for many this is may be an "ok" moisturizer it does list denatured alcohol as the 3rd ingredient which is drying and damages my skin over time, causing redness and irritation. I used this one and Biotherm's gel (also high alcohol/fragrance) moisturiser and had terrible, constantly breaking out skin at those times. I have since stopped using these types of products because I notice they leave me with dry patches and isn't very good for prepping skin before make up. I can see someone with very oily skin probably liking it however my preference is for moisturizers without denatured/SD alcohols, as I don't feel this is beneficial for skin in the long term. I also dislike the jar packaging. not very hygenic even if you wash your hands or use a spatula. Would not repurchase

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by kbentley0423

I was so excited when I found this product as a gel because regular lotion moisturizers tend to break me out in some areas and im still dry in others. This moisturizer was not for me either. I used it for a little over a week and it was great. HOWEVER, I noticed a few bumps and a slight rash form on the side of my lip. I didn't know what it was. I'm not prone to getting cold sores either. The last one I had was over 10 years ago. The next morning, my lips were swollen with bumps all around and on them. It was a rash from an allergic reaction. Later on the day, I noticed my cheeks were intensely itchy. Again, apart of the reaction. I looked up more reviews on the product and other people have had the same problem as well. Needless to say I stopped using the product, and hope to find another gel moisturizer.

Although, the first few days I tried the product, it was cool and refreshing. Very lightweight, and didn't cause any breakouts. Just be cautious.