November 29, 2014 | 1718 users online

Skincare - Face - Tamanu Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by artsaves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm a big believer in natural remedies opposed to chemical so I always try finding new oils to try out on my skin. I don't have acne related problems, just texture issues and a bit of uneven skin tone. I find that Tamanu Oil works great to give myself a healthy glow, soft skin, and it moisturizes incredibly. I use the oil from Aura Cacia which is 100 pure, nothing else added into it. It's about 9 bucks for a small bottle but it has lasted me a good couple of months so I feel it's worth the price. I know once I'm close to running out, I will purchase it again. It's a safe alternative to chemical products and since I have very sensitive skin, I like to play it safe. You have nothing to lose by using natural products! Tamanu Oil is said to have anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, and antibiotic properties. Give it a shot!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Kavi123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm kinda in love with tamanu oil. I've been using it for about 3 weeks & it's awesome in blemished skin. Whenever I have a pimple I put some on as a spot treatment & literally it's shrunk or gone by the next morning. Kinda amazing! I've had acne prone skin forever it seems. I used to use harsh chemicals to control it (obagi & retin-a). Those were Great in controlling the acne, but full of chemicals. I started researching all natural products & stumbled upon tamanu. I'm using the "life-FLO" brand - 100% organic & cold-pressed. Love it & it really doesn't smell that bad! It's worth it to keep those breakouts at bay! ;)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

Unpleasant scent. It would have been the perfect oil if it were unscented and if my body didn't react to it. It smells very strong of musky, woody prunes, like someone pointed out here. At $8.10 an oz on Garden of Wisdom, it definitely is on the more expensive side of oils as well.

The pros are that it makes skin so soft. It moisturizes so well. It also sinks right in and leaves no greasy feel. This oil is too strongly scented for me to put it on my face.

Pros: softens skin, moisturizes, not greasy
Cons: expensive, strong scent

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by wiresinhisheart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

ive been using tamanu oil for about a year now. i have very clog prone acne-prone skin and this hasnt cause me any problems. when i first started using it, it made my skin peel which was... alarming, but i continued to use it and my skin has had a nice glow ever since. the only time i cant use tamanu oil is if i have done a tca peel, it gets trapped underneath the dried out skin and gives me painful whiteheads.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Fey84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using tamanu oil for about 6 months and i do notice a difference in my skin. I would say that overall, it has made my skin better. But i also mix this with an msm lotion i got at whole foods, so i think the combination of these two products has helped with the acne scars. that and i got a derma roller but ive only used it 2x in the last 3 months. The oil can tend to dry out my skin if i use it in the morning and evening. So, just focus on applying it to the areas that i'm trying to heal (i.e. where i have acne marks/scars). Also, before i wash my face i take almond or grapeseed oil to remove the dirt/makeup..i think that keeps it from drying out too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by boyscubed

Wonderful stuff. I purchased the Aura Cacia brand. I have been using it only a short time and it makes my face so smooth. Smells a little odd but I can get past that. I was using jojoba oil to moisturize my face but have been using tamanu in place of the jojoba. The tamanu is thicker and less slick feeling than the jojoba and it seems to really make my skin glow more. I think I will probably be using tamanu oil for life now.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I don't have acne but I have been using Tamanu oil for about 1 week now and I must say I love it. The texture is medium, it does sink in but it also stays on top enough to provide moisture. I never liked using just an oil as a moisturizer , but this one I love. the texture and the natural fragrance doesn't bother me. I am intrigued by some of its properties but I will have to report back because of some of the reviews stating how it dried thier skin, it is possible because this oil gets a lot of reviews about how it is great for acne, so it is very possible it can be drying. As for some of the bigger claims like skin thickening we shall see, I would say that is a tall order for an oil to be able to thicken skin, but I will say that it does have skin healing properties. Worth a try !

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by drcotton

I've done a review to this product before; this is my update review. I've been using this stuff for more than 4 years.... I must say I'm pretty addicted to this stuff. Like I've said in my past review this stuff is the best beauty secret ever!!! Seriously this is TRUTH!! Lol. In the last review I indicated I used the New Chapter brand, I tried a new brand and I have to rave about it! It is so inexpensive, every beauty lover can afford and save their money in the long run! It's called Calibabe! I came across this while Internet buying through eBay and I must say.. I purchased this product at 4oz for $18! Ladies, I highly recommend the tamanu oil. Since using it, I can say my skin feels young, I'm near my mid 30's and I don't have a wrinkle. And I must add just because I'm Asian does not mean I look younger than other nationalities, I dislike when ppl say this. Like others we have the same skin... We age too! Lol. I do find other people shocked when I tell them how old I am. Shhhh my sisters would kill me if I blab about this... But ppl think I look younger than them and my baby sister is 4 years younger. Hehe I started out using this because of my adult acne, but never of thought that this product would help with youthful skin. <3 I use this stuff twice a day; morning and night. I recommend using this stuff on a clean face at night before bed. In the morning, I've watched on Dr. Oz that ppl shouldn't wash their faces in the morning because you will have much drier skin and your not allowing their own natural oils to moisten their skin. I use this product as my normal make up routine before putting on my face primer. This stuff will not make your skin oily. It blends in well, a small amount will do its job. I'm not a doctor but here is what I googled on the Internet of other benefits to Tamanu oil: 1. Relieves and protects the skin against inflammation, skin redness, sunburn and insect bites. 2. Has a regenerating effect on the skin (especially the epidermis cells) and so it effective for healing wounds, burns, cuts and bruising 3. Reduces scarring, especially the appearance of scars that are one or more years old 4. Is an anti septic and anti acne 8. Has anti ageing and anti wrinkle qualities - Moisturizes, nourishes and repairs the epidermal cells of dry and damaged skin 9. Increases microcirculation (heavy legs, bruising...) 10. Body hygiene (body odors, infections, skin rashes, dermatitis, psoriasis)

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 9:16:00 AM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been religiously using this every night before I sleep, all over my face, for 5 weeks. It's quite the miracle worker for someone like me, who's been suffering from acne and post-acne scars for the past 8 years. In just these 5 weeks of nightly use, it has considerably lightened the acne scars on my face. My face actually GLOWS in pictures, I'm not even kidding about that. Must be all the massaging I do to really work this product into my face before I sleep. If you're suffering from acne, get a bottle of this, and work it into your face daily for 1 to 2 months before you start seeing distinct results.

EDIT: This oil also has astringent properties which is probably why it works great on oily, acne-prone skin. In the past year, my skin has been slowly changing from oily to dry, and now it's properly dry. I notice that my skin is rather flaky after having massaged Tamanu Oil on my face and having let it sit overnight. So dry-skinned folks, you might only want to use this as a spot treatment.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by MelsieB

I went to my local health food/beauty store to buy an all-natural argan oil for my face, they didn't have any. I did notice a bottle of Tamanu oil, since I have never heard of it I did a quick search. It boasts skin care benefits to many skin aliments from acne to wrinkles to sun burns the list is quite extensive. The product had all of the requirements to be top quality so I thought I would try it. Primarily I wanted this for anti-aging although I still do have the occasional cystic breakout now and then. I am one week into this applying day and night and my skin is glowing no flakes from winter dryness and I've noticed a reduction in the redness around my nose. This is non-greasy quick absorbing and works well under makeup. I am currently nursing two pimples and it has helped speed up the process immensely! Anti-aging??? Well I hope so but I know that doesn't come over night :) the only down side to this product is the smell. It is very woodsy with a slight green tea smell, it's not obnoxious but if you are sensitive it might be a turn off. If you want an all-natural, all around good moisturizer this could be a great option.