December 29, 2014 | 1580 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clinique - Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle and UV Damage Corrector [DISCONTINUED]

This product was discontinued and reformulated in August 2013. You can find the new version called "Repairwear Laser Focus Smooths, Restores, Corrects" here:

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by JunkerBabylon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This formula has changed as of august 2013 and the NEW name is "Repairwear Laser Focus Smooths, restores and corrects".

Estee Lauder (who owns Clinique) added N-acetylglucosamine for exfoliation, brightening and to increase skins natural production of hyaluronic acid.

They removed the controversial vitamin A derivative retinyl palmitate which showed increased skin damage with UV-radiation in animal experiments.

I think these changes were for the better and this new formula along with a retinoid and Olays Regenerist micro-sculpting cream really do make my skin look tight, bright and healthy.

water\aqua\eau [] dimethicone [] butylene glycol [] methyl trimethicone [] vinyl dimethicone/methicone silsesquioxane crosspolymer [] polysorbate 20 [] bis-peg-18 methyl ether dimethyl silane [] glycerin [] silica [] polymethylsilsesquioxane [] lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone [] methyl gluceth-20 [] polysilicone-11 [] sigesbeckia orientalis (st. paul's wort) extract [] salvia sclarea (clary) extract [] acetyl glucosamine [] plankton extract [] whey protein [] sea whip extract [] arabidopsis thaliana extract [] caffeine [] acetyl hexapeptide-8 [] glycine soja (soybean) protein [] anthemis nobilis (chamomile) [] sodium hyaluronate [] micrococcus lysate [] palmitoyl oligopeptide [] ergothioneine [] aminopropyl ascorbyl phosphate [] ethylhexylglycerin [] caprylyl glycol [] tocopheryl acetate [] cholesterol [] glyceryl polymethacrylate [] sodium hydroxide [] lecithin [] carbomer [] peg-8 [] xanthan gum [] citric acid [] disodium edta [] phenoxyethanol continued >>

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this product in one of my beauty box. I think it's topbox but I'm not sure. This is not a review for a constant use of the full size so maybe you'll get more benefit than me but for me it did nothing. It is moisturizing but not enough so I still have to use a moisturizer on top of it. The smell is clean and the feeling is refreshing on my face but that's about it. Nothing out of this world, and I will not be purchasing the full size. I did not saw any anti aging properties to it, sadly.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by adh1006

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am African-American, late 20s. I had a few extremely fine lines on my face that I wanted to get rid of. I got a bottle of Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle & UV Damage Corrector thinking it would help get rid of them, but it did not work for me at all. It did not help improve my skin texture or remove fine lines, and yes, I did use SPF along with this serum.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by tiara85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So far so fabulous....

Prevention is better than cure for me, so at 27 with a few fine lines around my eyes I've started using RWLF serum. I love it, it absorbs easily, has never broken me out and when I don't use it my skin doesn't feel as tight. An I mean tight in a good way, like skin in plumped and is getting well cared for.

Just make sure you invest in a good SPF ladies, I use city block, because you're throwing your money away using anti-aging products then stepping out without.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by bululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm writing this review after a month of regular and consistent use of the serum. I was probably expecting too much, but, why has Clinique made such a big claim as to compare this lotion to a laser treatment? No way you're near any remarkable result. At the start I liked the fact that you can apply it on your crow's feet, so one product does it all, but with time, I have realised that maybe the serum is too gentle, actually so gentle that you won't notice any difference. My lines are still there and some sun damage is still shining on my face. I have pretty good skin but I was hoping for some plumping, refining effect...alas no more waiting now. I'm just looking forward to finishing my bottle and forget abot it. Really disappointing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by deanna424

I didn't see any anti aging effect other than decent moisturization. It made my face break out so I used it on my neck. I got a large sample with purchase and would not buy the full size.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by jccmz

I've been using for 4 months, day & night. The first 2-3 wks, I thought it was helping refine my skin such as making pores less noticeable. But I think now that any improvement back then might have been due to several new skin treatments I was starting & using around the same time, like mandelic acid peels & ziana (retin a + clindamycin), because I've stopped both peels & the ziana for the past 2 months and now my skin looks the way it did before -- with sunspots as dark as ever & pores as huge as they were before. I did start using Alpha Hydrox spot lightener with hydroquinine for about 4 months too. My skin hasn't really improved.

I seriously wonder if Repairwear does anything at all. Sometimes when I put it on, it does form a rubbery peely surface. I don't think this works for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Minou87

Very nice serum, if I can call it that. I've been using it for one week, and I have noticed a difference in my skin tone and texture. I have a two-week trial, then I return for a skin analysis to see the difference. Then Clinique will give me another 2-week sample to continue in order to see more improvements. So far I am considering purchasing this serum at the end of 4 weeks if the results continue.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by tabster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love this serum! My skin is so sensitive and I can use this with no problems what so ever! Thats a big deal for me! I also find it does what it says its going to do, my skin works great when I use it. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by FreedomDiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Here in Canada, The Bay was giving a big 15ml (half the full-size bottle!) sample to try out. The SA told me to use a few drops twice a day and follow with moisturizer. The bottle says that it should last for 2 weeks, but no way that is true. I believe if you use the bottle religiously twice a day, it should last about 6 weeks.
I have been using my bottle for two weeks now but only at night because my skin reacts badly to some new products and I didn't want to take any chances. My verdict so far is that it does indeed make the skin softer and smoother and I can detect some clarity in my overall complexion. I cannot comment on it reducing wrinkles as it has only been 2 weeks. For my temperamental skin, this has produced better results that EL advanced night repair, I found it to be gentler on the skin than ANR.
However, this has caused my skin to become quite dry. I generally have combination skin, but this has caused some flakiness and I can see some dry patches now. I always use my regular Biotherm Aquasource moisturizer on top, but it doesn't seem to cut it anymore. I am now not sure what to do, because I am worried that by drying out my skin it will be counterproductive and actually speed up wrinkles !!! I thought of switching to a richer moisturizer, but worried that a heavy formulation might clog my pores. If anyone can suggest a good moisturizer that can combat the dryness caused by this, I would be very grateful if you could contact me!! (otherwise I think I will have to stop using this soon)