Cure - Natural Aqua Gel

4.1

water (activated hydrogen water, non-acidic and purified), glycerin, acrylates/C10-30, alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, dicocodimonium, chloride, steartrimonium bromide, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, gingko biloba extract, rosmarinus officinalis/rosemary leaf extract, butylene glycol.

on 9/24/2014 9:18:00 PM

Bought this a few months back because I didn't like the idea of rubbing abrasive materials on my face. After watching multiple reviews for this on Youtube I decided to give it a try.

Oh thank the Lord I found it, because it is probably the best exfoliator I've used in a while.

At first I speculated the viability of the product because the majority of it was water and I thought to myself 'how is a product which is mostly just water supposed to get rid of the dead skin on your face if regular water can't do it?'. Boy am I glad to be wrong, the first time I used this I was both ecstatic and disgusted at the amount of 'gunk' (for lack of a better word) that it was able to get rid of.

I like to wash my face first with a gentle cleanser, some warm water and a face towel, then go back with Cure Natural Aqua Gel. I do this around once every 6 or 7 days just to make sure I get everything and my face is squeaky clean. The days I don't use it, I just wash my face as I normally would.

After I use this, my face always has a really bright, healthy glow. And because the layer of dead skin is thoroughly removed my skin definitely absorbs the my creams and sleeping packs better.

My face has cleared up quite a bit that I just get the occasional pimple here and there, which is good. I would definitely buy this product again when it runs out.

on 9/23/2014 12:06:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this for a few years now as my main exfoliator and boy do I need to move on. It is amazing in the fact that it does physically seem to lift dead skin cells - upon rubbing it into your skin (gently) the product pills up - HOWEVER it does not get into pores or give me the thorough deep clean that I need.
*Another thing about this product is the packaging is terrible. The pump bottle gets MASSIVELY clogged if you used the product that way so I used my second bottle via the messy way of unscrewing the pump and pouring onto my hands.

on 9/22/2014 11:31:00 PM

Now I have read many reviews that says the products itself balled up and not dead skin. I did too thought that the balled up stuff on my face was only the product. So I tried again the morning after, and no balled up product whatsoever. It was only the gel running around my face with nothing to exfoliate! So now I'm a believer, this product truly exfoliate dead skin cells, without any harsh beads, and now I even try out a little bit for my eye area. With extra care and super soft movement of course. I will update the result in a few weeks, since I only tried it once a couple of days ago.

Anyway, best way to apply this product is before you shower, dry face and hands, pour a tiny bit on your palm, apply evenly to your face. You can start right away or wait a few seconds before you start. Rinse with a little water and keep on massaging your face and rinse thoroughly (you can just go ahead and shower). Apply moisturizer and you're all set!

on 8/23/2014 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

EDIT: It's been at least a couple of weeks since I last wrote the review below, and I've changed my mind about this product :( it continued to break me out, sadly. I thought it might have been the product taking the gunk out of my face, but knowing my skin, I knew how long it would be until I could tell when a product was breaking me out for real. This is what happened. I started using it 2-3 times a week, thinking I can start using it as my main weekly exfoliator, and my face didn't like it. However, I still think it's effective with getting rid of flakey skin after just one use (which wouldn't be enough to break me out) so I most likely will not repurchase until winter comes around again when my skin is way more dry and flakey. EDIT AGAIN: actually, I will not repurchase this product. I've come to the conclusion that this is too harsh for my skin. After using other peeling gels with the same gimmicks, I've found others than either work better, and others that are gentler on sensitive skins. Sensitive skin people, skip this one!

It took me years to get this product because of the high price (around $50 a bottle for me), the fact that it might break me out as many skincare products tend to do, and how it might not be your skin cells balling up but the product during usage.. but I finally decided to buy sample sizes on eBay about a month ago to see if it's actually worth it and how it compared to the super cheap but super useless alternative of this product I got from Daiso. I received 5 sample satchets for.. I don't remember the price, but it was definitely nothing over $20.

This product works! It truly does! Now, I have pretty sensitive acne-prone skin which is sometimes oily, sometimes dry depending on weather. As of late, my skin has been very dry due to it being winter on my side of the globe. After numerous usage, my dry patches are gone and my skin has been so smooth! I've been using it about twice a week and I feel like this product MAY be the cause of the breakouts on my forehead... but after a week, it didn't seem to get worse and as of right now, no breakouts or bad irritations from this product. Maybe these initial breakouts came out due to the gunk on my skin actually coming out because of the thorough exfoliation. I hope the fact I'm physically getting rid of excess dead skin cells means my skin doesn't get as clogged...

I'm also quite sure the product isn't just balling up by itself because I tried to exfoliate an area of my skin twice with this to see if the same amount of product would ball up the second time round. That didn't happen. I also saw a comment from a review someone made of this product that the reason why this product works the way it does is because it's actually picking up the dead skin cells while the product balls up. Makes sense to me!

I think unless you have super super super sensitive skin, I would recommend this product to everyone! It's definitely not cheap, but if you're super curious to try it, do what I did and buy samples online before deciding to buy the pricey full-size bottle or not!

NOTE: probably also worth saying to use this product with a dry face! It's not gonna work if your face is wet hahahaha

on 7/20/2014 2:41:00 AM

This is another Japanese beauty invention that has taken the world by a storm. It arrived in Malaysia not too long ago, and I believe was sold exclusively in SaSa.

While it claims to be an invention, truth is... there has been a couple of products that works similar ways as this product. At the back of my head, the infamous Ginvera Marvel Gel perform exactly the same way as it does; add a dollop of this onto you skin.... gently rub in circular motions and it removes the dead cells that sits on top of the skin.

As with any other exfoliators, freshly exfoliated skin always feels smoother and silkier, as the dead cells are removed. So contrary to other MUA-ers here, I am not surprised at the 'miracles' it as called performs. I would recommend it to people with sensitive skin who are looking for a less abrasive way to exfoliate (it does not contain fragrance, or grains that would otherwise irritate sensitive skin).

It retails at MY115 in Malaysia, which is expensive in my opinion.

ok.. so i have a very dry, flaky and sensitive skin... i do exfoliate and moisturize often but still my flakes tend to show up whenever i wear foundation (even after a silicone based primer i use)..
majority all the exfoliants i used left my skin red and rashy... but whoa... here comes this gel...
very soft and gentle...and effective too... i use it twice weekly as directed...and it magically peels of all the dead and flaky skin layer...leaving my skin soft and smooth as a baby's bottom..haha
but seriously this is my HG product now... will surely repurchase... \m/

on 6/18/2014 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was finally able to grab two bottles of this after a trip to Japan. In Japan, it's about $25 per bottle, but outside of Japan, it's about $40 off Amazon. (Sad, but true.) The packaging is a frosted, semi-clear white bottle with a durable pump and a super thin nozzle. I like how much product you get for the price!

Anyways, for the first few days, I was actually using it WRONG. I'm used to using peeling gels in the shower because it's convenient to wash your face and body all at once, but this gel doesn't work very well if it mixes with water. The trick is to apply it to a dry face with your dry hands. I wait about half a minute, then gently begin to rub at my skin in gentle circles. The dead skin comes off in balls, which sounds gross but is actually very therapeutic and relaxing to do. Once I feel like my whole face has been exfoliated, I rinse it off easily with water.

Compared to most peeling gels I've tried, this one takes a little bit of time to work but is also very effective when used correctly. Is it worth the price? I'd say so! A bottle should last you a while since you only need about 1-1.5 pumps to cover your whole face.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is my favorite exfoliator! I don't even mind if all the clumps are not my dead skin because whatever it does, it works. It makes my makeup look way smoother, too. No breakouts!

on 5/22/2014 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The best product

on 2/4/2014 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Okay this is one of the best and most offective products I have every used. Baby soft skin with no harsh scrubbing. I occasional use an at home microdermabrasion treatment with a rotating brush and it doesn't do half the job that the natural aqua gel does. BUT...everytime I use this is seems to coincide with me breaking out with cystic acne. I have struggled with acne in the last year which I have now found out is definetly caused by food allergies. I started my diet well before using this and saw big improvement in my skin. But as soon as I used this, and I would only use it on a small area of my face, I would break out in that same area. I tried 1/4 of the bottle everytime I feel the results were the same everytime. Sadly I decided to sell the bottle on to stop my self from being tempted to use it. I will almost certainly try this again in a years time once my skin has completely recover from my allergy diet and I can test it once more to see if results are the same. Its a wonderful product shame it didn't quite agree with my skin.

Popular Treatments (Face)

Retin A
Lemon Juice

Top Rated Treatments (Face)